Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250231)

DKLaker 02-01-2012 01:16 PM

Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed
 
http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssp...48484/34651863

The Lakers are trying to get Kenyon Martin and if they can't Rasheed Wallace wants to come to the Lakers.....he contacted the team.

The Lakers interest in Martin seems to be in conjunction with trading Pau........if they get Martin, Pau will be gone quickly.

LA.MJ&KB#1 02-01-2012 01:33 PM

Re: Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed
 
I like Kenyon Martin toughness he would bring to the laker squad plus, if we could trade Pau for a PG or maybe to Houston sound interesting. Things are starting to pick up around here hold on to your hats:D .

DKLaker 02-01-2012 01:39 PM

Re: Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
I like Kenyon Martin toughness he would bring to the laker squad plus, if we could trade Pau for a PG or maybe to Houston sound interesting. Things are starting to pick up around here hold on to your hats:D .


:applause: :cheers: :applause: :rockon:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 02-01-2012 03:01 PM

Re: Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssp...48484/34651863

The Lakers are trying to get Kenyon Martin and if they can't Rasheed Wallace wants to come to the Lakers.....he contacted the team.

The Lakers interest in Martin seems to be in conjunction with trading Pau........if they get Martin, Pau will be gone quickly.


I would love Martin. I hope he signs with us.

I am also hoping the Magic lose today to the Wizards...lol

LA.MJ&KB#1 02-01-2012 03:31 PM

Re: Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
I would love Martin. I hope he signs with us.

I am also hoping the Magic lose today to the Wizards...lol

If we think alike I'm sure this would piss off Dwight and maybe speed up a trade.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 02-01-2012 04:30 PM

Re: Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
If we think alike I'm sure this would piss off Dwight and maybe speed up a trade.


yeah but that bugger Otis wants to keep him 3 more weeks for the All Star weekend and then he might trade him to the lakers.

They can have Bynum/Ebanks/Goudelock.morris 2 1st rounders for D12

I just hope they dont give up both Bynum/Pau for Howard

lakerfreak 02-01-2012 05:15 PM

Re: Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed
 
To what point and purpose do we need, yet, another big man added to this team? The addressed weaknesses were clear and are still a problem. We need a point guard, which has been better lately with Goudelock's success, but still. He is a rookie and can hit "the wall" any time.

Troy Murphy, Bynum, Gasol, and Mcroberts have proven that they are more than qualified to handle the low post.

Edit: Okay so I just read the bottom part of DK's first post. Do we really want to replace Pau with Martin?

DirtySanchez 02-02-2012 03:14 AM

Re: Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
To what point and purpose do we need, yet, another big man added to this team? The addressed weaknesses were clear and are still a problem. We need a point guard, which has been better lately with Goudelock's success, but still. He is a rookie and can hit "the wall" any time.

Troy Murphy, Bynum, Gasol, and Mcroberts have proven that they are more than qualified to handle the low post.

Edit: Okay so I just read the bottom part of DK's first post. Do we really want to replace Pau with Martin?

No...but we really have the best chance of getting a decent pg is trading Pau. So getting Martin is a move to do just that.

lakerfreak 02-02-2012 03:20 AM

Re: Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
No...but we really have the best chance of getting a decent pg is trading Pau. So getting Martin is a move to do just that.


Martin went to China, where he was expected to dominate. Averaged 13 points and 7 rebounds. Do you think he is still worthy of an NBA starting position in this league?

DKLaker 02-02-2012 12:33 PM

Re: Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Martin went to China, where he was expected to dominate. Averaged 13 points and 7 rebounds. Do you think he is still worthy of an NBA starting position in this league?


You are missing the point somehow.

We would be trading Pau for a point guard for sake of argument, lets say we trade Pau for DWill and we Sign KMart for cheap.......you tell me, are we better off doing this or better keeping it the way it is now????

How about this....do the much talked about Houston deal and sign KMart.....so basically we would have both Scola and KMart at the PF position, plus Lowry and/or Kevin Martin.

These are both no brainers.

lakerfreak 02-02-2012 05:45 PM

Re: Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
You are missing the point somehow.

We would be trading Pau for a point guard for sake of argument, lets say we trade Pau for DWill and we Sign KMart for cheap.......you tell me, are we better off doing this or better keeping it the way it is now????

How about this....do the much talked about Houston deal and sign KMart.....so basically we would have both Scola and KMart at the PF position, plus Lowry and/or Kevin Martin.

These are both no brainers.


The houston deal is the best thing because we are getting ALL starters in return for essentially one "has been" all star. The way he plays anyways, I dont know how excited Pau would be on the rockets.

But do I think D-Will + Kenyon in the same lineup > Pau in the lineup? No. There is always the risk of Bynum going down with injury. Pau is still a good insurance in case Bynum goes down.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 02-02-2012 11:03 PM

Re: Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
The houston deal is the best thing because we are getting ALL starters in return for essentially one "has been" all star. The way he plays anyways, I dont know how excited Pau would be on the rockets.

But do I think D-Will + Kenyon in the same lineup > Pau in the lineup? No. There is always the risk of Bynum going down with injury. Pau is still a good insurance in case Bynum goes down.


i think he is assuming that 1st we would trade Bynum+fillers for Howard and then domino effect would be to trade Pau. Either for D Will or K Lowry

bladefd 02-02-2012 11:09 PM

Re: Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
The houston deal is the best thing because we are getting ALL starters in return for essentially one "has been" all star. The way he plays anyways, I dont know how excited Pau would be on the rockets.

But do I think D-Will + Kenyon in the same lineup > Pau in the lineup? No. There is always the risk of Bynum going down with injury. Pau is still a good insurance in case Bynum goes down.


I hope you are not serious??

D-Will has almost as much value as Pau and he would plug in our biggest weaknesses right now. Sure, Pau to Kenyon would be a downgrade but look at the upside that you get with D-Will. Sure Bynum has the injury-risk but he will have that for the rest of his career. You think we should have $15 mill on insurance for him for the rest of his career w/ a PF/C hybrid like Pau?

Robster89 02-03-2012 12:52 AM

Re: Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed
 
KMart will not come to the Lakers. There are other teams with better offers (money and PT).
I wouldnt be opposed to taking a look at Sheed.

DKLaker 02-03-2012 01:00 AM

Re: Lakers trying to get Kenyon Martin/Sheed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
i think he is assuming that 1st we would trade Bynum+fillers for Howard and then domino effect would be to trade Pau. Either for D Will or K Lowry


Yes you are correct :cheers:

And yes DWill + KMart >>>>>>>>>>Pau
Pau isn't much of a backup option at Center now, he has gotten so timid at contact from PF's, he wouldn't last 2 weeks at Center........time to go.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:45 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy