Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   If Andre Drummond slips to 9 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=268925)

WBynumToTheHole 06-26-2012 09:26 AM

If Andre Drummond slips to 9

Could be a gem... so far I read that he's raw and he hasn't gotten good feedback from workouts, but wiith his body type and athletic ability he has the chance to be a force on the inside. Heard that right now he lacks inside moves offensively tho.

Thinking about this I'm happy with either Drummond or Henson. I feel that whatever happens Joe D will make the best choice and it will turn out well.

Henson seems like a diamond himself. I guess my gut tells me Drummond might be more of a force in a few years like McGee was after being drafted, but Henson is someone who could help this team quicker and might end up being the better guy to pair with Monroe.

We'll see. I'm excited for Thursday.

Aussie Dunker 06-26-2012 06:22 PM

Re: If Andre Drummond slips to 9

If we take Drummond he better be nothing like McGee!!! He will most likely be something more like a Deandre Jordan in his first year or two, but hopefully will grow into an absolute beast by the time he is 22/23...

I'm also extremely happy with henson next to Monroe, they are both good chemistry / team players, that will be a great blend of O and D..

Nastradamus 06-27-2012 05:44 PM

Would love Drummond. Could be anything from a Mcgee/Jordan to an Andrew Bynum or Dwight Howard type. Some scouts have said even in his underwhelming freshman season, he was the 2nd best defensive big in college basketball last year.

dd24 06-28-2012 08:40 PM

I'm pretty suprised he dropped to #9. Let's hope he doesn't turn out to be Kwame and he's more like Bynum & Howard! There's a lot of upside with this guy. With some of the suprises of this draft some very good players have dropped out of the top 10 thus far. It'll be interesting to see what happens. We finally have our big guy!!!!

WBynumToTheHole 06-28-2012 08:57 PM

i don't know to be honest i immediately got a "no" gut feeling when they said he's going to get better and better.

WBynumToTheHole 06-28-2012 08:57 PM

im hoping im wrong. kinda wanted henson for some reason.

WBynumToTheHole 06-28-2012 09:02 PM

this mix http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXB6v...feature=relmfu kinda rebuilds my hopes tho lol

WBynumToTheHole 06-28-2012 09:45 PM

either way im on the bandwagon. initial leeriness is moved aside with the potential of this kid.

dd24 06-28-2012 09:50 PM

Either way I'm glad Joe D rolled the dice on this one. This kid has a high ceiling, and we really need another big impact player. I actually don't expect a ton from him next year. In two years though, I expect him to be productive. If he doesn't make a huge stride between his first and second season I'll be scared. For summer league and the upcoming season I just want to see him improved from college.

Nastradamus 06-29-2012 12:25 AM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

That is all.

Aussie Dunker 06-29-2012 06:02 AM

DD24 - I know you love big PF's, the selection of Drummond will now move Monroe back to his natural PF position, which I think is the biggest plus side to this move :cheers:

A lot of people are saying he will take a long time to develop, but I believe his size and athleticism will make an instant impact atleast on defense. I am a big believer in starting him straight away, get some experience into him, build chemistry with him and Monroe from the very start...

Drummond
Monroe
Prince
Stuckey
Knight

Good work Dumars, great foundation for our future...

dd24 06-29-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
DD24 - I know you love big PF's, the selection of Drummond will now move Monroe back to his natural PF position, which I think is the biggest plus side to this move :cheers:

A lot of people are saying he will take a long time to develop, but I believe his size and athleticism will make an instant impact atleast on defense. I am a big believer in starting him straight away, get some experience into him, build chemistry with him and Monroe from the very start...

Drummond
Monroe
Prince
Stuckey
Knight

Good work Dumars, great foundation for our future...

Absolutely, I love the size of our front line now. I think with that type of size down low it's going to be hard for teams to match up, plus it'll make it hard for them to get in the paint.

I highly doubt Drummond starts at the beginning of the season. I do want to see him get his fair share of PT, and I'm sure he will. If we're lucky his game will have grown enough by the end of the season to see him in a starting role. It is going to take time for this kid to develop. He's only 18. Remember, it took Bynum years before he was effective and he was working with one of the best C's to ever play the game (Kareem). As fans our expectations need to be fair with him. He was the first one to admit his offensive moves in the low post need a lot of work. He said he doesn't have a go to move yet, and he even mentioned that he was uncomfortable at the start of his college season because it took time for him to adjust playing against bigger, faster players. He's definitely a project C. That's why I mentioned I just want to see him grow this year from where he was at in college. As long as we see progress there won't be anything to be afraid of. Typically players make their biggest stride the season after their rookie season. So I would hope that we see a few go to moves that season and a big increase in his game, then the season after hopefully he will be a beast.