Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   NBA signs partnership extension with 2K Sports and EA Sports (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=223739)

insidehoops 05-23-2011 02:26 PM

NBA signs partnership extension with 2K Sports and EA Sports

The National Basketball Association (NBA) today announced new multiyear agreements with Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO) and Electronic Arts Inc. (NASDAQ: ERTS), extending the league’s longstanding relationship with each company to continue to develop, publish, and distribute NBA video games.

The new agreements will provide fans with a diverse offering of NBA video games, including 5-on-5 simulation and arcade style games that will be available on video game consoles, online, and through mobile devices.

“We have had successful and longstanding relationships with both 2K Sports and EA SPORTS,” said Sal LaRocca, Executive Vice President of NBA Global Merchandising. “Extending our agreements with the top sports video game developers continues to maximize our presence in this category, while ensuring our fans the best selection of NBA video games.”

For more info, read: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=7704

jb220 05-23-2011 02:27 PM

Re: 2K Sports and NBA sign partnership extension

Great news.

Anyone remember NBA elite? lol

Rake2204 05-23-2011 02:37 PM

This is not an exclusive partnership though, yes? Meaning other brands can still crank out NBA games, right? I'm honestly still a little displeased with only having Madden football to select from each year in terms of NFL games. I was so-so on NFL 2K4 but I loved NFL 2K5. It's fair to surmise that it may be overrated nowadays, but it was still my favorite football game of all time (maybe with the exception of Tecmo Super Bowl).

Mr. I'm So Rad 05-23-2011 02:39 PM

Does this mean the servers will get fixed?

JerrySteakhouse 05-23-2011 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
Does this mean the servers will get fixed?

Doubt it

Crown&Coke 05-23-2011 02:50 PM

NBA live was my fav bball game until NBA 2K8, they have blown away the competition since then and it aint even close.

They need to keep having the old teams (Like Bird's Celtics, or Magic's Lakers, etc) those are fun.

JerrySteakhouse 05-23-2011 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown&Coke
NBA live was my fav bball game until NBA 2K8, they have blown away the competition since then and it aint even close.

They need to keep having the old teams (Like Bird's Celtics, or Magic's Lakers, etc) those are fun.

NBA Live 06 was the last good LIVE

Rake2204 05-23-2011 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crown&Coke

I agree by a ton. Classic teams are a gem and multiply the replay value by 34. I hope they continue to expand this mode but I'm worried they'd rid of those teams since the "Jordan Year" is going to be over. They wouldn't do that, right? They should continue to add classic squads, courts and jerseys.

Mr. I'm So Rad 05-23-2011 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerrySteakhouse
Doubt it

:(

Neither crew games nor pickup games worked at all yesterday. But this is starting to become commonplace with 2k

kentatm 05-23-2011 02:59 PM

what I really want is a basketball game that has the NBA as well as the top international leagues like EA and Konami (kinda sorta) do with their soccer games.

Maybe they could also have all of the squads that played in the NBA Finals since the merger with the ABA.

Hell, a full on ABA mode would be pretty cool too.

I also wish there was an option to expand the league to more teams. (something I have really wanted for college football/basketball games for years now to make my own conferences)

Mr. I'm So Rad 05-23-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rake2204
I agree by a ton. Classic teams are a gem and multiply the replay value by 34. I hope they continue to expand this mode but I'm worried they'd rid of those teams since the "Jordan Year" is going to be over. They wouldn't do that, right? They should continue to add classic squads, courts and jerseys.

Yeah they are great. They should just add some more from the early 2000s like the 3 peat Lakers, the '01 Sixers, the Hakeem Rockets, the Shaq/Penny Magic, etc

Mr. I'm So Rad 05-23-2011 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kentatm
what I really want is a basketball game that has the NBA as well as the top international leagues like EA and Konami (kinda sorta) do with their soccer games.

this would be great but I doubt they could get the licensing to do that. It would be fun to have your My Player play in the Olympics

Clutch 05-23-2011 03:05 PM

They should sign a partnership with TNT so they could have their broadcast.

It would be amazing.

Kiddlovesnets 05-23-2011 03:05 PM

Sounds like a good deal. I also heard that NBA 2k11 predicted Bulls in 5 against the Heat, looks like they are wrong already.

kentatm 05-23-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
this would be great but I doubt they could get the licensing to do that. It would be fun to have your My Player play in the Olympics

They should at least be able to get EuroLeague though it would be cooler to have 4 or 5 others.

I just think it would be cool to have more leagues to battle European teams for the back end of your roster during free agency. It would really add something to worry about losing a guy to Panathinaikos or Real Madrid on top of the other NBA teams. You could maybe also draft a guy and stash him in Europe for a few years. You could even play over there with him to develop him.