Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Knicks plan to move up involves Biyombo, not Jimmer. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=227655)

DStebb716 06-18-2011 09:16 PM

Knicks plan to move up involves Biyombo, not Jimmer.

All the reports today are saying that the Knicks want Biyombo and could move up into the top 10 to land him.

http://www.postingandtoasting.com/20...ismack-biyombo

Quote:

The Knicks are hoping Biyombo drops to them at 17. That's unlikely, so they're exploring moving up. May have to jump ahead of Warriors at 11.

I've read two other stories on it, but one was from Bleacher Report so it's not worth it.

THIS is the right move. If you can somehow package Toney Douglas and the 16th pick to get Biyombo somehow then you're in real business. If it takes Landry Fields, I'd be semi-okay with that. If it takes both, I don't want it.

Then the Knicks can (as they plan to) buy a second rounder and grab a PG prospect to put behind Billups. I would LOVE to get Darius Morris but he'll probably be gone in the first round.

Patrick Chewing 06-18-2011 09:32 PM

Re: Knicks plan to move up involves Biyombo, not Jimmer.

Biyombo's only 6'9" and can probably be had later. Knicks need to stand pat.

Zackmorris 06-18-2011 09:38 PM

They should just keep their #17 and buy a late first round and second round pick

Nobler 06-18-2011 09:42 PM

Biyombo Bigbusta

DStebb716 06-18-2011 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
Biyombo's only 6'9" and can probably be had later. Knicks need to stand pat.

Uhm, no he won't be. He is a fringe top 10 player right now.

dallaslonghorn 06-18-2011 09:59 PM

He's got a 7'7 wingspan and a vertical well over 30 inches. He'd be a perfect fit for the Knicks as a center. Doubt they'll get him though.

33teeth 06-18-2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DStebb716

LOL

:blah

DStebb716 06-18-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dallaslonghorn
He's got a 7'7 wingspan and a vertical well over 30 inches. He'd be a perfect fit for the Knicks as a center. Doubt they'll get him though.

This. He is everything the Knicks need in a center. He only lacks the size but his intensity, wingspan and vert make up for it all.

Patrick Chewing 06-18-2011 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DStebb716

LOL wut?

FourthTenor 06-18-2011 10:11 PM

Why the hell would they move up for Jimmer??? :roll:

knickballer 06-18-2011 10:11 PM

I'm mixed on this. On one hand we need an athletic defensive center badly but on the other hand this guy is a pure hit or miss type of player.. He's going to be extremely raw, he probably doesn't have any offensive moves and he might not be any good. But like I said before we need a defensive center badly, I also don't know how he'll fit in D'Antoni's system. He doesn't shot the 3 so he's not an option tbh..

I just want the Knicks to draft a solid role player.. We need a defensive player who can hit his threes as getting shooters to spread the floor with Amare/Melo would be ideal.

I want the Knicks to make a move with Detroit and get their #8th overall pick and Rip though we'll have to eat up his contract. We'll end up with 2 first rounders if we don't buy another that is.

knickballer 06-18-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FourthTenor
Why the hell would they move up for Jimmer??? :roll:

Why not. He fits a need for the Knicks not to mention some teams are looking hard at him(Utah). His shooting would be pretty ****ing good and it would spread the floor with Amare and Melo on the court. We are lacking shooting atm with Billups bricking 3's, Fields is ok, etc.

Also maybe the Knicks move up to take Motjenaus(sp?). Although his defense is probably poor, he's a 7 footer and Amare and him could form a deadly combo. D'antoni might turn this guy into a deadly player..

Hondo 06-18-2011 10:17 PM

The Knicks should target Raja Bell through a trade and draft Biyombo.

PG: Billups/ Douglas
SG: Bell/ Fields
SF: Anthony/ Walker
PF: Stoudemire/ Williams
CT: Turiaf/ Biyombo

FourthTenor 06-18-2011 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickballer
Why not. He fits a need for the Knicks not to mention some teams are looking hard at him(Utah). His shooting would be pretty ****ing good and it would spread the floor with Amare and Melo on the court. We are lacking shooting atm with Billups bricking 3's, Fields is ok, etc.

Also maybe the Knicks move up to take Motjenaus(sp?). Although his defense is probably poor, he's a 7 footer and Amare and him could form a deadly combo. D'antoni might turn this guy into a deadly player..

Good point, I forgot that the Knicks main objective is to play an exciting but futile brand of "D'Antoni ball" rather than actually compete for a title.

So I guess the more one-dimensional volume scorers, the better. They're already paying max contracts to two of them, why not trade up for another.

Sarcastic 06-18-2011 10:19 PM

I like it because BB is not a _'Antoni type of player, which means Mike could be on his way out the door :banana: