Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Draft Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Hyping someone just for their defense is absurdly stupid (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269370)

Derivative 06-29-2012 06:33 PM

Hyping someone just for their defense is absurdly stupid
 
What's up with everyone being hyped up about Anthony Davis using his good defense as a main argument? Remember Bismack Biyombo? Remember Hasheem Thabeet? They were the best college defensive players in their class and hailed as the next big thing, and look how they did in the NBA?

You don't hype a player just because they dominated defense in college. You pick players for their potential on the offensive side. And Anthony Davis has not shown he has skilled offensive game, no good jumpshot, no post move, small hands and skinny body.

Watch him become the next Haseem Thabeet.

AMISTILLILL 06-29-2012 06:34 PM

Re: Hyping someone just for their defense is absurdly stupid
 
You don't make friends with salad.

Pushxx 06-29-2012 06:35 PM

Re: Hyping someone just for their defense is absurdly stupid
 
Have you watched him play?

Derivative 06-29-2012 06:39 PM

Re: Hyping someone just for their defense is absurdly stupid
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushxx
Have you watched him play?



yes, he blocks shots, he defends the paint, he dunks off alleyoop passes. so amazing.

GaryRaymond23 06-29-2012 06:39 PM

Re: Hyping someone just for their defense is absurdly stupid
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derivative
What's up with everyone being hyped up about Anthony Davis using his good defense as a main argument? Remember Bismack Biyombo? Remember Hasheem Thabeet? They were the best college defensive players in their class and hailed as the next big thing, and look how they did in the NBA?

You don't hype a player just because they dominated defense in college. You pick players for their potential on the offensive side. And Anthony Davis has not shown he has skilled offensive game, no good jumpshot, no post move, small hands and skinny body.

Watch him become the next Haseem Thabeet.


:biggums:

Foster5k 06-29-2012 06:42 PM

Re: Hyping someone just for their defense is absurdly stupid
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derivative
Watch him become the next Haseem Thabeet.

:oldlol:

AMISTILLILL 06-29-2012 06:43 PM

Re: Hyping someone just for their defense is absurdly stupid
 
OP just makes shit up. Biyombo didn't even go to college.

ProfessorMurder 06-29-2012 06:43 PM

Re: Hyping someone just for their defense is absurdly stupid
 
Bismack didn't even play in the NCAA.

All Thabeet did was block shots. DeJuan Blair shit on him.

Terrible comparisons.

dbk123 06-29-2012 06:44 PM

Re: Hyping someone just for their defense is absurdly stupid
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derivative
yes, he blocks shots, he defends the paint, he dunks off alleyoop passes. so amazing.



you obviously did not watch him play before if you believe he has zero potential on offense. he was a guard until his senior year of high school and has good form on his jumper. he would have averaged more points if he didnt play for a school that was as stacked as his

Ai2death 06-29-2012 06:45 PM

Re: Hyping someone just for their defense is absurdly stupid
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derivative
yes, he blocks shots, he defends the paint, he dunks off alleyoop passes. so amazing.


So his like Blake Griffen + defence?

Derivative 06-29-2012 06:45 PM

Re: Hyping someone just for their defense is absurdly stupid
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ProfessorMurder
Bismack didn't even play in the NCAA.

All Thabeet did was block shots. DeJuan Blair shit on him.

Terrible comparisons.


anthony davis blocks and dunks, thabeet blocks and dunks

Derivative 06-29-2012 06:46 PM

Re: Hyping someone just for their defense is absurdly stupid
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ai2death
So his like Blake Griffen + defence?


blake griffin has insanely good offensive game and skills, anthony davis doesn't

AMISTILLILL 06-29-2012 06:47 PM

Re: Hyping someone just for their defense is absurdly stupid
 
Still waiting for OP to acknowledge that he claimed Biyombo was heralded as one of the great defensive players in college.

ZenMaster 06-29-2012 06:47 PM

Re: Hyping someone just for their defense is absurdly stupid
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derivative
anthony davis blocks and dunks, thabeet blocks and dunks


Black and white thinking is very black and white...

ProfessorMurder 06-29-2012 06:47 PM

Re: Hyping someone just for their defense is absurdly stupid
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Derivative
anthony davis blocks and dunks, thabeet blocks and dunks


Anthony Davis has great hands, very good ball handling skills, good passing skills, blocks shots inside and out, and plays damn good defense.

Thabeet sat in the paint and blocked shots.


I don't even really like Davis, but OP is retarded.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy