Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Anderson Varejao has fracture in right wrist (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=251643)

insidehoops 02-11-2012 06:00 PM

Anderson Varejao has fracture in right wrist

Cavs haven't said how much time he'll miss.

Official info on this from the Cavs is here: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=9242

What do you think of Varejao's game these days, on the Cavs in the post-LeBron years compared to when LeBron was there?

roffie 02-11-2012 06:01 PM

Re: Anderson Varejao has fracture in right wrist

not looking good

AMISTILLILL 02-11-2012 06:04 PM

Bummer. Cavs have had a real shot to slip into an 8th seed for the playoffs this season. It goes without saying that this hurts their chances.

RedBlackAttack 02-11-2012 06:04 PM

Generally around a six-week injury depending upon the healing capacity of the player. Andy has been just great this year. 15/15 nights have almost become expected in the last month or so.

Damn it.

LBJMVP 02-11-2012 06:05 PM

wow... that hurts badly.
he and kyrie had a great connection. plus we could barely guard other teams big men as it was.

the only positive that comes from this is the our record will surely drop off
helping us get a better pick in the draft.

RedBlackAttack 02-11-2012 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBJMVP
wow... that hurts badly.
he and kyrie had a great connection. plus we could barely guard other teams big men as it was.

the only positive that comes from this is the our record will surely drop off
helping us get a better pick in the draft.

That and maybe Tristan getting more minutes than he might otherwise. We'll see how he does with more responsibility. Could be a good thing or a bad thing depending upon how he responds to the challenge.

jaydacris 02-11-2012 06:35 PM

id say not the worst thing in the world for the cavs. get to see more thompson and they will ultimately get a better draft position

but feel bad for andy, guy was having a great season

RedBlackAttack 02-11-2012 06:39 PM

I will say that I was a bit encouraged when Andy went out the way Thompson filled in... Had something like 14 rebounds and four blocks in 28 minutes.

If this results in us getting MKG, I will call it an absolutely terrific thing. That said, I do feel for Andy. He was finally starting to get recognition for being the terrific player that he is and now this...

I still can't help but to think of a lineup of...

Kyrie
Gee
MKG
Thompson
Varejao

...next season. That is one extraordinary young lineup.

frmsea2okc 02-11-2012 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I will say that I was a bit encouraged when Andy went out the way Thompson filled in... Had something like 14 rebounds and four blocks in 28 minutes.

If this results in us getting MKG, I will call it an absolutely terrific thing. That said, I do feel for Andy. He was finally starting to get recognition for being the terrific player that he is and now this...

I still can't help but to think of a lineup of...

Kyrie
Gee
MKG
Thompson
Varejao

...next season. That is one extraordinary young lineup.

This team looks like it's certainly on the up and up in the next few years but I think Anderson getting hurt is GOOD. obviously not for him but a late lottery pick while great in this years draft is not an all star. If Cleveland loses enough, probably will without Andy (kyrie rookie wall?) They could get a legit wing.
Imagine they sign harden/Gordon to a max and draft mkg, Harrison Barnes, Jeremy lamb or Perry Jones. Not to mention two early second round picks this year (basically 25-30 in any other draft)
Best case scenario
Irving/marquis teague
Harden/gee
Mkg/eyenga
Thompson/samuels
Varejao/fab melo

DRose1899 02-11-2012 07:56 PM

Time to taaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnkkkkkkkkkkkkk :banana:

RedBlackAttack 02-11-2012 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frmsea2okc
This team looks like it's certainly on the up and up in the next few years but I think Anderson getting hurt is GOOD. obviously not for him but a late lottery pick while great in this years draft is not an all star. If Cleveland loses enough, probably will without Andy (kyrie rookie wall?) They could get a legit wing.
Imagine they sign harden/Gordon to a max and draft mkg, Harrison Barnes, Jeremy lamb or Perry Jones. Not to mention two early second round picks this year (basically 25-30 in any other draft)
Best case scenario
Irving/marquis teague
Harden/gee
Mkg/eyenga
Thompson/samuels
Varejao/fab melo

^^^That's what I'm saying.

I would never root for an injury and this absolutely sucks for Andy, because he was opening eyes around the country... And, it sucks for Cavs fans in the short-term, because we don't get to see this guy play night-in and night-out for a while.

However, we may look back years from now and see this as something that needed to happen for the franchise to get the guy that they really needed at the wing.

MKG is the guy that I targeted early this season and there was simply no way that we are going to be in the running to get him with Varejao and Kyrie being healthy together for an entire season. Now, I could see it happening.

And, yeah... If we don't get MKG, Barnes/Lamb/Jones wouldn't be a bad consolation prize. The point is, this draft is so loaded, you don't need the top pick to get a franchise altering piece. But, you do sort of need a lottery pick... Preferably top 10.

Also, hopefully we are able to move Sessions for another first-rounder, which could go even further in building this young team.