Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Tayshaun prince is a Free agent. does he sign with the highlight factory(Heatles) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225668)

Theoo's Daddy 06-07-2011 01:54 AM

Tayshaun prince is a Free agent. does he sign with the highlight factory(Heatles)

He got paid well enough by joe dumars. he's been losing so much for the past 3 years, Would he sign with the heat to get a shot at another ring ?

50inchvertical 06-07-2011 01:56 AM

Re: Tayshaun prince is a Free agent. does he sign with the highlight factory(Heatles)

Probably, of he goes back home to one of the LA teams. Maybe he goes to Dallas to play with his former HS teammate Chandler, doubt that one though.

Bogus_Sting 06-07-2011 01:59 AM

Re: Tayshaun prince is a Free agent. does he sign with the highlight factory(Heatles)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50inchvertical
Probably, of he goes back home to one of the LA teams. Maybe he goes to Dallas to play with his former HS teammate Chandler, doubt that one though.

Plenty of other teams to win championships with. If he plays for Miami, the ball boys will make more money than him.

Kurosawa0 06-07-2011 02:00 AM

No way. He'll get much more than the minimum and Miami doesn't need him enough to pay him anything.

bluechox2 06-07-2011 04:15 AM

Theres never too much money

ThePointGuard11 06-07-2011 04:19 AM

Perfect fit would be The Clippers, but he's on record saying he would like to stay in Detroit. Then again, the Clippers aren't exactly contenders right now so they may be out of the question.

Clippersfan86 06-07-2011 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThePointGuard11
Perfect fit would be The Clippers, but he's on record saying he would like to stay in Detroit. Then again, the Clippers aren't exactly contenders right now so they may be out of the question.

He's been linked to the Clippers recently and they are a perfect situation for him. Hometown.. young, loaded up and coming team who just needs a SF to be serious contenders. Besides he would probably love to run the break with Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon.

fefe 06-07-2011 05:30 AM

Prince can only play SF.

At SF, Miami has James for 40 minutes per game, and they have Mike Miller at SF on the bench.

Prince has no place.

FourthTenor 06-07-2011 05:45 AM

I was thinking about this the other day.

Unfortunately for Prince, I don't think there will be a lot of high priced offers for him out there. Pretty much all the contenders are locked in to small forwards, and all the rebuilders will not be offering much for a 30 yr old wing player.

QuebecBaller 06-07-2011 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kurosawa0
No way. He'll get much more than the minimum and Miami doesn't need him enough to pay him anything.

Miami should sign every free agents at the minimum. Nene, Gasol, Prince, Chandler, Butler, T-Mac, Oden, Battier, J-Rich... Don't forget that every players wants/dreams to play for the Heat. They will accept a pay cut just to play 5 minutes a games :lol :lol :lol

Rake2204 06-07-2011 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
He's been linked to the Clippers recently and they are a perfect situation for him. Hometown.. young, loaded up and coming team who just needs a SF to be serious contenders. Besides he would probably love to run the break with Blake Griffin and Eric Gordon.

I think that'd be great for Tayshaun. I appreciate everything he's done for the Detroit during his time here and Los Angeles seems like a real nice fit for him. It'd make me like that Clippers team even more.

Theoo's Daddy 06-07-2011 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fefe
Prince can only play SF.

At SF, Miami has James for 40 minutes per game, and they have Mike Miller at SF on the bench.

Prince has no place.

Prince is a good ball handler and plays good defense. Spo will find him minutes or games where he could really help out.

Bigsmoke 06-07-2011 10:24 AM

the Lakers. :confusedshrug:

2LeTTeRS 06-07-2011 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FourthTenor
I was thinking about this the other day.

Unfortunately for Prince, I don't think there will be a lot of high priced offers for him out there. Pretty much all the contenders are locked in to small forwards, and all the rebuilders will not be offering much for a 30 yr old wing player.

I agree. Even if the MLE remains teams will also have Battier, AK47, T Mac and Barnes to choose from on the free agent market alongside Prince. I just don't see any of those guys getting big paydays.

24r2 06-07-2011 10:28 AM

Go to LA