Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Kobe chooses Lebron as the player he would like to team up with.. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251162)

G-Funk 02-08-2012 05:15 PM

Kobe chooses Lebron as the player he would like to team up with..

"Kobe is a guest on 710 ESPN Max and Marcellus show right now. They asked him if he could team up with 1 player in the league for the next 3 years who would it be. He said Lebron. He said Lebron is a facilitator and he is a scorer."

The Real JW 02-08-2012 05:22 PM

Re: Kobe chooses Lebron as the player he would like to team up with..

Imagine if they did end up on the same team. They'd probably push each other to be even better.

It'd be GG for the rest of the league.

arifgokcen 02-08-2012 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Funk
"Kobe is a guest on 710 ESPN Max and Marcellus show right now. They asked him if he could team up with 1 player in the league for the next 3 years who would it be. He said Lebron. He said Lebron is a facilitator and he is a scorer."

I didnt hear the interview itself but in their prime kobe and lebron would have been the best perimeter duo this league has ever seen(even better than pippen and jordan).Unlike wade,lebron's and kobe's game compliment each other.Lebron doesnt have huge ego so in clutch they would compliment each other very well too.Let lebron handle the ball if there is opening let him drive or let him find kobe and let kobe finish the game.Actually defensively i think kobe in his prime was a much better one on one defender than wade.Offensively kobe's %fg would skyrocket with lebron with him and lebron already high %fg would be around %60.

bmulls 02-08-2012 05:24 PM

That seems like a subtle diss to Lebron.

I think if Kobe was honest he would say he doesn't want any stars coming to LA. At this point in his career, all he really has left to do is make moves on the top 10 GOAT list. I think he doesn't want the perception that he was carried to the last couple championships.

G-Funk 02-08-2012 05:25 PM

Bynum for Bron and a 1st pick, get it done mitch

arifgokcen 02-08-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Real JW
Imagine if they did end up on the same team. They'd probably push each other to be even better.

It'd be GG for the rest of the league.

In their prime the best perimeter duo in the history of nba(better than pippen-jordan)

REACTION 02-08-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arifgokcen
I didnt hear the interview itself but in their prime kobe and lebron would have been the best perimeter duo this league has ever seen(even better than pippen and jordan).Unlike wade,lebron's and kobe's game compliment each other.Lebron doesnt have huge ego so in clutch they would compliment each other very well too.Let lebron handle the ball if there is opening let him drive or let him find kobe and let kobe finish the game.Actually defensively i think kobe in his prime was a much better one on one defender than wade.Offensively kobe's %fg would skyrocket with lebron with him and lebron already high %fg would be around %60.

Yeah, and anytime one gets doubled the other would wreck the defense. Both Kobe and LeBron are players that need to be doubled or they rack up points rather easily.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmulls

How so? I don't see that at all.

G-Funk 02-08-2012 05:28 PM

Quote:

I think if Kobe was honest he would say he doesn't want any stars coming to LA. At this point in his career, all he really has left to do is make moves on the top 10 GOAT list. I think he doesn't want the perception that he was carried to the last couple championships.

:facepalm at this point in his career he's averaging 29/6/5 wtf u mean he can't win, he took Gasol's sorry ass to 3 championships. Imagine what he would do with a player of Wade,CP3,Dwight's,Dirk's caliber?

Lebron23 02-08-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

I think Kobe is telling the truth. The guy is not a dickhead compared to his fan boys. ( Alpha Wolf, Frozenone, Pega$hit and the rest of the tards). Kobe has been a huge fan of the game, and he really appreciates LeBron's talent.

bmulls 02-08-2012 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by G-Funk
:facepalm at this point in his career he's averaging 29/6/5 wtf u mean he can't win, he took Gasol's sorry ass to 3 championships. Imagine what he would do with a player of Wade,CP3,Dwight's,Dirk's caliber?

I'm not saying he can't win at all, I'm saying he doesn't want to win as 2nd fiddle to another superstar player.

HurricaneKid 02-08-2012 05:32 PM

Does this mean he isn't competitive and wants to be carried to titles?

(turnabout is far play)

bmulls 02-08-2012 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by REACTION
How so? I don't see that at all.

Calling Lebron a "facilitator" when they are neck and neck in scoring seems like a diss to me. Maybe it's just the connotation of the word, but it seems like he calling Lebron a "helper".

REACTION 02-08-2012 05:35 PM

Quote:

Calling Lebron a "facilitator" when they are neck and neck in scoring seems like a diss to me. Maybe it's just the connotation of the word, but it seems like he calling Lebron a "helper".

He said LeBron's a facilitator and a scorer. I only read complementary things in the quote from Kobe.

Scholar 02-08-2012 05:36 PM

Kobe just admitting the truth. Any player who wouldn't pick LeBron as the guy they'd love to team up with is lying.
I guarantee even the Cavs would give up their entire roster just to get LeBron back. :oldlol:

With that said, I still have little to no respect for LeBron as a person. I just know he's a phenomenal player.

G-Funk 02-08-2012 05:38 PM

Quote:

I'm not saying he can't win at all, I'm saying he doesn't want to win as 2nd fiddle to another superstar player.

Right but at this pace, there is 0 indication that he would be a 2nd fiddle.