Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=225717)

Clippersfan86 06-07-2011 04:19 PM

Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer
 
:eek: Best trailer of any game.. I have ever seen. I'm tempted to buy a new gaming rig for this game. Bioware MMORPG= Godsend. Should blow Wow away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfNhs...feature=relmfu

bdreason 06-07-2011 04:32 PM

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer
 
ya the trailer is awesome. You won't need a new rig to run this game though. The graphics aren't hardware intensive. The ingame graphics certainly won't be like the cinematic trailer (not made by bioware).

Clippersfan86 06-07-2011 04:33 PM

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdreason
ya the trailer is awesome. You won't need a new rig to run this game though. The graphics aren't hardware intensive. The ingame graphics certainly won't be like the cinematic trailer (not made by bioware).


I ran Wow without problems (besides in Dalaran and in big raids). Should I be fine then? I have a laptop so it's not upgradeable.

bdreason 06-07-2011 04:35 PM

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
I ran Wow without problems (besides in Dalaran and in big raids). Should I be fine then? I have a laptop so it's not upgradeable.



If you can run WoW, you can run SWTOR. You probably won't be able to max graphics... but MMO's really aren't about graphics (at least not for me).

Clippersfan86 06-07-2011 04:36 PM

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdreason
If you can run WoW, you can run SWTOR. You probably won't be able to max graphics... but MMO's really aren't about graphics (at least not for me).


Plus it probably won't be overcrowded like Wow at least for the first year or two.. so my Frame rates should be much better than Wow at it's worst. I played Wow at Low-Medium settings. Like you said.. I didn't lose any experience from downgrading the graphics etc. Not a big deal.

bdreason 06-07-2011 04:39 PM

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Plus it probably won't be overcrowded like Wow at least for the first year or two.. so my Frame rates should be much better than Wow at it's worst. I played Wow at Low-Medium settings. Like you said.. I didn't lose any experience from downgrading the graphics etc. Not a big deal.



Don't underestimate the hype around this game. I'm guessing somewhere around 1.5-2 million the first month of launch, and another 1-2 million over the course of a year. Bioware and Star Wars both have a large contingent of fanboys.

Clippersfan86 06-07-2011 04:52 PM

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bdreason
Don't underestimate the hype around this game. I'm guessing somewhere around 1.5-2 million the first month of launch, and another 1-2 million over the course of a year. Bioware and Star Wars both have a large contingent of fanboys.


Even so... I'm willing to bet they don't crack the 10 million Wow players even within 2 years. Most Star Wars fanatics are older folks who don't play video games, unlike the Wow crowd. Not saying none play video games but if you watch the Star Wars conventions it's not a bunch of 20 year old gamers. It's guys and ladies who saw Star Wars in theaters and are hooked. They collect memorabilia and wear costumes.. I don't see them playing an MMO.

Rasheed1 06-13-2011 04:23 PM

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer
 
Im gettin it:cheers: and Im one of those fans that people think wont be getting it..

alot of older star wars fans will get into this stuff just to get a taste of the story.. I didnt play RPG before I played kotor I & II.. Ive never played MMORPG but I'll be playing it when this comes out... sh*t looks too good not to cop it

Lebowsky 06-13-2011 04:30 PM

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer
 
Anyone interested in the game should check their website out. It looks fantastic.

ChandlerParsons 06-13-2011 04:36 PM

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer
 
Guild Wars 2 will be the best MMORPG this year.. or whatever year it comes out in.

I am hyping this game even it gets horrible reviews
go guild wars
gw>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> sw
:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

ukballer 06-14-2011 05:06 AM

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer
 
Been waiting for this game for so long, and will still continue to. Just need a bloody release date!!!!

embersyc 06-16-2011 05:52 PM

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Even so... I'm willing to bet they don't crack the 10 million Wow players even within 2 years. Most Star Wars fanatics are older folks who don't play video games, unlike the Wow crowd. Not saying none play video games but if you watch the Star Wars conventions it's not a bunch of 20 year old gamers. It's guys and ladies who saw Star Wars in theaters and are hooked. They collect memorabilia and wear costumes.. I don't see them playing an MMO.



I use to play Star Wars Galaxies when it first came out and that game was way more more crowded than WoW. Sometimes you had to queue for an hour just to log in.

intrinsic 06-17-2011 12:05 AM

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
:eek: Best trailer of any game.. I have ever seen. I'm tempted to buy a new gaming rig for this game. Bioware MMORPG= Godsend. Should blow Wow away.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfNhs...feature=relmfu

I was with you until they showed off some gameplay at e3, and it put all of my enthusiasm on pause. Tank, Healer and Damage roles with a default ui that looks an awful lot like WoW. Companion characters are a fresh way to open up the game for people who are more single player oriented. Still, I don't see enough innovation in the game; it isn't for me.

heyhey 06-18-2011 07:52 PM

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer
 
this will be the first MMORPG i'll ever buy.

love KOTOR and Bioware rpgs too much not to this out.

KOTOR1 and 2 might be, scratch that, IS my favorite saga in Star Wars universe. Best story

intrinsic 06-22-2011 12:47 PM

Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic E3 opener trailer
 
http://www.1up.com/news/crysis-2-pul...valve-to-blame

Steam is no longer an option for TOR. Bold move by EA to push their Origin digital download platform with such a highly anticipated release. This should really increase their digital customer base by allowing pre-loading to be ready to play the game at launch which holds obvious advantages over retail purchase.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy