Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bynum-A real piece of work (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=258227)

mr sax 04-03-2012 01:45 PM

Bynum-A real piece of work
 
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...1ouDphys28vLYF

lakerfreak 04-03-2012 02:40 PM

Re: Bynum-A real piece of work
 
I cant say its false. His immaturity irritated me the past few days. His immaturity is the reason he hadn't been playing that well. As a result of not being into the game, when he jumped for that ball, he went down and got hurt. He got what he deserved in my opinion. Downplaying the importance of games, the importance of his role. Funny thing was, before the injury he took another stupid shot that went nowhere near the rim. Brown didn't bench him this time.

This guy was my favorite laker. The incidents the past few days made me lose some respect of him.

BØBØ 04-03-2012 03:30 PM

Re: Bynum-A real piece of work
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I cant say its false. His immaturity irritated me the past few days. His immaturity is the reason he hadn't been playing that well. As a result of not being into the game, when he jumped for that ball, he went down and got hurt. He got what he deserved in my opinion. Downplaying the importance of games, the importance of his role. Funny thing was, before the injury he took another stupid shot that went nowhere near the rim. Brown didn't bench him this time.

This guy was my favorite laker. The incidents the past few days made me lose some respect of him.

Hold on to your socks. This has nothing to do with the coaching staff and everything to do with Bynum's elevated view of himself in the Laker's hierarchy. His people think the Kobe days are over and want Bynum highlighted as the face of the franchise and go to guy. Bynum will be demanding a trade if the front office doesn't start treating him the way he feels he should be treated.

This goes to Jimmy Buss interview where he heaped all the praise on Kobe and his being a Laker for life and how the front office will make sure of that. When asked about roster changes he said even Bynum isn't untouchable and that has Bynum and his people up in arms.

mr sax 04-03-2012 03:49 PM

Re: Bynum-A real piece of work
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BØBØ
Hold on to your socks. This has nothing to do with the coaching staff and everything to do with Bynum's elevated view of himself in the Laker's hierarchy. His people think the Kobe days are over and want Bynum highlighted as the face of the franchise and go to guy. Bynum will be demanding a trade if the front office doesn't start treating him the way he feels he should be treated.

This goes to Jimmy Buss interview where he heaped all the praise on Kobe and his being a Laker for life and how the front office will make sure of that. When asked about roster changes he said even Bynum isn't untouchable and that has Bynum and his people up in arms.


I completely agree with you that this has nothing to do with the coaching staff. When Mike Brown benched Bynum for shooting a 3 pointer Bynum's response was that he would continue to shoot 3's. How does a coach deal with that? I can see this situation getting way out of control if not handled soon. Bynum is coming off to me as a classic malcontent.

kobesabi 04-03-2012 04:12 PM

Re: Bynum-A real piece of work
 
He's a immature titan doll made of ceramics that always seem to be there just to do work...not really playing basketball.

DKLaker 04-03-2012 05:22 PM

Re: Bynum-A real piece of work
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BØBØ
Hold on to your socks. This has nothing to do with the coaching staff and everything to do with Bynum's elevated view of himself in the Laker's hierarchy. His people think the Kobe days are over and want Bynum highlighted as the face of the franchise and go to guy. Bynum will be demanding a trade if the front office doesn't start treating him the way he feels he should be treated.

This goes to Jimmy Buss interview where he heaped all the praise on Kobe and his being a Laker for life and how the front office will make sure of that. When asked about roster changes he said even Bynum isn't untouchable and that has Bynum and his people up in arms.


Right and wrong here.......Is Bynum a bit full of himself......YES!!!!!!
Once the Lakers signed their option on his contract he felt entitled to do and say as he pleased.
The coaching staff has a TON to do with the problem as well.
Kobe takes a ton of bad shots daily, Pau takes dumb shots, falls asleep on defense or puts himself in bad defensive position, Metta is Metta...nuff said,
Bynum takes 1 questionable shot.....one he had made the game before and gets benched.....stupid jack @ssed coaching move by Brown that made things worse not better, just as I said it would.
Brown = Mutiny like Kuester = Mutiny......a pair of idiots!!!!!
The Cavs fired Brown in an effort to keep Lebron......look at that and look at the situation and it's obvious we made a stupid hire.
No doubt the players want Brown to go away......can't deny it.

lakerfreak 04-03-2012 07:38 PM

Re: Bynum-A real piece of work
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BØBØ
Hold on to your socks. This has nothing to do with the coaching staff and everything to do with Bynum's elevated view of himself in the Laker's hierarchy. His people think the Kobe days are over and want Bynum highlighted as the face of the franchise and go to guy. Bynum will be demanding a trade if the front office doesn't start treating him the way he feels he should be treated.

This goes to Jimmy Buss interview where he heaped all the praise on Kobe and his being a Laker for life and how the front office will make sure of that. When asked about roster changes he said even Bynum isn't untouchable and that has Bynum and his people up in arms.


In the past if you look at my posts, I was, and still am a huge Bynum supporter, when he remains a professional. For crying out loud I didn't even want him gone for Dwight, even if it was straight up. So don't think I am anti Bynum.

It is important to realize that as long as Kobe is healthy, and athletic, he will continue to be the face of this franchise. But Bynum should be patient, because after this season, or the next, this could be his team. If he is going to be the leader of this team, he has to do so both, vocally and by example. Meaning if he is benched by coach, dont respond. If you don't respond, and you say the right things to the media, you will win the argument, and management will therefore instruct coach on how to deal with Bynum their way, not coach's way.

Bynum is still immature, there is no doubt about that. He's a kid thats making millions of dollars. Would you also want a kid to be the so called leader? or would you rather him wait a couple of years?

lakerfreak 04-03-2012 07:43 PM

Re: Bynum-A real piece of work
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Right and wrong here.......Is Bynum a bit full of himself......YES!!!!!!
Once the Lakers signed their option on his contract he felt entitled to do and say as he pleased.
The coaching staff has a TON to do with the problem as well.
Kobe takes a ton of bad shots daily, Pau takes dumb shots, falls asleep on defense or puts himself in bad defensive position, Metta is Metta...nuff said,
Bynum takes 1 questionable shot.....one he had made the game before and gets benched.....stupid jack @ssed coaching move by Brown that made things worse not better, just as I said it would.
Brown = Mutiny like Kuester = Mutiny......a pair of idiots!!!!!
The Cavs fired Brown in an effort to keep Lebron......look at that and look at the situation and it's obvious we made a stupid hire.
No doubt the players want Brown to go away......can't deny it.


Lets not turn this into a Mike Brown thing. This has happened in every other thread so far. I feel that Bynum's immaturity is not a result of Brown, but something that had not been seen earlier because he was not as good as he currently is.

You see, when Phil Jackson was still coaching, Bynum was at best, the third best player. So it was very easy for Phil to bench Bynum when he was acting stupidly. The question is, and this is the only question, how would have Bynum responded to Phil Jackson today if he had taken that three? Because you cannot deny, that Phil has benched Bynum before for shooting a three once. Its inevitable. It would have happened again. Would Bynum have responded like a goofball to phil?

Players and coaches disagree, it happens. However, its the players' jobs to play, its coach's job to design the offense. The reason this offense isn't as good, is because players are purposely not wanting it to work.

I really encourage people here to listen to Mason and Ireland, as well as Max and Marcellus. They sure put things into perspective.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy