Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   I'm convinced (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255684)

franchize 03-14-2012 08:00 AM

I'm convinced

We have the dumbest fans and worst media in sports. I thought it was the Eagles who love to boo any and everything. I thought it was Atlanta who never shows up to games despite having a decent team. I thought it was the Redskins whose fans think they've won the Superbowl after every game. I thought it was the Cowboys who's fans haven't woke up since the 90's and still think theyre team is a dynasty. Now, I'm convinced. The Knicks and the Jets have some of the stupidest fans and media base in sports. We are so ridiculously kneejerk. Everytime we start losing, our fans want everyone to go. We'd rather build around fan favorites than elite talent.We keep bad coaches around forever and run stars out of town. On behalf of the few DIE HARD KNICKS FANS who have suffered through this for decades I want to say a resounding OUY KCUF! With a 10 foot pole (it's backwards for a reason).

I've watched ATL overpay Joe Johnson to underschieve. They don't boo him in ATL everytime he gets the ball. They dont call for his head everytime in the media.

If you pick up todays Daily News, the back page article is a giant TRADE MELO with his picture. Is it really that serious? He's been here ONE YEAR. This is Amare's SECOND YEAR. This is Lin's THIRD MONTH. This is Fields SECOND YEAR. This is Tyson Chandler's FOURTH MONTH. Wake the hell up! Got damn!

Sorry dipshits, but your way isn't working!!!! Blowing the team up and hiring the highest profile coach isn't working!!! Trying to resurrect has beens and overpaying guys with big names past their primes isn't working!!! Running stars out of town and building around fan favorites who are just decent isn't working!!! Hiring friends and people from within isn't working!!!

TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT!!!

Albert Einsteins theory of insanity: "Trying something over and over and expecting a different result"

BANDWAGON KNICKS FANS....YOU ARE INSANE!!!!

Rameek 03-14-2012 09:34 AM

Re: I'm convinced

No one is rooting against the team per se. But Knick fans know since Melo coming here the team hasnt been successful. Knick fans love effort, hustle, defense especially if you dont shoot well. We are actually the easiest fans to please if you do those things! If you dont, well of course the fans will boo. Amare didnt come here as a savior he was the consolation prize to a failed summer. In fans eyes the Knicks traded the whole team for Melo to come in as the "SAVIOR". If Melo performs well in total he could have the city in the palm of his hands like Lin does.

Take away the 9-3 record I think with Linsanity and what would the record be?

This report whether its valid or not is the worse publicity that will hurt Melo and put D'Antoni in a more positive light. The Knicks fans will say trade Melo then fire D'Antoni.

franchize 03-14-2012 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
No one is rooting against the team per se. But Knick fans know since Melo coming here the team hasnt been successful. Knick fans love effort, hustle, defense especially if you dont shoot well. We are actually the easiest fans to please if you do those things! If you dont, well of course the fans will boo. Amare didnt come here as a savior he was the consolation prize to a failed summer. In fans eyes the Knicks traded the whole team for Melo to come in as the "SAVIOR". If Melo performs well in total he could have the city in the palm of his hands like Lin does.

Take away the 9-3 record I think with Linsanity and what would the record be?

This report whether its valid or not is the worse publicity that will hurt Melo and put D'Antoni in a more positive light. The Knicks fans will say trade Melo then fire D'Antoni.

This is the bullshit that pisses me off Rameek. "The Knicks havent been successful since Melo got here." We werent successful before that either! We haven't been good since the 90's. Knick fans need to wake up. We're lucky guys still want to play in this POS media. I really don't get why they do anymore. It's not worth it. Cost of living is sky high and the media sucks.

As for the record "without Linsanity"...who cares. Who's to say we couldnt have won those games with Melo in the lineup. C'mon man. I know you know basketball better than that. Put things in perspective. We went 8-3 against mostly sub .500 teams. That's something to hang your hat on now? That's something to trade away your best player over? Because we beat teams like Toronto? C'mon man. This is absolutely ridiculous. Die Hard Knicks fans are always drowned out by Knicks fans that a fickle, ignorant bandwagoners who think dynasties are built overnight. If we trade Melo and move forward with D'Antoni...I won't be watching. I know some of you are like "who cares" or even applauding. It is what it is. I've been watching basketball since the day I was born.

Two things have been consistent. The Knicks have not won a championship.
The Knicks have effectively deported EVERY star they've acquired and gotten worse the year after.

We are NOT easy fans to please. We just shut up when we win and wait until we lose to become irrational assholes

Rameek 03-14-2012 11:01 AM

Franchise the team was 8 - 15 Linsanity hits and the team plays with effort, hustle, defense, good flowing offense. Thats all fans wanted was that consistent effort. Whether it came against bad teams or not what drove the love was the energy!

The Knicks before and after that hasnt beaten anyone! They dont see the same effort and continuity. You cant dismiss that brief line of success because the Knicks hasnt played that succinct since then. It wasnt who was beaten but the effort! You cant dismiss that so easily like you are. This is what the Knicks bought into the effort, hustle, defense etc... winning was the result but the means was even more important.

I am not saying the fans want to keep D'antoni. I said if Melo wants to go then by all means let him get trade'm then fire or let D'antoni walk.

Why are you so hard on the fans for holding Melo accountable for his lack of impact play on any part of the court?

franchize 03-14-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Why are you so hard on the fans for holding Melo accountable for his lack of impact play on any part of the court?

Because ^^^ this is an assinine statement. Saying a guy who's leading the team in scoring and had to play 2 positions for us has a lack of impact is laughable. Saying a guy who was the catalyst in getting Lin playing time is a joke.

Furthermore, since when is the Post a reliable source of info. They are one of the most racist newspapers in the country. Why would a "reliable friend" tell Marc Berman anything, knowing it would blow up in Melo's face.

Quote:

The Knicks before and after that hasnt beaten anyone! They dont see the same effort and continuity. You cant dismiss that brief line of success because the Knicks hasnt played that succinct since then. It wasnt who was beaten but the effort! You cant dismiss that so easily like you are. This is what the Knicks bought into the effort, hustle, defense etc... winning was the result but the means was even more important

So if Melo was still hurt, would we have won the games against the Heat, Bucks, Sixers,etc?

Quote:

Because he's the ONLY person that seems to get ripped everytime we lose nd gets none of the credit anytime we win. When we win we won because of Lin or "Jeffries doing the things that don't show up in the stat sheets." It's ridiculous. Amare Stoudemire has played defense in a grand total of FOUR games, but is his ass on the hot seat? No! He gets paid just as much money as Melo if not more.

I NEVER said Melo shouldn't SHARE responsibility. But to place all the blame on a guy for the franchises woes, when we haven't won a playoff series since I was in JHS and a ring since the early 70's; that's assinine.

All I'm saying is, when you go out your way to blame Melo, do the same to everyone else. Theres enough to go around. Amare doesn't play ANY defense .He's 6'11 and only getting 7 rebounds. Lin is giving up 19 ppg to opposing pgs and avg 5 TO's a game. Shumpert has been good defensively, but offensively is inconsistent. Fields has looked like a backup most of the year and gives up way too many points. Our bench play has been putrid with the exception of Novak and Shumpert. JR is a newcomer and while he's erratic, I won't include him in the conversation yet. We've gotten virtually nothing out of our backup pgs. We have no backup SF. Jeffries..I'm not even going to go there and Harrelson has reverted back to the guy I told you he'd be.

BUT, with all that said, the main problem is and has been for the last 5 years, Michael Andrew D'Antoni! I don't care who is on his team. We aren't contending with him as a head coach.

Sarcastic 03-14-2012 01:14 PM

This is the secret to Linsanity right here.

Average opponent winning percent during 7 game win streak - 38%

Average opponent winning percent during 6 game losing streak - 60%

franchize 03-14-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
This is the secret to Linsanity right here.

Average opponent winning percent during 7 game win streak - 38%

Average opponent winning percent during 6 game losing streak - 60%

That doesn't matter. It's Melo's fault.

Scoooter 03-14-2012 02:19 PM

If Jets fans are bothering you so much you should move over to the blue side. We're all awesome.

franchize 03-14-2012 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoooter
If Jets fans are bothering you so much you should move over to the blue side. We're all awesome.

I'd sooner stop watching football.

percelloveknicks 03-14-2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
I'd sooner stop watching football.

First of all om 45 so when i was a lil lad on my pops knee ive seen a championship, and i classify myself as a diehard fan. But u got to look at the fact yhat people are tired of hell of watchin a losing team, no matter who we get. This team has more talent than the spreewell, houston, camby team and that team went to the finals, The f'n FINALS!!!!!! A game 7 at that. Lebron took a alright team to the finals wit the cavs, just two years ago the cavs were mammals, cuz of one man. We have three so called superstars that are getting 20 mil a year, and cant ball their way out of a paper bag. Im sorry chize but something gotta give. Now i rather get rid of amare but no one wants him, but melo gotta start being a leader. Oh and now i no why people think ur crazy, ur a jet fan. Man that will always be GIANTS STADIUM.

knickscity 03-14-2012 06:15 PM

I was born the year the Knicks won their last championship, so personally I wanna see them win it all badly.

My wife is younger than me, doesn't like basketball except when I play with the fellas in the park.

All of my children, all 5 of them, play basketball, including my daughters.

The Knicks are our team, and while we were all glad to hear D'antoni is gone, we know now, there is absolutely........

No more damn excuses.

hito da god 03-14-2012 06:15 PM

it's not knee jerk to want to trade amar'e. i personally have been calling him a consolation prize since we signed him and haven't been impressed with him at all since we've gotten him. the only thing he showed last year was that he can score... nothing else. he doesn't do anything else on the basketball court at an above-average level. he's not even a top-tier power forward any more but is still getting 20 million a year? combine that with his questionable knees and if i had to choose between one one-dimensional-can-only-score type of player, i'd choose melo over amar'e because melo isn't the one playing on two knee surgeries.

having two players who only score and do absolutely nothing else on the floor is NOT a winning recipe. the knicks will never win big with amar'e as their starting power forward, take that to the bank.

knickballer 03-14-2012 06:35 PM

I was laughing at idiots who thought Melo would come in and be the savior for the club. The typical "OMG, I can finally be a Knicks fan again, IT FEELS SO GOOD!!!"..

The trading for Melo is a typical Knick move.. We've seen it before in Marbury, Francis, McDyess, Curry, Z Randolph, etc... A typical ball scoring malcontent.. It's sad that the only players we have developed these past years Lee and Gallo are becoming really good players although some of you(franchize) will laugh at them since they are white but that's another story.

knickscity 03-14-2012 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickballer
I was laughing at idiots who thought Melo would come in and be the savior for the club. The typical "OMG, I can finally be a Knicks fan again, IT FEELS SO GOOD!!!"..

The trading for Melo is a typical Knick move.. We've seen it before in Marbury, Francis, McDyess, Curry, Z Randolph, etc... A typical ball scoring malcontent.. It's sad that the only players we have developed these past years Lee and Gallo are becoming really good players although some of you(franchize) will laugh at them since they are white but that's another story.

Come on dude, don't throw the race card out there, but if that's your feeling...use the PM sir.

percelloveknicks 03-14-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickballer

Im sure when we got melo you were one of the idiots, but your gonna lie and say you wasnt, but thats ok because i wanted this trade and im glad gallo's soft ass is gone. We were losing with lee and gallo here so come on son, knock off the trolling, and the race shit!!!