Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Brooklyn Nets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Nets still focused on keeping Brook Lopez (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=270525)

insidehoops 07-08-2012 04:37 PM

Nets still focused on keeping Brook Lopez

NY Daily News Blog:

“On our guys end there’s no resolution because we’re not in control,” Johnson said. “Right now, we’re trying to get Brook Lopez re-signed and get him back in a Nets uniform. We can’t control what other teams are doing. When you’re talking about trading with another team we have no power. Like every NBA team, you make proposals and presentations but at the end of the day you have no control. The only thing we have control of right is getting our guys re-signed, getting Brook Lopez re-signed, figuring out what we’re going to do with a couple of other situations, but that’s what Billy’s main focus is right now -- is getting Brook re-signed and getting him in a Nets uniform.”

Duderonomy 07-08-2012 08:14 PM

Re: Nets still focused on keeping Brook Lopez

That's what they say.:rolleyes: Lopez has been a injury phone underachiever, the bynum of the east. More valuable as a trade chip than on the court. Not saying he can't become a good player with the right coach (pop,tibs) but not for us or Orlando.

Nets fan 93 07-08-2012 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duderonomy
That's what they say.:rolleyes: Lopez has been a injury phone underachiever, the bynum of the east. More valuable as a trade chip than on the court. Not saying he can't become a good player with the right coach (pop,tibs) but not for us or Orlando.

Brook's first three seasons were injury free. He played all 82 games his first three seasons.

gigantes 07-08-2012 09:36 PM

yup. and lopez was really an overachiever from the start. nobody expected him to come in that quickly his rookie season and make anywhere near that immediate impact. that's rare for a big man, no ifs ands or buts.

IMO brook's actual problem is that he quickly leveled off as a rebounder. he's probably never going to be a great defender, but rebounding is something he should be able to improve with hard work and so forth. that should be the one and only question mark in terms of his value.

still, very few centers in the NBA can score and pass like him, and he's not even close to hitting his prime yet.

i don't get why some nets fans are so harsh on the dude.

MTing 07-09-2012 01:01 AM

I'm still a fan of Brook. If you saw what he did in those three games he did play last season, you saw that he can be a 20+ ppg Center (which is rare in today's league). I really dont mind if we move on from Dwight and he's our center for the next few years because he is only 24 and the skys the limit for him. He can develop into a decent weak side blocker and a low post threat that the Nets haven't had in years. I also believe that rebounding will come eventually. He might not lead the league in rebounding but 8-10 boards a game is efficient.

Kiddlovesnets 07-09-2012 04:01 AM

I definitely aint a fan of his, but its better than losing him for nothing. Why not? We have to prepare for the possibility that Dwight wont come.

BuffaloNetsFan 07-09-2012 05:27 PM

Looks like the Clips and Cavs are in on a deal with us, that would send Brook to Orlando in a S&T that would bring us Howard!

gigantes 07-09-2012 10:44 PM

i suppose there's no way in hell to be rid of the johnson contract in this upcoming dwight trade. it's going to be murder trying to surround d-will / dwight with talent with all that money tied up.

if there was some way to keep marshon and get rid of JJ... *sigh*

Kiddlovesnets 07-11-2012 12:52 AM

I personally wont offer him more than $5M a year, but if hes indeed going to Orlando it will be a different story. Dont think hes worth a max contract.

Nets fan 93 07-11-2012 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
I personally wont offer him more than $5M a year, but if hes indeed going to Orlando it will be a different story. Dont think hes worth a max contract.

Smh

Kiddlovesnets 07-11-2012 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nets fan 93
Smh

I thought we were offering him a near-max contract for the sake of matching Dwight's salary, given that the total salary of Brook Lopez and Kris Humphries will be similar to Dwight Howard and Jason Richardson's.

Now that Dwight aint coming, we should withdraw this offer and instead talk Brook Lopez into accepting a deal like 5 years/25M. It is how much hes worth to the Nets as a player, although his value as a trade asset may be a lot more than that.

:cry:

gigantes 07-11-2012 09:51 PM

not bad. now if you can expand your routine a little bit you'll have a full comedy set. :)

Silenttristo 07-13-2012 11:26 AM

You wanna see a couple of fun numbers I pulled up?

Lopez going head to head with a player who the NBA forum constantly saying is better than him -

Head to Head with Bynum - 5 games

Bynum - 7.3pts 4.8rbs 45fg%
Lopez - 24pts 9.8rbs 51fg%

How about against the reigning DPOY Tyson Chandler?

Chandler - 8.3pts 8rbs 44fg%
Lopez - 19.6pts 8rbs 55fg%

Just a bit of fun.