Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Tamba Bay Buccaneers in talks to hire Chip Kelly of the Oregon Ducks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=249025)

BankShot 01-22-2012 10:18 PM

Tamba Bay Buccaneers in talks to hire Chip Kelly of the Oregon Ducks

C'mon Chip say it ain't so :cry:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/74...on-ducks-coach

Quote:

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers and Oregon head coach Chip Kelly are involved in active contract discussions and Tampa Bay has identified Kelly as the main target for its head coaching vacancy, according to a source close to Kelly.

Kelly interviewed with the Buccaneers last week and the two sides are aiming to work out a deal within the next 48 hours, according to the source.

The Bucs will resolve talks with Kelly either way before proceeding further with their search, the source said.

A source told KGW in Portland that Kelly is close to a deal with Tampa Bay.

ballinhun8 01-22-2012 11:48 PM

Re: Tamba Bay Buccaneers in talks to hire Chip Kelly of the Oregon Ducks

I think MV21 just creamed his pants at this news.

The equivalent of DeMarco Murray being drafted by the Cowboys.

MK2V1GP 01-23-2012 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ballinhun8
I think MV21 just creamed his pants at this news.

The equivalent of DeMarco Murray being drafted by the Cowboys.

Exact opposite. I do NOT want Chip to leave Oregon and take the Bucs head coaching gig. NOOOOO!!!!!!

College coaches never make good NFL head coaches. Stay in Eugene! The Bucs already suck. At least with the Bucs sucking, I can fall back on Oregon being a power in college football with Chip at the helm. But if he goes to Tampa and fails, then that leaves BOTH of my teams being sorry. :(

I hope the contract talks break down!!!!

HB40TheNextStar 01-23-2012 12:45 AM

I think he would make an interesting offensive coordinator, not that he would leave for that. Freeman is mobile.

InspiredLebowski 01-23-2012 04:45 AM

So he's apparently backed out and is staying at Oregon (read: Phil Knight gave him a big ass raise). Blessing in disguise for Tampa.

UtahJazzFan88 01-23-2012 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
So he's apparently backed out and is staying at Oregon (read: Phil Knight gave him a big ass raise). Blessing in disguise for Tampa.

Good, I was getting afraid they might go after Chris Petersen, which is maybe the only other job I could see him leaving Boise State for.

InspiredLebowski 01-23-2012 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
Good, I was getting afraid they might go after Chris Petersen, which is maybe the only other job I could see him leaving Boise State for.

I have complete confidence in saying Petersen will be at Boise as long as they'll have him (which is obviously forever). The situation with his disabled daughter and the Petersons' comfort there with her caregivers trumps all. And it's not like he's getting paid chump change.

BankShot 01-23-2012 08:57 AM

Thank GOD :bowdown:

Quote:

Oregon coach Chip Kelly has decided not to take an offer from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers to fill their head-coaching vacancy, Tampa Bay's general manager said.

"His heart is with college football and Oregon and he's no longer being considered,'' Mark Dominik said Monday, according to the Tampa Bay Times.

Kelly and the Bucs had been deep in the process of finishing a deal Sunday night.

Kelly, who interviewed with the Buccaneers last week, had been intrigued by the challenge of coaching at the highest level and not having to deal with parents and the NCAA oversights that are inherent to coaching in college, a source told ESPN's Joe Schad.

While former USC coach Pete Carroll left the Trojans to coach the Seattle Seahawks in January 2010 shortly before an NCAA report for sanctions under Carroll's watch, the source told Schad that Kelly and Oregon were not anticipating heavy sanctions from the NCAA's inquiry into the school's relationship with alleged street agent Willie Lyles.

MK2V1GP 01-23-2012 10:40 AM

Thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope we don't end up with Sherman or Childress. I love Chip, but don't see him as a pro coach. With that said, I would've rather gone with Chip than Sherman or Childress.

I'm sure whatever happens, I'll be pissed. :lol

InspiredLebowski 01-23-2012 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
Thank goodness!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope we don't end up with Sherman or Childress. I love Chip, but don't see him as a pro coach. With that said, I would've rather gone with Chip than Sherman or Childress.

I'm sure whatever happens, I'll be pissed. :lol

Childress indeed sucks, and while he's not much of an exciting choice, a team could do a lot worse than Sherman. I'm convinced the Chilly interviews (Indy interviewed him) are just to make whatever eventual hire look better.