Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Bulls to sign Marco Belinelli and Nazr Mohammed (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272317)

Warners0 07-23-2012 09:07 AM

Bulls to sign Marco Belinelli and Nazr Mohammed
 
All in all, the bench really doesn't look that bad.

When everyone is healthy we got

Rose/Hinich/Teague
Hamilton/Belinelli
Deng/Butler
Boozer/Gibson
Noah/Mohammed

Bulls_Fan20 07-23-2012 11:25 AM

Re: Bulls to sign Marco Belinelli and Nazr Mohammed
 
We still need to fill two more roster spots. Definitely another big guy, and probably stash Thomas in the D-League.

ljsbb27 07-23-2012 06:49 PM

Re: Bulls to sign Marco Belinelli and Nazr Mohammed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Warners0
All in all, the bench really doesn't look that bad.

When everyone is healthy we got

Rose/Hinich/Teague
Hamilton/Belinelli
Deng/Butler
Boozer/Gibson
Noah/Mohammed


Like this roster at the price it's going to cost a lot more than if we were to have brought back Asik, Korver, Watson and Brewer.

I saw a rumor today that we're still interested in Randy Foye so we'll see what happens. Maybe they found a trade partner for Richard Hamilton.

Malcolm Thomas should make this team and be behind Boozer and Gibson.
I would also bring in Henry Sims from the Summer league squad and put him behind Noah and Mohammed.

Rose, Hinrich, Teague, Foye, Bellinelli, Deng, Butler, Boozer, Gibson, Thomas, Noah, Mohammed and Sims would give us a total of 13 and we could still sign someone like a Josh Howard or a Michael Redd at the veteran's minimum and still be below the tax.

Bellinelli in my opinion is better than Korver and seems will cost half the price.
He's just as good of a shooter. Younger, more athletic, better ball handler (can actually create for himself) and a better passer.

Mohammed at this point in his career isn't better than Asik, but he is a serviceable veteran big man who is a good rebounder and a solid low post defender.

Tenchi Ryu 07-23-2012 08:56 PM

Re: Bulls to sign Marco Belinelli and Nazr Mohammed
 
Belinelli is not as a good a shooter as Korver, but easily an overall better player. And Mohammed can easily do what Asik did last year, be a big body and rack up fouls.

insidehoops 07-23-2012 09:07 PM

Re: Bulls to sign Marco Belinelli and Nazr Mohammed
 
CSN Chicago:

Veteran center Nazr Mohammed will be on board next season, as first reported by Peter Vecsey early Sunday morning and confirmed by a person privy to the negotiations. The addition of the Chicago native, who attended Kenwood Academy in Hyde Park, was confirmed by an individual with knowledge of the situation, and indeed signals that the Bulls are unlikely to match Houston's $25.1-million offer sheet to restricted free agent Omer Asik, which was attempted to be delivered by the Rockets in Las Vegas on Saturday, giving the Bulls until Tuesday evening to make a decision.

Mohammed is regarded as a solid defender and while not an offensive juggernaut, is a more reliable option than Asik as a scorer. And while he doesn't possess the same upside in the latter stages of his career, he should help the Bulls' case to remain one of the league's elite defensive units. However, Mohammed's signing, confirmed to be at the league's veteran minimum, doesn't mean the Bulls are done adding post depth.

Bulls_Fan20 07-24-2012 12:48 PM

Re: Bulls to sign Marco Belinelli and Nazr Mohammed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Warners0
All in all, the bench really doesn't look that bad.

When everyone is healthy we got

Rose/Hinich/Teague
Hamilton/Belinelli
Deng/Butler
Boozer/Gibson/Radmanovic
Noah/Mohammed


Forgot about him...leaves us with one more spot if they want to keep costs to a minimum.

Also, because we are using the bi-annual exception on Belinelli, we hard-cap ourselves at $74 million this season. Right now we are sitting at just under $71.7 million, so we can't add much more even at the minimum. Get used to this roster....

Tenchi Ryu 07-24-2012 12:52 PM

Re: Bulls to sign Marco Belinelli and Nazr Mohammed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Forgot about him...leaves us with one more spot if they want to keep costs to a minimum.

Also, because we are using the bi-annual exception on Belinelli, we hard-cap ourselves at $74 million this season. Right now we are sitting at just under $71.7 million, so we can't add much more even at the minimum. Get used to this roster....

Yep, other than trying to get Thomas, this is pretty much it. Not bad at all imo.

Warners0 07-24-2012 12:54 PM

Re: Bulls to sign Marco Belinelli and Nazr Mohammed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Forgot about him...leaves us with one more spot if they want to keep costs to a minimum.

Also, because we are using the bi-annual exception on Belinelli, we hard-cap ourselves at $74 million this season. Right now we are sitting at just under $71.7 million, so we can't add much more even at the minimum. Get used to this roster....


lol I should not have left Radmonovic off the depth chart. But if Malcolm Thomas makes this team I would rather him they use him than Vlad.

Vlad is a one trick pony. Thomas looks like he can gives us great defensive energy a good finisher and some rebounding.

Crystallas 07-24-2012 01:51 PM

Re: Bulls to sign Marco Belinelli and Nazr Mohammed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Forgot about him...leaves us with one more spot if they want to keep costs to a minimum.

Also, because we are using the bi-annual exception on Belinelli, we hard-cap ourselves at $74 million this season. Right now we are sitting at just under $71.7 million, so we can't add much more even at the minimum. Get used to this roster....


Close. And we have 12 spots filled.
$72,490,212.00

Reports are saying that we are going to sign Malcolm Thomas, which I believe is a 840k minimum salary, because he already has NBA experience. But I didn't include his contract in the field.

Also, the Bulls have the option to file for Rose's contract, where he still gets paid, but the full amount isn't counted against the cap because of his injury. We'll see if the Bulls use this maneuver.

Bulls_Fan20 07-24-2012 06:17 PM

Re: Bulls to sign Marco Belinelli and Nazr Mohammed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystallas
Close. And we have 12 spots filled.
$72,490,212.00

Reports are saying that we are going to sign Malcolm Thomas, which I believe is a 840k minimum salary, because he already has NBA experience. But I didn't include his contract in the field.

Also, the Bulls have the option to file for Rose's contract, where he still gets paid, but the full amount isn't counted against the cap because of his injury. We'll see if the Bulls use this maneuver.


I'm not saying you're wrong, but I just want to know how your salary numbers compare to mine and if I need to change something. I'm guessing it's Rose's value, since that doesn't really seem to be set in stone anywhere.

Derrick Rose - $15,506,632
Carlos Boozer - $15,000,000
Luol Deng - $13,365,000
Joakim Noah - $11,300,000
Richard Hamilton - $5,000,000
Kirk Hinrich - $3,090,000
Taj Gibson - $2,155,811
Marco Belinelli - $2,000,000
Nazr Mohammed - $1,300,000
Jimmy Butler - $1,097,520
Marquis Teague - $1,028,400
Vladimir Radmanovic - $854,839
Total = $71,698,202

I also read somewhere that we need to have a minimum of 13 players signed. Can't find the article again though...

ljsbb27 07-24-2012 10:57 PM

Re: Bulls to sign Marco Belinelli and Nazr Mohammed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
Yep, other than trying to get Thomas, this is pretty much it. Not bad at all imo.


Really want to bring in Malcolm Thomas. He deserves it and we could use another big especially one like him who could come in and provide energy, rebounding and shot blocking.

Besides Thomas I see us adding one more piece.

Maybe E'Twane Moore or Patrick Beverly. Both have been rumored.

Also Michael Redd, Jodie Meeks, Josh Howard and a few others are still out there. All of those at the veteran minimum are good value.

ljsbb27 07-25-2012 10:36 PM

Re: Bulls to sign Marco Belinelli and Nazr Mohammed
 
Luxury Tax is $70 million correct?

So even with these cost cutting moves we're still above the tax limit.

Imagine if we would have brought back all the overpaid bench players from last year we would have been way over and paid a significant penalty.

Bulls_Fan20 07-26-2012 12:19 PM

Re: Bulls to sign Marco Belinelli and Nazr Mohammed
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljsbb27
Luxury Tax is $70 million correct?

So even with these cost cutting moves we're still above the tax limit.

Imagine if we would have brought back all the overpaid bench players from last year we would have been way over and paid a significant penalty.


Yep, $70.3 million. That's why they are trying hard to trade Hamilton. Being slightly over the tax isn't a huge deal in year one, but it's years two and three that start to hurt, which is why Boozer will need to be amnestied soon if he can't be traded.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy