Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Enough with the Broussard already (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240714)

Burgz 11-29-2011 08:23 PM

Enough with the Broussard already
 
all i've been hearing today is Chris Broussard rumours

apparently everyone is going to the Clippers

also, apparently NBA teams are interested in good players...whoa way to go Broussard, top notch reporting right there

can someone remind me why we still keep this guy relevant even though i cant even remember the amount of times he reported the lockout to be coming to end/never ever ending at all?:confusedshrug:

what's more is that I find it fairly unprofessional for someone to be reporting on possible deals with total disregard to the rules and stipulations as imposed by the new CBA.

/rant :banghead:

Heavincent 11-29-2011 08:24 PM

Re: Enough with the Broussard already
 
Broussard doesn't know what he is talking about.

brisbaneman 11-29-2011 08:26 PM

Re: Enough with the Broussard already
 
I think he's a Clippers insider?

Because he claimed Griffin was better than Dirkules (or was that Chris Palmer?) in order to get in the Griffin camp, since everyone knows Griffin is nowhere near Dirkules' level.

BGriffin's Dad 11-29-2011 09:43 PM

Re: Enough with the Broussard already
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by brisbaneman
I think he's a Clippers insider?

Because he claimed Griffin was better than Dirkules (or was that Chris Palmer?) in order to get in the Griffin camp, since everyone knows Griffin is nowhere near Dirkules' level.


NBA Rookie Season Averages

Blake Griffin: 22.5 PPG, 50.6 FG%, 29.2 3PT%, 64.2 FT%, 12.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.6 BPG, 2.72 TO
Dirk Nowitzki: 8.2 PPG, 40.5 FG%, 20.6 3PT%, 77.3 FT%, 3.4 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.6 SPG, 0.6 BPG, 1.55 TO

Pretty clear whose was superior. Should I bring up the awards like ROTY?

brisbaneman 11-29-2011 09:47 PM

Re: Enough with the Broussard already
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
NBA Rookie Season Averages

Blake Griffin: 22.5 PPG, 50.6 FG%, 29.2 3PT%, 64.2 FT%, 12.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.6 BPG, 2.72 TO
Dirk Nowitzki: 8.2 PPG, 40.5 FG%, 20.6 3PT%, 77.3 FT%, 3.4 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.6 SPG, 0.6 BPG, 1.55 TO

Pretty clear whose was superior. Should I bring up the awards like ROTY?


Griffin was better as a rookie than Dirk, no doubt, but this guy claimed he was better than Dirk LAST SEASON

Clippersfan86 11-29-2011 09:52 PM

Re: Enough with the Broussard already
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgz
all i've been hearing today is Chris Broussard rumours

apparently everyone is going to the Clippers

also, apparently NBA teams are interested in good players...whoa way to go Broussard, top notch reporting right there

can someone remind me why we still keep this guy relevant even though i cant even remember the amount of times he reported the lockout to be coming to end/never ever ending at all?:confusedshrug:

what's more is that I find it fairly unprofessional for someone to be reporting on possible deals with total disregard to the rules and stipulations as imposed by the new CBA.

/rant :banghead:


Don't worry man. Raptors will have their day under the sun. Not saying this sarcastically.. I really think Raptors will soon find their star and franchise player. I know how annoying it is.. when your team is rebuilding or stuck like the Raptors this last year with no immediate end in sight.

Raptors NEED to scout heavily for this draft because they will likely get a top 5 pick. This is their shot for a franchise player. I honestly hope you guys get the number 2 pick right after the Clippers. Bobcats and Raptors are hurting badly for that franchise player.

BGriffin's Dad 11-29-2011 09:56 PM

Re: Enough with the Broussard already
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by brisbaneman
Griffin was better as a rookie than Dirk, no doubt, but this guy claimed he was better than Dirk LAST SEASON


Oh, yeah I agree there. Dirk had an amazing season, but it wasn't a complete domination over BG. It was after all BG's first season, and if it's any indication of the future he'll be a very successful big man.

2010-11 NBA Season Averages

Blake Griffin: 22.5 PPG, 50.6 FG%, 29.2 3PT%, 64.2 FT%, 12.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.6 BPG, 2.72 TO
Dirk Nowitzki: 23.0 PPG, 51.7 FG%, 39.3 3PT%, 89.2 FT%, 7.0 RPG, 2.6 APG, 0.5 SPG, 0.5 BPG, 1.88 TO

brisbaneman 11-29-2011 09:58 PM

Re: Enough with the Broussard already
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
Oh, yeah I agree there. Dirk had an amazing season, but it wasn't a complete domination over BG. It was after all BG's first season, and if it's any indication of the future he'll be a very successful big man.

2010-11 NBA Season Averages

Blake Griffin: 22.5 PPG, 50.6 FG%, 29.2 3PT%, 64.2 FT%, 12.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.6 BPG, 2.72 TO
Dirk Nowitzki: 23.0 PPG, 51.7 FG%, 39.3 3PT%, 89.2 FT%, 7.0 RPG, 2.6 APG, 0.5 SPG, 0.5 BPG, 1.88 TO


Yeah Griffin will be good but Dirk was CLEARLY better last season. You could tell the ESPN writer was trying to get into the Griffin camp.

hoopaddict08 11-29-2011 10:21 PM

Re: Enough with the Broussard already
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BGriffin's Dad
NBA Rookie Season Averages

Blake Griffin: 22.5 PPG, 50.6 FG%, 29.2 3PT%, 64.2 FT%, 12.1 RPG, 3.8 APG, 0.8 SPG, 0.6 BPG, 2.72 TO
Dirk Nowitzki: 8.2 PPG, 40.5 FG%, 20.6 3PT%, 77.3 FT%, 3.4 RPG, 1.0 APG, 0.6 SPG, 0.6 BPG, 1.55 TO

Pretty clear whose was superior. Should I bring up the awards like ROTY?


Not really arguing against you. I never watched Dirk as a rookie so I can't enter this debate. But your leaving out a key stat as well.

Blake Griffin: 38 MPG, 82 G, 82 GS
Dirk Nowitzki: 20 MPG, 47 G, 24 GS

kenny817 11-29-2011 10:59 PM

Re: Enough with the Broussard already
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by hoopaddict08
Not really arguing against you. I never watched Dirk as a rookie so I can't enter this debate. But your leaving out a key stat as well.

Blake Griffin: 38 MPG, 82 G, 82 GS
Dirk Nowitzki: 20 MPG, 47 G, 24 GS

I remember Dirk as a rookie. I was like 14 and I always went to Mavs games (still do...about 25 a year).

Anyway...Dirk was absolutely horrible. I mean he couldn't do anything correctly. Just a really tall weird guy lol

Now he's a monster of epic proportions

Go Mavs

Burgz 11-29-2011 11:52 PM

Re: Enough with the Broussard already
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Don't worry man. Raptors will have their day under the sun. Not saying this sarcastically.. I really think Raptors will soon find their star and franchise player. I know how annoying it is.. when your team is rebuilding or stuck like the Raptors this last year with no immediate end in sight.

Raptors NEED to scout heavily for this draft because they will likely get a top 5 pick. This is their shot for a franchise player. I honestly hope you guys get the number 2 pick right after the Clippers. Bobcats and Raptors are hurting badly for that franchise player.


picking Valanciunas seems like a godly decision to me by BC because of the lockout and his upside, however it doesnt excuse him for years of mediocrity and overpaying washed up talent. If we have a top 2 pick, pick the best pg or wing that enters the draft and be done with it, no "symbolic" picks PLEASE!

what Broussard fails to mention is that the Raptors may have the most cap space in 2012 of any team in the NBA, and with the tighter rules around luxury tax, it is actually more than conceivable that players will want to come to toronto to get paid

plus we have some of the best fans in the league and we sell out close to if not every game we play

Our biggest problem is the money tied into Bargnani/Kleiza/Calderon right now

2 of the 3 MUST go, if not all of them. I've never liked teams that rebuild half-assed, if we are going to suck at least suck with purpose:banghead:

Fatal9 11-30-2011 12:14 AM

Re: Enough with the Broussard already
 
lmao, either he is the most well informed reporter ever or he's on a trolling rampage.

bluechox2 11-30-2011 12:27 AM

Re: Enough with the Broussard already
 
like i said earlier, broussard is trolling as if his job depended on it

AMISTILLILL 11-30-2011 12:39 AM

Re: Enough with the Broussard already
 
http://www.blogabull.com/2010/5/12/1...leaves-chicago

raptorfan_dr07 11-30-2011 03:01 AM

Re: Enough with the Broussard already
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgz
Our biggest problem is the money tied into Bargnani/Kleiza/Calderon right now

2 of the 3 MUST go, if not all of them. I've never liked teams that rebuild half-assed, if we are going to suck at least suck with purpose:banghead:


Kleiza would be a nice amnesty candidate and Bargnani I'd like to think has some kind of trade value around the league. I think this is a make or break year for Bargs regarding his future with the team.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy