Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   What does getting your wisdom teeth removed feel like? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24383)

AppleNader 01-02-2007 03:06 PM

What does getting your wisdom teeth removed feel like?

I'm getting all 4 removed next week. Whats the usual recovery time?

XxNeXuSxX 01-02-2007 03:21 PM

good luck, it sucked. It took about 3 weeks for me to feel no pain while eating.

telephone 01-02-2007 03:29 PM

ill just sya you shoudlve gotten these out before college

im getting them out this summer. IT sucks though from what i heard

DueceDime210 01-02-2007 03:35 PM

why do wisdom teeth need to be pulled?

XxNeXuSxX 01-02-2007 03:38 PM

They f*ck up the lining of your teeth and can cause gum disease.

geeWiz15 01-02-2007 03:54 PM

not everyone needs their wisdom teeth pulled. I think mine wont have to be. I didn't need braces or anything. and mine are growing in now and I dont even notice them unless Im running my tongue along my teeth.

and ya know why? my mommy breastfed me as a kid. YA IT MATTERS. just one of the many benefits of it.

GOBB 01-02-2007 04:21 PM

Wisdom teeth are useless.

I had all 4 of mine taken out...just expect a lot of blood and gauze when you recover. Also i dont know what they will give you but i was given pain killers and I have to say that was a high i never felt before. My mom hid them on purpose i think (got mine taken out in high school).

onewickedlady 01-02-2007 04:25 PM

It is very painful, whether you're having them pulled or cut out of your gums. Expect to bleed and make sure that you have some strong pain killers.
Hope that everything goes well for you.

puppychili 01-02-2007 05:01 PM

Be sure you get a good dentist. I've had two wisdom teeth removed. I had one removed by my family dentist when I was 20. It turned out that my tooth had extra roots. The guy was so old he couldn't pull it out. No freaking joke, the dude busted out a hammer and chisel trying to crack my tooth so he could pull it out easier. It was such a freaking nightmare.:hammerhead:

When I had the other one removed a couple years later, I had a new younger dentist working on me. I told him about my extra roots and my last experience. Dude was like "No problem this will be a piece of cake." He popped out the tooth like it was nothing.

The main thing to know is that afterwards you can't drink out of a straw cause it will lossen the blood clots in your gums.

I hope you have a better experience than my first time.

GOBB 01-02-2007 05:10 PM

I didnt experience that much pain. You're knocked out for the entire procedure and have absolutely no clue what happened (atleast i was). When you have pain you take meds and you're good. Just a pain in the ass to replace the bloody gauze and try to eat/drink.

geeWiz15 01-02-2007 05:13 PM

Quote:

Be sure you get a good dentist. I've had two wisdom teeth removed. I had one removed by my family dentist when I was 20. It turned out that my tooth had extra roots. The guy was so old he couldn't pull it out. No freaking joke, the dude busted out a hammer and chisel trying to crack my tooth so he could pull it out easier. It was such a freaking nightmare.
wow I have had situations like that but nothing close to what you got.

yea one time I was getting blood drawn for something... and the douche doctor kept missing my vein. he would stab the needle in, move it around, push it further in, move it around, take it out, then try again. took him like 4 tries. didn't help it was cold in there and the rubber band thing wasn't tight enough. what a dumbass. it hurt. I was like 11. had the same thing done a couple years later and barely even felt it.

geeWiz15 01-02-2007 05:15 PM

Quote:

You're knocked out for the entire procedure and have absolutely no clue what happened (atleast i was).
real men turn down anesthetic/drugs. you're a man... right?

telephone 01-02-2007 05:37 PM

I have had oral surgery before. MY teeth right beside two teeth to the left and right of my top front teeth were still baby teeth. They werent coming out so they had to take them out and scratch off some of the gum to where my adult tooth was. I still had braces on so they had to brace the adult tooth as well. IT was messed up. I am havign a hard time explaining it because it was so bad

Voice of Reason 01-02-2007 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by geeWiz15
real men turn down anesthetic/drugs. you're a man... right?

Real men dont do that. Real men arent stupid. So try again peewee.

i seen hippos 01-02-2007 05:41 PM

I was fine. Only sore at night when i slep on one side cause i didn't realize the stitches had disolved and food was getting stuck in one of the holes.

Other than that, it was fine.