Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Clippers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   2011-12 Schedule (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232031)

qrich 08-10-2011 05:25 PM

2011-12 Schedule

Schedule was released a while ago, don't have much internet access, so posting it now:

We open up the season against the Grizzlies, and a 2 more consecutive home games before the next 6 of 7 are on the road (including a Texas 2-step).

December's schedule seems to be a decent one, but from Dec 27 to the end of January, the Clippers leave Staples just ONCE to Sacramento and play the Lakers 3 times. To make the post season, the team needs to really produce during that stretch as in February, a 9 game road trip (3 sets of back to back) and 5 in a row to kick off March as well.

A key thing to look at in the schedule, at least to me, is the Final 15 games, since we are poised to be battling for a playoff seed, it's more vital: Hornets (2x), Suns (1x), Portland (1x), Utah (2x), Lakers (1x), Kings (1x), Memphis (1x), Thunder (3x), Wolves (1x), Warriors (2x)

Now, of those teams, the Lakers, Kings, Thunder and Wolves (6 games) are teams that either will be a top seed (long shot for the Clips) or are a long shot to make the playoffs as a whole. Jazz might fit in with those teams as well. Taking both games against the Warriors and Hornets could provide to be vital, along with the game against the Grizzlies.

ihatetimthomas 08-12-2011 01:54 PM

Re: 2011-12 Schedule

The key for Clippers more than anything if they want a shot at the playoffs to finally get off to a good start. They are too inexperienced to be able to come from behind, especially when they have those long road game stretches. I expect VDN to be on the hot seat if they start off very slow.

senelcoolidge 08-13-2011 10:13 PM

I agree. If the Clippers make the playoffs, than VDN will keep his job a little longer. A very disappointing year might get him axed. A slow start will put him on the hot seat.

qrich 08-15-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
The key for Clippers more than anything if they want a shot at the playoffs to finally get off to a good start. They are too inexperienced to be able to come from behind, especially when they have those long road game stretches. I expect VDN to be on the hot seat if they start off very slow.

A good start would be nice, but January will be the make/break month. If they don't finish .750, it'll be a wrap imo.

ihatetimthomas 08-15-2011 09:18 PM

I just do not have confidence the Clippers can come back from a slow start, so i think its critical they start off well. The month of Jan is huge no doubt, but if they have a bad record by then, its tough to climb an uphill battle. Especially when this team is not battle tested.