Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Teams in need of PG will regret passing on Rondo (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2407)

Yanks26RedSox1 06-22-2006 01:00 AM

Teams in need of PG will regret passing on Rondo

Teams in the NBA draft on potential, not how good of a college player you are. If that was the case then Redick would be the consensus #1, and you would not even know Bargaini. Rajon Rondo because of his speed and athleticism has the most potential on anyone in the draft besides maybe Rod Carney. If he ever develops even a mediocre jumpshot (like so many do once they reach the NBA, Lebron and D-Wade are great examples), he will be unstoppable offensivley, and is already a devistating defender, and the best rebounding guard in the draft hands down.

dwillreg 06-22-2006 01:51 AM

Rondo better potential than Rudy Gay??? Gay has barely stratched what he can become in college and is just 19 years old. Better potential than Bargnani??? A 7 foot big man that can stroke it and has shown strikes in his low post game. I will agree Rondo is loaded with potential but the most in the draft, thats a stretch.

ZHAKIDD532 06-22-2006 08:26 AM

he'll be the next brevin knight, has the same game. But if you're gonna sit here and tell me he's gonna be better than Rudy Gay, Tyrus Thomas, Aldridge, Bargnani, Morrison or Brandon Roy, you're crazy.

dwillreg 06-22-2006 04:06 PM

Rondo would be amazing with the Suns but they allready have Nash and Barbosa.

Chamberlain 06-22-2006 04:22 PM

Apparently they don't like playing Barbosa at the point and are looking for a new backup point guard.

dwillreg 06-22-2006 04:24 PM

The Suns should jump on Saer Sene if he is there at 21 so it is unlikely that the Suns will get Rondo. Someone like Washington Jr. or Sergio Rodrigez or Kyle Lowry or Shannon Brown or Quincy Douby would all be great at 27. If Saer Sene is gone at 21 they could look at Rondo i guess.

KiNG 06-22-2006 05:01 PM

rondo on the lakers wuld be nice

TheBigAristotle1 06-22-2006 05:10 PM

ROndo

Rondo is the most overrated player in this draft, what a joke, seriously.

Rondo wasn't even better then Patrick Sparks and was probably the weakest starter on his team.

KiNG 06-22-2006 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
Rondo is the most overrated player in this draft, what a joke, seriously.

Rondo wasn't even better then Patrick Sparks and was probably the weakest starter on his team.

patrick sparks was niceeee

TheBigAristotle1 06-22-2006 05:30 PM

Sparks

Sparks was fat, slow and weak. He was a good passer, had good hand, and could shoot, but he got ***** on defense in the SEC. In the NBA that guy would be sodomized by Eric Snow.

Rondo has much more NBA potential because atleast he can play defense. Just don't expect anything else out of him.

KiNG 06-22-2006 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
Sparks was fat, slow and weak. He was a good passer, had good hand, and could shoot, but he got ***** on defense in the SEC. In the NBA that guy would be sodomized by Eric Snow.

Rondo has much more NBA potential because atleast he can play defense. Just don't expect anything else out of him.

i still remember that 3 sparks hit against michigan state to send it to over time. i was hype

dwillreg 06-22-2006 11:33 PM

Without a doubt Patrick Sparks is the ugliest man I've ever seen. I don't think Rondo is overrated because he is projected in the 16-22 range. I would consider pulling the trigger on him in that range as a risk.

Yanks26RedSox1 06-23-2006 12:08 AM

i meant at the point guard spot

Yanks26RedSox1 06-23-2006 12:11 AM

if rondo was the weakest starter on UK, then why did he lead the team in every possible statistical category (points, assists, rebounds, blocks, steals), and name me another player that did that, especially a team that can play 11 deep

Bill Swerski 06-23-2006 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yanks26RedSox1
Teams in need of PG will...

...cry miserably.

You are right in Rodney Carney having the single most potential of anyone in the draft tho, but Adam Morrison is right behind him, creepy mustache and all.:applause: