Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Baby Rondo shines (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=256850)

kkinchen 03-22-2012 05:04 PM

Baby Rondo shines

Sessions is awesome. He deserves a nickname. Right now I'm calling him baby rondo. Can't believe we got this guy for Luke Walton, essentially.

lakerfreak 03-22-2012 05:14 PM

Re: Baby Rondo shines

Thats not bad actually.

I prefer "the kid"

BØBØ 03-22-2012 05:25 PM

Aren't they the same age pretty much?

DKLaker 03-22-2012 05:41 PM

:coleman: Why would we name a Laker after a Celtic :confusedshrug:
I hate that :no:

kkinchen 03-22-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker

Part of my motivation for the nickname "baby rondo" is to taunt the celtics. We literally acquired ramon sessions in exchange for luke walton. this is bigger than the Gasol heist, and is therefore a great dis to the Celtics organization to call him "baby rondo." we didn't have to give up gasol or bynum for our young explosive stat-compiling point guard. WE GOT HIM FOR........LUKE WALTON.

lakerfreak 03-22-2012 06:47 PM

Quote:

I've actually been thinking about the lakers celtics rivalry. I feel like it only exists when both teams are significantly above .500

I feel that lately I can watch celtics games, and enjoy their style of basketball. Especially how Rondo plays. He's the best half court PG in the game today in my humble opinion. Watch Sessions reminds me a bit of how Rondo plays. They are both true and traditional point guards. Neither of them chuck, they are pass first, second, third, and fourth point guards, and score only when they need to.

I don't see why we can call Sessions baby Rondo, seeing that Sessions is not yet near the caliber of Rondo....keep in mind, I said yet. I feel that as Sessions gets more comfortable in this system, we can truly see another Rondo. Keep in mind that Sessions is playing with guys that are as good as the Celtic's big three a few years ago. These guys will help him get better, and get used to playing a certain way for the duration of his career.

Gosh its so amazing that Sessions is only 25.

Big_Dogg 03-22-2012 09:22 PM

"Razor Ramon", coz he slices through defences

DKLaker 03-22-2012 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
"Razor Ramon", coz he slices through defences

Much Much Better :applause: :cheers: :applause:

The Celtics ruined my childhood in the 60's. You guys have no idea how awful it was to have the same gloating bunch of A-holes beating you every year......like a never ending nightmare.....be very glad you are young. I do not wear green.
I respect their organization but I hate them and always will.
That baby rondo thing is like nails on a chalkboard to me....I literally cringe seeing it. Buck Foston :oldlol:

Big_Dogg 03-22-2012 11:31 PM

Quote:

The Celtics ruined my childhood in the 60's. You guys have no idea how awful it was to have the same gloating bunch of A-holes beating you every year......like a never ending nightmare.....be very glad you are young. I do not wear green.
I respect their organization but I hate them and always will.
That baby rondo thing is like nails on a chalkboard to me....I literally cringe seeing it. Buck Foston :oldlol:

I agree, Buck Foston!

LA.MJ&KB#1 03-23-2012 11:04 AM

Baby Rondo hell to the NO...sorry I just hate the Celtic...But what ever name we come up with I love this Dude game. Dude is so smooth and undercontrol on the court and makes everybody around him better like Pau, Matt and Mcrob. Personally he reminds me of Gray Payton only different is one always running there month and the other is quite, but has the same effect on a team.

With that said why not call him RockSmooth (RS):D

DirtySanchez 03-23-2012 05:18 PM

I'll call him Shakespeare.....

BECAUSE THE KID MAKES PLAYS!!!!!

kobesabi 03-23-2012 10:25 PM

Why on earth would you want to nickname him after a Celtics orc?

I don't like Mini-mamba either for goudelock...every man should have their own nickname.

TryToBeUnbias 03-23-2012 10:33 PM

Actually haven't been able to watch an entire game since we acquired sessions no feel for him at all been catching glimpses of games.

Will watch tonight

Eat Like A Bosh 03-23-2012 10:42 PM

Baby Rondo? Mini-Mamba? How the hell do you guys come up with that sh it? And does he need a nickname? Sessions sounds cool anyways.

Looks like the Lakers championship run is...
*Puts on Sunglasses*:rockon:

In Session.

knightfall88 03-24-2012 04:55 AM

it is insult to compare sessions to Rondo.

You know Rondo has no scoring ability whatsoever?