Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Knicks hiding from Rockets to avoid receiving offer sheet? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271354)

insidehoops 07-14-2012 07:57 PM

Knicks hiding from Rockets to avoid receiving offer sheet?
 
Houston Chronicle:

Across Las Vegas on Saturday, Rockets officials and couriers fanned out trying to deliver Jeremy Linís offer sheet to the Knicks in what has become an odd bit of NBA front office hide and seek.

Handing over the paper work has proved as difficult as reaching a deal to land Dwight Howard.

The Rockets have tried to deliver the offer sheet to the Knicks since Friday afternoon, but they had eluded their efforts, holding up the start of the three-day clock to match the offer or let Lin go to the Rockets, according to a person familiar with the process.

The Rockets had called and asked where they could deliver the offer sheet but were told that information would not be shared. By Friday evening, a courier called the hotel room of a Knicks official but did not get an answer. Roughly 30 minutes later, a front desk clerk reached him but was told the Knicks were not taking deliveries and that he would not come to the front desk to pick up a package.

franchize 07-14-2012 08:45 PM

Re: Knicks hiding from Rockets to avoid receiving offer sheet?
 
:oldlol: :roll: :oldlol: :roll:

This is bizarre and pathetic. Its like when your parents go to PTA n you know your teacher said something bad. You try n go to sleep real early n avoid them. This is a joke. If you have to avoid the inevitable, its probably because you have reservations about the decision youre gonna make.

percelloveknicks 07-14-2012 08:47 PM

Re: Knicks hiding from Rockets to avoid receiving offer sheet?
 
This organization is one of the most dysfunctional, i love the team, just hate the jokes in charge.

percelloveknicks 07-14-2012 08:56 PM

Re: Knicks hiding from Rockets to avoid receiving offer sheet?
 
Also heard knicks trying to screw the up their cap, cuz money is tied up in the offer

franchize 07-14-2012 10:15 PM

Re: Knicks hiding from Rockets to avoid receiving offer sheet?
 
Knicks r discussing a deal with Felton. Which makes this whole saga make a little sense. I think they took a step back n said hold on now. That said, I think you almost have to get Lin now becauz you got Kidd solely to teavh Lin.

bluechox2 07-14-2012 11:55 PM

Re: Knicks hiding from Rockets to avoid receiving offer sheet?
 
I hate our guard rotation, at least with Lin we had some youth and 3 years to develop. Now we have an overweight Felton , old as **** Kidd and progoni

We definitely gotten worse in the backcourt

I'm hoping Felton will be traded later for a capable pg
He ducked monkey balls last year and I don't see him returning to the same form he was when Knicks had him first time around

So I guess Kidd is starting and Felton is backup or till Shumpert returns, starting 2 with prigoni and jr as backups

franchize 07-15-2012 12:45 AM

Re: Knicks hiding from Rockets to avoid receiving offer sheet?
 
While unacceptable, Feltons weight issues were overexaggerated. It wasnt like he was Boris Diaw. Ppl act like he was Oliver Miller out there lol. His issues defeinately can be fixed in tye offseason fairly easily. We arent talk Eddy Curry weight here.

Scoooter 07-15-2012 02:44 AM

Re: Knicks hiding from Rockets to avoid receiving offer sheet?
 
You're being too generous franchize. He was a little paunchy when he was in New York. That was fine. Last season he actually looked fat.

He needs to come into camp in shape.

percelloveknicks 07-15-2012 07:18 AM

Re: Knicks hiding from Rockets to avoid receiving offer sheet?
 
I think since everybody is talking about his weight and conditioning, he would at least come into camp looking like an nba player, i hope. But i aint gonna lie, those new entenmanns chocolate pound cakes are so f'n good my wife caught me sneaking up at 3 in tha morning.

Clutch 07-15-2012 07:42 AM

Re: Knicks hiding from Rockets to avoid receiving offer sheet?
 
I never really liked Felton but I don't think Lin is that much better than him.

He was great during the Linsanity (from the Nets game until the other Nets game,the one we lost in Melo's return) but besides that he was really an average point guard. 15/4/7 is good but nothing spectacular.

Stats during Linsanity (10 game period):
22.5 points , 3.4 rebounds , 8.3 assists , 2.0 steals , 5.3 turnovers on 50.9% shooting and 33.3% for three

Stats after Linsanity (17 game period):
15 points , 3.7 rebounds , 6.8 assists , 1.9 steals , 3.8 turnovers on 40% shooting and 31.8% for three

Raymond Felton stats with the Knicks:
17.1 points , 3.6 rebounds , 9.0 assists , 1.8 steals , 3.3 turnovers on 42% shooting and 33% for three

Basically Felton had even better stats than Lin after that 10 game stretch when he had the green light to do whatever he wants.

franchize 07-15-2012 08:51 AM

Re: Knicks hiding from Rockets to avoid receiving offer sheet?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by percelloveknicks
I think since everybody is talking about his weight and conditioning, he would at least come into camp looking like an nba player, i hope. But i aint gonna lie, those new entenmanns chocolate pound cakes are so f'n good my wife caught me sneaking up at 3 in tha morning.

:oldlol: Dont get me started on the honey buns. Put those MFers in the microwave for ten seconds.:bowdown:

Scooter, I think you misinterpreted what I said. I agree his weight was unacceptable. He looked chunky. I just dont think its its something that cant be fixed in an offseason. Those other guys I mentioned would take years to lose weight. I think Feltons weight is fixable in about two months. Shoot, if you even look at Diaw, he lost a bunch of weight by the end of the season.

shoops 07-16-2012 07:28 AM

Re: Knicks hiding from Rockets to avoid receiving offer sheet?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutch
I never really liked Felton but I don't think Lin is that much better than him.

He was great during the Linsanity (from the Nets game until the other Nets game,the one we lost in Melo's return) but besides that he was really an average point guard. 15/4/7 is good but nothing spectacular.

Stats during Linsanity (10 game period):
22.5 points , 3.4 rebounds , 8.3 assists , 2.0 steals , 5.3 turnovers on 50.9% shooting and 33.3% for three

Stats after Linsanity (17 game period):
15 points , 3.7 rebounds , 6.8 assists , 1.9 steals , 3.8 turnovers on 40% shooting and 31.8% for three

Raymond Felton stats with the Knicks:
17.1 points , 3.6 rebounds , 9.0 assists , 1.8 steals , 3.3 turnovers on 42% shooting and 33% for three

Basically Felton had even better stats than Lin after that 10 game stretch when he had the green light to do whatever he wants.

You have to take into account that Felton won't have the green light this time around though, as you have to take into account melo, which the Woodson knicks offense primarily runs through. Woodson's offense isn't exactly varied, it really doesn't involve Amare a whole lot.

And the stats you posted on Lin post Linsanity really doesn't tell the whole story. Lin put up some great games, some decent ones, and a few stinkers during that period. He did pretty good in some games where either Melo or Amare were shitting bricks, like the game vs the spurs (even though they lost)? He was also a difference maker in a few of those games, remember that Philly game where he made all his free throws in the 4th q and helped the knicks secure the win? Can felton do that?

franchize 07-16-2012 09:07 AM

Re: Knicks hiding from Rockets to avoid receiving offer sheet?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by shoops
You have to take into account that Felton won't have the green light this time around though, as you have to take into account melo, which the Woodson knicks offense primarily runs through. Woodson's offense isn't exactly varied, it really doesn't involve Amare a whole lot.

And the stats you posted on Lin post Linsanity really doesn't tell the whole story. Lin put up some great games, some decent ones, and a few stinkers during that period. He did pretty good in some games where either Melo or Amare were shitting bricks, like the game vs the spurs (even though they lost)? He was also a difference maker in a few of those games, remember that Philly game where he made all his free throws in the 4th q and helped the knicks secure the win? Can felton do that?


Who knows what Woodson's offense will include. He's yet to have an offseason with these guys and didn't even really have many practices.

As for Felton, he shot better from the line than Lin last year. They shoot about the same from the line. I think there's no advantage either way.

In my opinion, in the words of my dad, Raymond Felton is the median now for PGs. If your better than him, your at the very least, a pretty good pg. If your worse than him, then your probably not worthy of a starting role. I think that's a fair assessment.

shoops 07-16-2012 09:48 AM

Re: Knicks hiding from Rockets to avoid receiving offer sheet?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
Who knows what Woodson's offense will include. He's yet to have an offseason with these guys and didn't even really have many practices.

As for Felton, he shot better from the line than Lin last year. They shoot about the same from the line. I think there's no advantage either way.

In my opinion, in the words of my dad, Raymond Felton is the median now for PGs. If your better than him, your at the very least, a pretty good pg. If your worse than him, then your probably not worthy of a starting role. I think that's a fair assessment.

Can't say that the offense I've seen from Woodson so far has inspired much confidence as well as considering his previous record, but who knows, it is possible that he might come up with something.

Felton is probably about the norm, might be decent, but the Knicks will have to see how motivated he is and hope he doesn't come to training camp as a fatass. As for my freethrow example I guess I mainly meant his ability to perform under pressure.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy