Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Chamberlain's Mock Draft (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=224785)

Chamberlain 05-30-2011 08:51 PM

Chamberlain's Mock Draft

Just for fun. This is how I see it going down as of now, if all picks remain the same.

Feel free to add your own, you can do it at:

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...t_simulator/2/

Agree or disagree? I'm bored, let's discuss.

Toni 05-30-2011 09:20 PM

Re: Chamberlain's Mock Draft

A lot of mock drafts have Montiejunas up higher but I can see him being picked in the 10-15 range.

I think Markieff Morris and Fredette will be picked sooner. Jazz will be taking Fredette with the 12th pick book it.

Chamberlain 05-30-2011 09:39 PM

It's hard to say where Jimmer ends up. He could be taken as high as #9 by Charlotte, in my opinion.

The thing about Jimmer at #12 to Utah is that, if they pick Brandon Knight #3 (which reports indicate is very likely to happen), whats the point of Jimmer? He won't be able to play the SG spot in the NBA.

Utah may end up picking Kanter or perhaps even Vesely at #3, which would then allow them to pick Jimmer at #12 if he's available still.

Qwyjibo 05-30-2011 10:26 PM

The top 5 looks about what I think will happen. Maybe a switch between Kanter and Val if Cleveland likes Val more. Beyond that, I don't really care who goes where.

BRabbiT 05-30-2011 10:56 PM

this kid could be interesting...

Quote:

Kawhi Leonard

# NBA Position: Small Forward
# Class: Sophomore
# Ht: 6-7
# Wt: 227
# Hometown: Riverside, CA

NBA Comparison: Luc Richard Mbah a Moute/ Gerald Wallace

Strengths: A hybrid forward with terrific length He has a high motor and plays the game with a lot of energy...

http://www.nbadraft.net/

video

Qwyjibo 05-30-2011 11:06 PM

An SF with no actual skills just athleticism and a "motor"? Pass. If you are an SF you better be able to shoot or create off the dribble for yourself or some kind of tangible skill. No Corey Brewers please.

Chamberlain 05-30-2011 11:19 PM

I wouldn't have much of a problem picking Leonard if he was the best player available, but at #5 for the Raptors, he won't be. He's not the kind of guy you draft if your trying to fill a SF hole.

He is intriguing though, that kind of athleticism, slashing ability and defense will be valuable to some team, but the only reason he will be draft in the lottery is because of how weak this draft is.

If he had declared next year, he'd likely be a late first rounder.

Toni 05-31-2011 12:15 AM

I couldn`t import the picture but mine was;

1. Irving
2. Williams
3. Knight
4. Kanter
5. Valenciunas
6. Vesely
7. Burks
8. Walker
9. Leonard
10. Marcus Morris
11. Biyombo
12. Fredette
13. Montiejunas
14. Thompson

Chamberlain 05-31-2011 12:26 AM

I actually did a Print Screen on the page and posted it through tinypic, but it's all good.

So you think that Utah will take both Knight and Fredette?

Toni 05-31-2011 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I actually did a Print Screen on the page and posted it through tinypic, but it's all good.

So you think that Utah will take both Knight and Fredette?

I know it`s weird they probably won`t take both. Maybe they take Kanter with the 3rd and Fredette with the 12th. I`m really convinced that they will take Fredette with the later pick though.

Chamberlain 05-31-2011 12:41 AM

It makes sense. They need outside shooting, they need a point guard and he's a local kid. Utah seems to pride themselves on having a "certain type" of player on their team. Though, that was under Sloan, things may be different now.

Reef 05-31-2011 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
An SF with no actual skills just athleticism and a "motor"? Pass. If you are an SF you better be able to shoot or create off the dribble for yourself or some kind of tangible skill. No Corey Brewers please.

He actually tested poorly too in the combine, even though he "looks" really athletic. I'd rather have James Johnson.

bluerap 05-31-2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

It makes sense. They need outside shooting, they need a point guard and he's a local kid. Utah seems to pride themselves on having a "certain type" of player on their team. Though, that was under Sloan, things may be different now.

you mean white?

1. Williams
2. Irving
3. Kanter
4. Knight
5. Val

Thought I would change it up a bit. I would actually consider this if I were cleveland. Not 100% sold on irving and you still get a good pg.

Grey Dawn 05-31-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

It's hard to say where Jimmer ends up. He could be taken as high as #9 by Charlotte, in my opinion.

The thing about Jimmer at #12 to Utah is that, if they pick Brandon Knight #3 (which reports indicate is very likely to happen), whats the point of Jimmer? He won't be able to play the SG spot in the NBA.

Utah may end up picking Kanter or perhaps even Vesely at #3, which would then allow them to pick Jimmer at #12 if he's available still.

Yeah, but he's white.

nba.com's got Walker as the most common #5 pick, but Val is in the 5 slot for some of the mocks too:

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/feature...aft/index.html

Chamberlain 05-31-2011 10:51 AM

I don't mean white :oldlol: