Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Do we have a legit shot at pursuing OJ MAYO? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269332)

Tenchi Ryu 06-29-2012 01:34 PM

Do we have a legit shot at pursuing OJ MAYO?

Seems that CJ, Korver, Brewer and Lucas could be getting the axe this year. And with us clearly planning on growing Teague and Butler at the PG and SF/SG spot, I was wondering if we had a legit shot at Mayo. Getting rid of Watson, Korver and Brewer alone frees 15 million.

nightprowler10 06-29-2012 01:43 PM

Re: Do we have a legit shot at pursuing OJ MAYO?

I didn't realize we were getting rid of JLIII. But yeah OJ would be good for us but I wouldn't wanna spend too much money on him, in which case he'll probably get a better deal elsewhere.

eeeeeebro 06-29-2012 04:38 PM

nope we have no shot at oj mayo but Brandon roy possibly... I AM ALL THE WAY DOWN FOR US GETTING BRANDON ROY he took over the dallas game in 2011 and he was INJURED SO IMAGINE IF HE IS NOT HURT HE COULD MAKE THAT SCORING IMPACT REGUARDLESS THE BULLS NEED TO MUST DO MUST GET MUST GET BRANDON DUR DUR DUR

eeeeeebro 06-29-2012 04:40 PM

as much as i think butler is an NBA player he does nothing great. for us to win a championship he has to be elite at something. he does not have super long arms. he is kind of skinny so he does not have strength to fend off a powerful lebron james. Hes not super tall for an SF he does not have a Great jump shot.. I Realy dont see the guy going anywhere. I hope im wrong but i am not wrong.

Abe Frohman 06-29-2012 08:10 PM

Houston is going to pursue Asik huge, I say they give us the rights to Jeremy Lamb and they can have Asik. At one point you have to sacrifice some defense to achieve more offense.

Abe Frohman 06-29-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
nope we have no shot at oj mayo but Brandon roy possibly... I AM ALL THE WAY DOWN FOR US GETTING BRANDON ROY he took over the dallas game in 2011 and he was INJURED SO IMAGINE IF HE IS NOT HURT HE COULD MAKE THAT SCORING IMPACT REGUARDLESS THE BULLS NEED TO MUST DO MUST GET MUST GET BRANDON DUR DUR DUR

And we have proof that Roy can still actually even play or last an entire season even tho he would have to play limited minutes? You talk like his knees aren't that big of a deal, Roy is too much of a gamble. Pass.

ljsbb27 06-30-2012 05:10 PM

I'm getting conflicting reports on how much cap space we'd have if we let Watson, Korver and Brewer walk so I'm not sure, but if we could I would definitely want the Bulls to go after Mayo.

Another option I've mentioned before is Lou Williams. I think he would fit really well here and I also think he wouldn't cost as much as Mayo.

ljsbb27 06-30-2012 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abe Frohman
Houston is going to pursue Asik huge, I say they give us the rights to Jeremy Lamb and they can have Asik. At one point you have to sacrifice some defense to achieve more offense.

They won't give up Jeremy Lamb, but they have made Kevin Martin available and I still really want us to get Kevin Martin.

He's a scorer. He's a good off the ball player and he can simply put the ball into the basket which would come really handy while Rose is out. Defensively our team defense can mask his deficiencies and on offense I feel he would be pretty close to a perfect fit. Great shooter and can move without the basketball.

I say we offer Asik, Korver and Brewer for

Kevin Martin, Samuel Dalembert and a 1st round pick.

eeeeeebro 07-01-2012 03:22 AM

Roy would not come back to basketball if he did not feel he could complete a full year. As for do you think he can compete? Brandon Roy did better than lebron while he was injured in the 2011 play-offs.

Abe Frohman 07-01-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eeeeeebro
Roy would not come back to basketball if he did not feel he could complete a full year. As for do you think he can compete? Brandon Roy did better than lebron while he was injured in the 2011 play-offs.

Seriously, what planet are you on. First Roys love for the game clouds his judgement as far as his knees go. He won't last a season, nor half a season much less be able to make it thru playoffs IMO. Sure he had the same plasma therapy Kobe had done but Kobes knees are nowhere near as bad as Roys. Third, there are other viable options out there that should be evaluated before risking it all on a guy with no knees.

Dude, anytime a player who was at one time a marquee player or has a big name despite his injury history, age or the fact he can't play anymore comes available you're ALWAYS the first guy to jump on the bandwagon to sign them. Get over it.

dee-rose 07-04-2012 11:37 AM

Yeah we do. We could S&T Korver and CJ for him, and pay him about 7 million a year. I'd try to get him for MLE first. His value has severely dropped (unfairly imo) and the Bulls need to pounce at this opportunity imo.