Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   What really irks me about Fisher (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=250791)

unbreakable 02-05-2012 05:32 PM

What really irks me about Fisher
 
Over the years , it always seems like whenever Kobe gets warmed up and a rhythm going, thats when fisher DOESNT pass to kobe..

all game long he can look at kobe when kobe's cold, but the second kobe is heating up, fish has to take a shot.

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :wtf:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 02-05-2012 05:46 PM

Re: What really irks me about Fisher
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by unbreakable
Over the years , it always seems like whenever Kobe gets warmed up and a rhythm going, thats when fisher DOESNT pass to kobe..

all game long he can look at kobe when kobe's cold, but the second kobe is heating up, fish has to take a shot.

:confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :confusedshrug: :wtf:


the worst is when Bynum/Pau have a deep position in post...he just goes away from them...I wana go and punch him

DKLaker 02-06-2012 01:02 AM

Re: What really irks me about Fisher
 
I blame the coach for playing him.....if he can't see this stuff, can't see this guy is done, can't see we need to develop our young guys who are already better than Fish.....and can't see that Fish should not be playing the final 8 minutes of games.......maybe the final minute only.......then :facepalm

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 02-06-2012 02:08 AM

Re: What really irks me about Fisher
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
I blame the coach for playing him.....if he can't see this stuff, can't see this guy is done, can't see we need to develop our young guys who are already better than Fish.....and can't see that Fish should not be playing the final 8 minutes of games.......maybe the final minute only.......then :facepalm


I agree with you 101% but the coach is new and Fish is the known leader of this team. Benching him you dont know how he would react....so give him 5mins at the start of each half and thats it

even in the 4th qtr when the game is tight...put him on the offensive side and remove him on the D side...

lakersNUMBA1 02-07-2012 05:20 PM

Re: What really irks me about Fisher
 
What really IRKS ME about Fish (coming from being a huge Fisher fan) is that he plays great when everyone else is playing terrible. I sometimes see him wanting to hold onto the ball more, but it seems like he really has to give up the ball to Kobe when he doesn't want too. Either way he still shows up every now and then, but I do believe that his time is up.

lakerfreak 02-07-2012 06:44 PM

Re: What really irks me about Fisher
 
DK, who do you recommend starts as the point guard right now?

DKLaker 02-07-2012 11:10 PM

Re: What really irks me about Fisher
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
DK, who do you recommend starts as the point guard right now?


I'd have to start Mini-Mamba.......no doubt about it.......not that he's great yet but he's the best we have........sad huh.

I wouldn't give Fish more than 5 minutes a game.

MJ(Mean John) 02-08-2012 04:34 AM

Re: What really irks me about Fisher
 
Even mini mamba is better than goldfish

lakerfreak 02-08-2012 07:04 PM

Re: What really irks me about Fisher
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
I'd have to start Mini-Mamba.......no doubt about it.......not that he's great yet but he's the best we have........sad huh.

I wouldn't give Fish more than 5 minutes a game.


Honestly, many 2nd round players have started before. I don't see why it would be such a big sin to bench Fisher. First Phil Jackson liked having Fish in there, and now Mike Brown likes having him in. Is there something that they see that we do not? Sure we watch him on the TV like most do. However, i am referring to Derek's professionalism, which has been undeniably irreplaceable. Is that honestly making a big difference in some of these tough games? Why the hell is he starting? Im not asking this question to downplay Fisher or anything. I think we all agree that we love Fish. I do genuinely want to know, what is he doing, that is still making him a starter over much more energetic guys?

DKLaker 02-10-2012 06:39 PM

Re: What really irks me about Fisher
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Honestly, many 2nd round players have started before. I don't see why it would be such a big sin to bench Fisher. First Phil Jackson liked having Fish in there, and now Mike Brown likes having him in. Is there something that they see that we do not? Sure we watch him on the TV like most do. However, i am referring to Derek's professionalism, which has been undeniably irreplaceable. Is that honestly making a big difference in some of these tough games? Why the hell is he starting? Im not asking this question to downplay Fisher or anything. I think we all agree that we love Fish. I do genuinely want to know, what is he doing, that is still making him a starter over much more energetic guys?


I love DFish as a person, but as a player :rant :rant :rant :no:

The League should've allowed us to amnesty 3 players Fish, Metta and Walton. All = Garbage!!!

lakersNUMBA1 02-11-2012 12:29 AM

Re: What really irks me about Fisher
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Honestly, many 2nd round players have started before. I don't see why it would be such a big sin to bench Fisher. First Phil Jackson liked having Fish in there, and now Mike Brown likes having him in. Is there something that they see that we do not? Sure we watch him on the TV like most do. However, i am referring to Derek's professionalism, which has been undeniably irreplaceable. Is that honestly making a big difference in some of these tough games? Why the hell is he starting? Im not asking this question to downplay Fisher or anything. I think we all agree that we love Fish. I do genuinely want to know, what is he doing, that is still making him a starter over much more energetic guys?


It's obviously for certain reasons.

1) He wants to win as much as Kobe.
2) He's the vocal leader of the team.
3) He wants to keep his record going for games started - yet he wont be able to pass A.C. Green

$LakerGold 02-11-2012 12:36 AM

Re: What really irks me about Fisher
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
I love DFish as a person, but as a player :rant :rant :rant :no:

The League should've allowed us to amnesty 3 players Fish, Metta and Walton. All = Garbage!!!

:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

lakerfreak 02-11-2012 07:56 AM

Re: What really irks me about Fisher
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakersNUMBA1
It's obviously for certain reasons.

1) He wants to win as much as Kobe.
2) He's the vocal leader of the team.
3) He wants to keep his record going for games started - yet he wont be able to pass A.C. Green


Hey, its fine to want to win. Everyone wants to win some games at least so they dont look bad. If Fisher truly wants to win, then he knows that him shooting 7 contested shots against the celtics, all misses by the way, will not help this team win.

Derek does not need to be a starter to be the vocal leader of this team. Most of the "inspirational leading" comes during halftime and timeouts.

If your third reason is true, then thats just stupid for Derek because it would be the most irrelevant and defaulted record ever. We have no other PG, of course he would be starting.

Bosnian Sajo 02-11-2012 11:30 AM

Re: What really irks me about Fisher
 
We should go back and sign Sun Yue :lol


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy