Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Mandatory Changes Needed (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=219040)

Draz 04-22-2011 10:17 PM

Mandatory Changes Needed
 
In this thread, please post all of the mandatory changes needed to be made to improve our teams franchise. Post what the New York Knicks need, how can this be done, or any example of what shouldn't be touched.

Changes needed to be made:
-Roster development
Changes within our Roster is necessary. We need a legit 5 man lineup, with a legit back up of each starter. This Free Agency were going to need to pick up people worthy enough to fill up the missing pieces our team needs. There is no reason why Jared Jeffries is starting, he should not be starting, he's as good as it gets as a back up because he is no more then a role player.

-Coaching staff modifications
If it's possible to get our offensive coordinators to stay, replace Mike D'Antoni with someone who will run defense. Who will give our team what it needs during crunch time, making the best moves made for the right moment. Someone who will challenge referees, & his players themselves.

-Jesus


Discuss.

knickscity 04-22-2011 10:29 PM

Re: Mandatory Changes Needed
 
To be successful the team has to decide which way they are going to go.

That starts with putting a coach in place for the long haul.

Then surround Melo and Stat with players that are tough and willing to do the things that make it easier for the team to perform.

I like our bench personally.

It's the starting five I have reservations on.

Clutch 04-22-2011 10:47 PM

Re: Mandatory Changes Needed
 

Nickel06 04-22-2011 11:29 PM

Re: Mandatory Changes Needed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch


WROOOOOOONG!!! While i dont care for all of Dantonis coaching decisions and moves, we at the very least owe this guy the benefit of a full year with a full team. he hasnt had a fair shot since he came here til now. i say give him next year to see what he can do, and if he flops, then u move on. but not before. also everybody wants doc or phil to be next, but i had a dark horse in mind; lawrence frank. hey he coaches D for celts now and he has had success with a good team here b4.

Draz 04-23-2011 12:00 AM

Re: Mandatory Changes Needed
 
^^ ok mike d'antoni. We won't fire you, chill.

Sarcastic 04-23-2011 12:08 AM

Re: Mandatory Changes Needed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickel06
WROOOOOOONG!!! While i dont care for all of Dantonis coaching decisions and moves, we at the very least owe this guy the benefit of a full year with a full team. he hasnt had a fair shot since he came here til now. i say give him next year to see what he can do, and if he flops, then u move on. but not before. also everybody wants doc or phil to be next, but i had a dark horse in mind; lawrence frank. hey he coaches D for celts now and he has had success with a good team here b4.


Dude has been here for 3 years, and the first 2 he was given a complete pass on. I don't think asking him to just be competitive in the first playoff game in MSG in 7 years is asking too much, since we gave him that pass to lose in the first 2 years. He can't even manage the clock nor make good substitutions. It seems like he isn't even trying, or he doesn't care.

bluechox2 04-23-2011 12:15 AM

Re: Mandatory Changes Needed
 
but what other coach wud u replace him with, i think with the right defensive players, u'd probably se everyone calling him a defensive coach next year just ofr the fact that we actually have players who play defense. cus its really up to the players to play d and this group dating back till past antoni's time has not played a lick of d. that being said, it is d antoni who prefers these group of guys and should be removed if the right players cannot be attained just cause of his likeness towards jareed jeffries types.

Draz 04-23-2011 12:22 AM

Re: Mandatory Changes Needed
 
Exactly. Defense is also created by the player if we can get him to just set his players mind set to defense leads to offense and defend first rebound or block before anything we can get a lot done.

Nickel06 04-23-2011 10:22 AM

Re: Mandatory Changes Needed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Dude has been here for 3 years, and the first 2 he was given a complete pass on. I don't think asking him to just be competitive in the first playoff game in MSG in 7 years is asking too much, since we gave him that pass to lose in the first 2 years. He can't even manage the clock nor make good substitutions. It seems like he isn't even trying, or he doesn't care.


I agree, its not asking too much. As for his faults, well tell me one coach who doesnt have them. And for not trying or caring, that may be true, but guess what, it takes the players trying and caring too, and last night i really didnt see too much of that from them. Mike could have a stroke yellin at players, if they dont listen or dont care, its not gonna matter a damn bit.

franchize 04-23-2011 11:58 AM

Re: Mandatory Changes Needed
 
We don't owe D'Antoni anything.Yea he hasn't had a full year with this current roster but he's been here 3 years.He also had multiple years with PHX. Our two problems are we don't have much talent and we don't play defense.Walsh is responsible this summer for bringing in some talent.D'Antoni hasn't shown throughout his entire career that he can coach a team that plays respectable defense.I don't know what one year is going to do to change anything.Fool me once shame on you,fool me twice shame on me. Well this lis more like fool me 10 times if this guy gets yet another chance to show the world he can't coach defense.

This summer,all I want to see is Amare,Melo,Fields and Shawne Williams. Everyone else can go.Now I know we're contractually obligated 2 others but those are the 4 guys I wanna keep.Im on the fence about Chauncey.

The entire coaching staff needs to be shown their walking papers.

We even need to bring Gus Johnson back n hopefully coerce Raftery also lol

Bano114 04-23-2011 12:49 PM

Re: Mandatory Changes Needed
 
Here's my list of 2011 Free Agents that I think are worth a look.

Jamal Crawford
Glen Davis
Tyson Chandler
Samuel Dalembert

I would also consider Kwame Brown and Joel Pryzbilla for cheap. I think Glen Davis would be a very nice pick up if he doesn't ask for too much.

I still want Marc Gasol but that is just so unlikely due to him being restricted.

Rameek 04-23-2011 01:22 PM

Re: Mandatory Changes Needed
 
I think dumbtoni is here next year if its a strike shortened season. This is provided Walsh is still here. I can't imagine they clean house this year yet. Obviously the team needs to find NBA quality starters at SG and C. PG is going to probably be Bills unless the Knicks get CP3 some how this summer. Dumbtoni won't change his ways too much. I think he will be evaluated based on the improvements they make this summer for next year.

Looking ahead I don't see too many wholesale changes especially the changes fans expect.

NY-Knicks 04-23-2011 01:57 PM

Re: Mandatory Changes Needed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bano114
Here's my list of 2011 Free Agents that I think are worth a look.

Jamal Crawford
Glen Davis
Tyson Chandler
Samuel Dalembert

I would also consider Kwame Brown and Joel Pryzbilla for cheap. I think Glen Davis would be a very nice pick up if he doesn't ask for too much.

I still want Marc Gasol but that is just so unlikely due to him being restricted.


Add Deandre Jordan and Shane Battier to that list.

bluechox2 04-24-2011 08:16 AM

Re: Mandatory Changes Needed
 
deandre is restricted and will definately be matched, but i hope a sign and trade can be done.

Clutch 04-24-2011 09:05 AM

Re: Mandatory Changes Needed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bluechox2
deandre is restricted and will definately be matched, but i hope a sign and trade can be done.

He plays for the Clippers,nothing is sure :oldlol:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy