Mayor of Orlando wants NBA All-Star weekend in 2014 or 2015 after 2012
Orlando Mayor Buddy Dyer said Saturday that although city officials look forward to hosting the 2012 NBA All-Star Game if the tentative labor deal is ratified, he plans to ask the league for the city to host the game again in 2014 or 2015.
“We’re extremely pleased and excited to host the 2012 game,” Dyer told the Orlando Sentinel on Saturday.
“We would certainly appreciate and welcome the opportunity to host the game in either 2014 or 2015 again, and I will certainly, along with the Magic, make that request. But we’re pretty excited about having ’12.”
It’s highly unlikely that the league would play the All-Star Game in one location twice in a three- or four-year span.
Officials from the NBA and the Magic would not comment.
Earlier this month, Dyer told Sentinel sports columnist Mike Bianchi that the league would have a “moral obligation” to give the city a second All-Star Game “since we wouldn’t be getting the All-Star Game in the fashion that it was promoted to us.”
-- Reported by the Orlando Sentinel
Re: Mayor of Orlando wants NBA All-Star weekend in 2014 or 2015 after 2012
i'd love that since, we just got the new areana and dwight might be leaving
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4