Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak remains positive despite Lakers' road woes (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250691)

lakerfreak 02-04-2012 07:20 PM

Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak remains positive despite Lakers' road woes

Quote:

By Ben Bolch
February 3, 2012, 9:15 p.m.
Reporting from Denver -- The Lakers lost Lamar Odom as well as most of their first nine road games.

They would open the playoffs on the road if the regular season ended Saturday, and roughly one-third of their fans participating in a recent online poll picked them to lose in the first round.

Season over?

The dire feelings apparently have not infiltrated the office of Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak, who stood behind his preseason assertion that his team could contend for the NBA title in a phone interview with the Los Angeles Times.

"I'm not sure there's a lot of teams out there that after 66 games are going to say in a seven-game series, with rest in between each game, that, 'I want to play the Lakers,'" Kupchak said. "So I think we would be a tough out for anybody in a seven-game series with a day or two of rest in between games."

More here:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,4505971.story

Two road wins in a row for this team has been the best success of this team this season. Let's hope this can carry on for the rest of the season as this team looks for a consistent lineup as well as consistent play from all its pieces.

DKLaker 02-04-2012 11:07 PM

Re: Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak remains positive despite Lakers' road woes

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
More here:
http://www.latimes.com/sports/basket...,4505971.story

Two road wins in a row for this team has been the best success of this team this season. Let's hope this can carry on for the rest of the season as this team looks for a consistent lineup as well as consistent play from all its pieces.

Is he on drugs????? This is barely a playoff team......we better get lots of help fast!!!!!!!!

DirtySanchez 02-05-2012 02:59 AM

Wonder what they r saying with tonight's bad loss to the Jazz....:hammerhead:

talkingconch 02-05-2012 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirtySanchez
Wonder what they r saying with tonight's bad loss to the Jazz....:hammerhead:

lakerfreak 02-05-2012 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Is he on drugs????? This is barely a playoff team......we better get lots of help fast!!!!!!!!

Well its still not bad to remain positive. We have a big three, something many teams don't have. So we can win, we just need contributions from the other pieces because these road games are on them. You can always count Kobe, Bynum, and Pau to chip in 65-70 points a game. Like in Utah tonight, they did their jobs...we needed more though. Ramon Sessions!!!

LA.MJ&KB#1 02-05-2012 10:24 AM

Its will turn around come Trade deadline..I just have hope for this team. Even if they don't win this year I'm glad theres many years to come.

DKLaker 02-05-2012 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Well its still not bad to remain positive. We have a big three, something many teams don't have. So we can win, we just need contributions from the other pieces because these road games are on them. You can always count Kobe, Bynum, and Pau to chip in 65-70 points a game. Like in Utah tonight, they did their jobs...we needed more though. Ramon Sessions!!!

???????????????????????????????? WHAT ????????????????????????????????????

There's only 1 of those guys we can count on to do anything

Current averages:

Kobe 29.4.......Leads the NBA
Bynum 17.0
Pau 16.5

Total 62.9

I'd really be interested to see how many times this year those 3 combined for 65 points.

lakerfreak 02-05-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
???????????????????????????????? WHAT ????????????????????????????????????

There's only 1 of those guys we can count on to do anything

Current averages:

Kobe 29.4.......Leads the NBA
Bynum 17.0
Pau 16.5

Total 62.9

I'd really be interested to see how many times this year those 3 combined for 65 points.

Come on DK, you're literally gonna call me out for a difference of 2.1 points per game? I was making a point at saying that those 3 players are the ones we count on the most to keep us in the game.