Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Should we trade Odom? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2571)

Spiderman08 24 06-23-2006 08:40 AM

Should we trade Odom?

I think we should. The guy simply isn't a winner IMO.
I'd love to trade him for a #2 pick and then draft Morrison or or Aldidgre.

The bottom line IMO is that if we want to get to the next level, we need to trade Odom.

First of all, his contract is toxic. He's a great player but he's not worth of his contract.
Honestly, I think we need to get rid of him.

I wouldn't be too dissapointed if we keep him but I don't think we"ll win anything as long as Odom is a Laker..

The way I see it...Odom is the best suited to be a player on a mediocre team..he's not a winner IMO.

Discuss.

Kobe#1fan 06-23-2006 01:10 PM

If he had a heart he would be in the top 5 players in the league. he would put up better numbers than lebron because of his versitility, but he is a 2nd teer player that is intimidated by kobe so yes get rid of him.

lakerfreak 06-23-2006 03:26 PM

he doesnt understand that he needs to stop deffering soo much to Kobe.

He feels like he's doing something wrong when he takes shots. Thats his only prob.

I would like him to stay but if he continues to get "scared" then we should trade him

BOOHYAH310 06-23-2006 04:48 PM

This upcoming season will tell all for Lamar. I feel he still has the tools to be a "great player" he is still relatively young. And after the Phoenix series, I hold him in slightly higher regards than Marion, so I think they should try to play this team next season as is (of course with the addition of a solid ball handler: read Bobby Jackson)

Keep Odom unless its a blockbuster deal that would get them to the next level.

L4k</3F4n-Angels 06-23-2006 04:52 PM

Odom is great and he was great in the Suns series, unless we get a K.G. or a Carmelo, dont trade this guy

Patches O'Houlihan 06-23-2006 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
he doesnt understand that he needs to stop deffering soo much to Kobe.

He feels like he's doing something wrong when he takes shots. Thats his only prob.

I would like him to stay but if he continues to get "scared" then we should trade him

Very well said. That's exactly how I feel. Sometimes it's like he'll look at Kobe and ask for permission before he takes a shot. He has the skills to completely take over games. With his passing, rebounding, scoring. He just needs to get his mind right.

hotsizzle 06-23-2006 05:51 PM

Quote:

This upcoming season will tell all for Lamar. I feel he still has the tools to be a "great player" he is still relatively young. And after the Phoenix series, I hold him in slightly higher regards than Marion, so I think they should try to play this team next season as is (of course with the addition of a solid ball handler: read Bobby Jackson)

Keep Odom unless its a blockbuster deal that would get them to the next level.

agreed

TylerTJ10 06-23-2006 11:45 PM

no we shouldnt because he can give us 20 ppg 10 rpg and around 5-7 apg
any way we should draft James White and Taj Gray or Dee Brown to help

dmenzion 06-24-2006 12:06 AM

keep odom hes good he works with kobe well if kobe shares the ball.
kwame brown proved hes rising so chris mihm is done in LA
smush is a lil freakin terror hes crazzy good so keep him the hole it 4/5 which ever kwame plays the whole is in the opposite place. I say try to get Ben Wallace. that would b one crazy ass line up.

Wallace
Brown
Odom
Kobe
Smush

lakerfreak 06-24-2006 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmenzion

Wallace
Brown
Odom
Kobe
Smush

people pllleeeeeease try not to forget kwame is a better CENTER!!!!

Put Ben at the Power Forward and I like it. We need a shot blocker that doesnt get into foul trouble.

I really Liked Mihm's prescence on D. He got in too much foul trouble though. But he's still a very valuable trade piece.

millencolin735 06-24-2006 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
people pllleeeeeease try not to forget kwame is a better CENTER!!!!

Put Ben at the Power Forward and I like it. We need a shot blocker that doesnt get into foul trouble.

I really Liked Mihm's prescence on D. He got in too much foul trouble though. But he's still a very valuable trade piece.

I tried no to say anything but the more and more I read your post the more I feel as though you werent watching too many Laker games this season. Now it's kinda hard to type emotion and I just want you to know off the bat that I'm not trying to piss anyone off or stir up a stupid argument I just wanna strongly disagree with your POV's.

First off I dont think there is a chance in hell we get Big Ben cause I dont think he's leaving D-town, and even if he does we can't afford him. Secondly after the all-star break Lamar was a monster and probably the biggest reason we made the playoffs from that point on. Third before Mihm got injured he was having hands down his best season ever in large part to the fact that he was staying outta foul trouble.

I say the Lakers keep this team together cause we could only get better at this point, and just draft either a point or good athletic perimeter defender, and maybe sign a shooter or shotblocker.

mike jones 06-25-2006 12:56 PM

seems we here this every draft lets trade proven players for unproven ones, makes no sense there isnt one player in the top 10 that has lamars game i saw one trade lamar,kwame and #26 to bull for the #2 and duhon. hey leave your car keys on the hood tonight with your sisters phone number we are 3 years out from going to the finals this team has new roster and they went to the playoffs and will even better this year lakers have 3 centers make a dicision on two,trade the 3rd for a quality player-done

L4k</3F4n-Angels 06-25-2006 04:56 PM

More then likely Mihm will get traded, he will be part of a trade soon along with other players unless its a 3 way trade.

AKA AAP 06-25-2006 06:29 PM

I say trade Odom for Odom's sake...he's in his prime, and he'll never flourish in a Laker uniform. He needs a great teammate...I think he can find that in 29 other teams. Free Lamar Odom please.

SoCalMike 06-25-2006 09:42 PM

Odom must stay

Ok,

I am tired of people wanting Odom to go. That is completely rediculous. The guy does contribute and is a selfless player. He is a positive talent on the team. If you get rid of him, you are not going to fix the Lakers problems.

The real issue is that the Lakers have no depth. Just Kobe and Lamar are simply not enough in the league. The best teams have several good players and have strong benches.

If you get rid of Odom to add a different "star," you still have the same problem. We need DEPTH. We have too many second and third stringers who are playing a lot of minutes, and that is the problem the Lakers have.

They need to make a bold move that INCLUDES both Kobe and Lamar in the Lakers plans, which means adding one more star or high quality player to the mix and getting deeper on the bench!

- Mike in SoCal