Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Little October 4 process made, remainder of 2011 NBA preseason games now cancelled (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=236081)

bagelred 10-04-2011 06:13 PM

Little October 4 process made, remainder of 2011 NBA preseason games now cancelled

Quote:

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Hunter on next meeting: "Maybe a month...Maybe two months..." He said it simply hadn't been scheduled.

WojYahooNBA Adrian Wojnarowski
Hunter: "As of this moment, we've broken off the negotiations..." Now it's up to one side to pick up phone and set up another.

:facepalm

:lol

:hammerhead:

:sleeping

:confusedshrug:

:pimp:

SteveNashMVPcro 10-04-2011 06:13 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Little progress made, no further meetings scheduled

Sheiße

pauk 10-04-2011 06:15 PM

Joey Zaza 10-04-2011 06:15 PM

Owners either want to cancel the season or want everyone to hink that they want to cancel the season. They think players wil come crawling after missing some paychecks.

copper 10-04-2011 06:25 PM

The league owners and players are truly stupid if they think people will still be waiting when they stop behaving like entitled children. They obviously didnt learn anything from their last shortened season. The entre fanbase is in hard economical times and these pissants are worrying about who gets how many milions? seriously? so maybe they dont buy that 3rd or 4th house in the carribean this year. Or god forbid they drive the same ferarri twice a week. The flippant behaviour they have shown is offensive to me. They act as if they dont care if there is a season, and could care less if there is a next meeting scheduled. They can go play in europe, I will simply turn the channel. I have been a die hard Piston fan since I was 10 so the quick math is 27 years, I have seen players come and go, the current players seem to have such a sense of entitlement that I really am turned off from watching the games anymore. Maybe the strike is the perfect time for me to find other interests and move on. If they dont care? why should I?

Joey Zaza 10-04-2011 06:30 PM

This is what is frustrating to me owners went from 46 to 47 and the players went from 54 to 53.

Doesn't take a math genius to see that this is headed to 50. So lets just get to 50 and start the season.

Hammertime 10-04-2011 06:32 PM

In a way, I was hoping for this. I hope the whole season gets cancelled and the players come crawling back when the bills for their pimped out mansions, Bentleys, chains, hos, and cocaine stack up.

Deuce Bigalow 10-04-2011 06:33 PM

:rant

PowerGlove 10-04-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammertime
In a way, I was hoping for this. I hope the whole season gets cancelled and the players come crawling back when the bills for their pimped out mansions, Bentleys, chains, hos, and cocaine stack up.

:applause: great stereotyping but players WILL head overseas before that happens, believe that.

mattvNJ 10-04-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

shit made me laugh out loud in class, but honestly i hope they meet in the middle its pretty fair. i know id be pissed if a lot of my salary was cut but they generally all have so much. Im hoping for the best expecting the worst

Hammertime 10-04-2011 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PowerGlove
:applause: great stereotyping but players WILL head overseas before that happens, believe that.

If these were simply stereotypes, they'd be no need for anyone to head anywhere. A responsible adult who made tens of millions before the age of 30 would not have to work ever again.

SourGrapes 10-04-2011 06:37 PM

Quote:

It's strange how this forum becomes a soap box for extreme ideas and marginal people. Is this really what you take from the whole situation?

Kato 10-04-2011 06:40 PM

YEEEEAAAAAAA buddy!! Fvck the NBA, nah really though I'm still bitter. DA GOAT got black balled.

Locked_Up_Tonight 10-04-2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

This is what is frustrating to me owners went from 46 to 47 and the players went from 54 to 53.

Doesn't take a math genius to see that this is headed to 50. So lets just get to 50 and start the season.

That would make too much sense. Something else that would make sense? Why not have these meeting in July/August? Why wait til October to really have a meeting?

bd#1pguard 10-04-2011 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SourGrapes
It's strange how this forum becomes a soap box for extreme ideas and marginal people. Is this really what you take from the whole situation?

where in his statement is the soap box. soap box as a term came from an era where over dramatization was the case. but nowadays man people are really struggling and unless you know what thats like maybe you dont understand where the poster is coming from.

at the end of the day these are spoiled babies and corporate ****s that make our lives harder than they need to be.

the 99%/1% split is in full effect on this forum and that is acceptable in this day and age. you have to learn that basketball extends beyond the game sometimes. it may lead to other convos and thats ok just dont worry about it if you havent the experience.

and if youre well off than good for you, but dont make our complaints seem miniscule when theyre actually valid and justified. **** these nba players and the owners, i love the game not the players, starting today.