Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   New Era/Nike NFL gear hits shelves (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258061)

mlh1981 04-01-2012 09:21 PM

New Era/Nike NFL gear hits shelves
 
A bit of a "change of pace" topic.....

What, if anything, do you guys think of the new gear released by Nike and new era?

http://www.nflshop.com/home/index.jsp

niko 04-02-2012 09:08 AM

Re: New Era/Nike NFL gear hits shelves
 
The t-shirts are ugly, shiny and cost $33. My wife wanted a manning shirt and they are all sold out and this is the fugly alternative. "You too can look like a homo with a shiny form fitting nike shirt."

Have i said i think they are horrible yet?

niko 04-02-2012 10:29 AM

Re: New Era/Nike NFL gear hits shelves
 
Jerseys are tomorrow btw. I expect those to be nice because if you use the same thought process (IMO) they used for the shirts, the jerseys will look nice.

MK2V1GP 04-02-2012 01:42 PM

Re: New Era/Nike NFL gear hits shelves
 
Everything's so freakin expensive. Ridiculous. It was already expensive enough. Geeze

mlh1981 04-02-2012 03:25 PM

Re: New Era/Nike NFL gear hits shelves
 
Assuming the gear is anything like reebok, it will go on sale after the season. That's when I'll stock up. Not a huge fan of snapback hats at all, either.

MK2V1GP 04-02-2012 04:00 PM

Re: New Era/Nike NFL gear hits shelves
 
I think it's dumb that snapback hats are what is now considered hip and cool. It looks so much dumber than fitted hats.

mlh1981 04-02-2012 04:53 PM

Re: New Era/Nike NFL gear hits shelves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
I think it's dumb that snapback hats are what is now considered hip and cool. It looks so much dumber than fitted hats.


I read somewhere that they are specifically trying to target the 16-24 demo, which I'm well north of.

When I was a kid, snapback hats were always the "poor" people hats, and they were poor quality. Now, they are considered "in" lol

niko 04-03-2012 06:47 AM

Re: New Era/Nike NFL gear hits shelves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by mlh1981
Assuming the gear is anything like reebok, it will go on sale after the season. That's when I'll stock up. Not a huge fan of snapback hats at all, either.

it's going on sale right away.

ROCSteady 04-03-2012 05:10 PM

Re: New Era/Nike NFL gear hits shelves
 
The draft day hats are hideous and look like the cheesy fitteds that were worn in the early 2000's.

MK2V1GP 04-15-2012 12:35 PM

Re: New Era/Nike NFL gear hits shelves
 
http://www.nflshop.com/product/index...arentPage=shop

JUST like I said. $100 for a freaking replica jersey. What a ****ing joke?!

I remember when replicas used to be $40. This is outrageous.

$100 for screenprinted jerseys in which the numbers will fade after you wash it 3 times.

Big League 04-15-2012 02:24 PM

Re: New Era/Nike NFL gear hits shelves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
http://www.nflshop.com/product/index...arentPage=shop

JUST like I said. $100 for a freaking replica jersey. What a ****ing joke?!

I remember when replicas used to be $40. This is outrageous.

$100 for screenprinted jerseys in which the numbers will fade after you wash it 3 times.

I am 34 and think I am done with jerseys. Bought my (probably) final one a couple years back and the guy left as a FA with another team before the 2011 season. So jersey buying/wearing sucks for several reasons.

knickballer 04-15-2012 02:24 PM

Re: New Era/Nike NFL gear hits shelves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
http://www.nflshop.com/product/index...arentPage=shop

JUST like I said. $100 for a freaking replica jersey. What a ****ing joke?!

I remember when replicas used to be $40. This is outrageous.

$100 for screenprinted jerseys in which the numbers will fade after you wash it 3 times.


No offense but only idiots buy from the "official" NFL shop. That's a good way for you to get ripped off.

I'd recommend going on Ebay(yes ebay) If you look in the right places you'll find a good jersey at a really good price

MK2V1GP 04-15-2012 02:33 PM

Re: New Era/Nike NFL gear hits shelves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by knickballer
No offense but only idiots buy from the "official" NFL shop. That's a good way for you to get ripped off.

I'd recommend going on Ebay(yes ebay) If you look in the right places you'll find a good jersey at a really good price


That's what I do. I rarely buy anything from the official NFL shop unless it's on clearance. But it's still outrageous. 100 bucks for a cheap screen-printed jersey? What a rip off.

ROCSteady 04-15-2012 02:35 PM

Re: New Era/Nike NFL gear hits shelves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
http://www.nflshop.com/product/index...arentPage=shop

JUST like I said. $100 for a freaking replica jersey. What a ****ing joke?!

I remember when replicas used to be $40. This is outrageous.

$100 for screenprinted jerseys in which the numbers will fade after you wash it 3 times.


Just don't be sloppy jaloppi when you wear it. I never wash my jerseys

MK2V1GP 04-16-2012 11:46 AM

Re: New Era/Nike NFL gear hits shelves
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Just don't be sloppy jaloppi when you wear it. I never wash my jerseys


I'm not. I'm actually very careful when I wear jerseys not to get anything on it. But never washing them? Idk about that. Do they not start to smell any after wearing them for like the 18th time without being washed? :lol


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy