Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Comic-Con: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Announced (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230523)

Black Joker 07-20-2011 04:59 PM

Comic-Con: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Announced

Quote:

Capcom today confirmed Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, a new edition of the title that includes 12 new fighters bringing the roster to a total of 50.

Characters confirmed so far include: Strider, Ghost 'n Goblins villain Firebrand, Ghost Rider and Hawkeye. Capcom says it will reveal more characters in the coming months. Additionally, the game will feature a Spectator Mode, allowing players to watch matches online, eight new stages, and improvements to the the game's balance and online functionality.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will cost $39.99 and comes out this November for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Update: The full roster has been leaked online already. Capcom has not confirmed these as final. Check the gallery for official art.

Here's are the new characters.

Capcom:
Firebrand
Strider Hiryu
Phoenix Wright
Vergil
Nemesis
Frank West

Marvel:
Hawkeye
Ghost Rider
Dr Strange
Iron Fist
Rocket Raccoon
Nova

niko 07-21-2011 08:09 AM

Re: Comic-Con: Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 Announced

Is it just me or does every character, because the game is so fast, feel like they play mostly the same? It just felt like a very repetitive experience (unlike MK and SSFIV. I liked it, but it couldn't hold my interest long.

Qwyjibo 07-21-2011 08:16 AM

Really? MvC3 is where characters feel most different IMO. MK (still a very good game though) is the game where there is almost no differentiation in fighting styles, size and speed between the characters. But I do agree that the game generally does boil down to rushing down with most characters.

This will be a great game but really, all of this should have already been included in Mv3. There was no reason not to (other than to gouge customers). Mv3, while a good game, was way too bare-bones in terms of features to be worth the full price.

- Nemesis and Vergil are crappy new character choices. With all the games Capcom has, do we really need 4 characters from the Resident Evil series and 3 from DMC? Those spots could have been used on more interesting choices.

- Firebrand is an interesting one though. Demon's Crest was a great game.

- Doctor Strange and Rocket Raccoon are great character choices too.

Black Joker 07-22-2011 06:19 PM

i'm most excited for Phoenix Wright, how is that going to work lol attacking people with legal terms?!

OBJECTION!

embersyc 07-24-2011 09:24 AM

Always know with a Capcom fighter not to buy first version, because the souped up better version will be released 6-8 months later.

Same thing happened with Street Fighter 4, glad I waited in both cases.

kaiteng 07-24-2011 10:14 AM

STILL, NO SQUIRREL GIRL, THE MOST POWERFUL MARVEL CHARACTER!?!? :rant :rolleyes: :D

Undisputed 07-24-2011 05:57 PM

Just a random thought, Ultimate MVC3 should come with a bottle of tylenol to cope with the headaches that it induces. I have no idea why people even like this game. It's a cluttered mess of graphics, strobe like flashes, and 30+ hit combos.

D12"Magic" 07-24-2011 10:16 PM

Good thing I waited. As long as there is no $5 DLC for 1 CHARACTER :D

Draz 07-25-2011 01:05 AM

Marvel vs capcom is the best series.

niko 07-27-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D12"Magic"
Good thing I waited. As long as there is no $5 DLC for 1 CHARACTER :D

there are rumors of 4 characters who just missed the cut who will be DLC. SORRY....

inthenickoftime 08-09-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draz
Marvel vs capcom is the best series.

Idk as far as fighting games right now, I really enjoy SF4 wayyy more than MK or MvC3 just feels better, MvC3 is just to fast and kinda requires no real strategy just go in an execute the same air combo over and over

RobertdeMeijer 08-15-2011 06:47 AM

I'm glad to hear this series is still being worked on.

I don't know if I should be happy or sad that Psylocke and Captain Commando assists are not coming back...