Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Larry hughes wants to make a come back. Chicago bulls?? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238068)

Theoo's Daddy 10-27-2011 06:22 PM

Larry hughes wants to make a come back. Chicago bulls??

Quote:

"Obviously, I wanted to play," Hughes said recently. "At the same time I wanted to be stable. I didn't want to go to a situation where it was a one-year deal, or partial guarantee deal where at any time you could be out of there moving on. I wanted certain things after moving around the past three years, to different teams, I wanted something solid. If I didn't get that, I wasn't coming back."

But when he participated in the Impact Basketball Competitive Training Series last month Las Vegas, the 32-year-old Hughes said that he wasn't quite ready to retire. "I still got some game left. Having a role on a team, a contending team, is what I'm looking for. We'll see how it goes."

Which team would he fit in ? I think bulls can use him, seeing that JR smith is not coming back until next season.

gasolina 10-27-2011 06:40 PM

Re: Larry hughes wants to make a come back. Chicago bulls??

Bulls would be awful with him. He's old, and probably not the defensive player he was then. Plus Keith Bogans probably has a better shot than him.

That's the problem if you don't have a reliable jumpshot, you just don't age gracefully.

HylianNightmare 10-27-2011 06:44 PM

don't see any team taking him for more than an end of the bench job

D.J. 10-27-2011 06:46 PM

He'll be 33 in January. He hasn't played since the Bobcats playoff series. His defense isn't going to be what it once was and his offense has declined.

Real Men Wear Green 10-27-2011 07:26 PM

Rose doesn't need a ballhandling SG with no jumper. Bad fit.

Burgz 10-27-2011 07:44 PM

i call "short" everytime he even thinks of pulling a jumpshot hahaha

Crown&Coke 10-27-2011 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgz
i call "short" everytime he even thinks of pulling a jumpshot hahaha

:roll:

thats sad, but pretty spot on.

Bogans is basically a bigger version of Hughes except Larry can handle the rock. Larry Hughes gets injured often.

El Kabong 10-27-2011 09:57 PM

Cant see any team signing him.

AI3Anthony 10-27-2011 10:01 PM

why would JR sign a contract with no opt out clause? NBA>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>chinese league

hoopaddict08 10-27-2011 10:02 PM

More like a return to Cleveland. Who is their starting two these days?