Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Will the Lakers get Dwight or Deron, or Neither? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=248727)

talkingconch 01-20-2012 07:12 PM

Will the Lakers get Dwight or Deron, or Neither?

well with the recent bomb dropped by deron williams, Lakers are one of the teams on his wishlist. I think he leaves the Nets if they fail to acquire Howard.

Do you think the Lakers will acquire one of these players? I don't know if they can get both, but i certainly would rather have Deron Williams than Dwight as we need a PG. But I'm not saying I'd turn down Dwight if we had the chance. Or do we miss out on both?

Thoughts?

NBA2k-Monster23 01-20-2012 08:46 PM

Re: Will the Lakers get Dwight or Deron, or Neither?

Deron is tied to Dwight. If you can get Dwight, then the Lakers maybe be able to get Deron. I say Bynum and Dwight straight up and a couple of picks. Then trade Pau to Houston and get Deron Williams and NJ get K Martin and a couple of pieces and draft picks.

ClutchBucketz 01-21-2012 01:02 AM

The lakers will not get deron regardless.. Why'd this rumour ever pick up steam anyway?

Just my opinion.

DirtySanchez 01-21-2012 02:14 AM

None.....

We aren't getting any of them. What the lakers need to do is get better bench players...Metta n Luke got to go.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 01-21-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
None.....

We aren't getting any of them. What the lakers need to do is get better bench players...Metta n Luke got to go.

even Isiah Thomas wont trade for Artest ...atleat luke expires next yeard

LA_Showtime 01-21-2012 03:04 AM

I don't think we're going to get either, and what's worse is that even if we get lucky and trade for Dwight, that hardly shores up our inept guard play, lack of facilitators, nonexistent bench, etc. This is a very frustrating year to be a Lakers fan, especially since Mitch Kupchak almost put together what now looks like a ****ing genius trade this summer.

DKLaker 01-21-2012 02:47 PM

I'll say this again...Dwight for Bynum, and Pau for the Houston package and this team will roll to a championship....it's as easy as that.

kobesabi 01-24-2012 11:44 PM

Not sure. I'm hoping for both...but who knows what else Jimmy Buss would screw up this time.

We could have gotten CP3, but noobie Jimmy Buss was not good at playing mind game with David Stern by calling off the second negotiation with NO thinking that will accept original offer. He forgot that there are other offers on the table too, not just his. Damn you Jimmy. I blame you for all the loss.