Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Official Guild Wars 2 thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274824)

stallionaire 08-16-2012 02:31 PM

Official Guild Wars 2 thread
 
Anyone else playing? All ishers should pick a server to hang out on!

Anti Hero 08-28-2012 04:28 PM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 thread
 
bump

clipse026 08-28-2012 04:35 PM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 thread
 
I have a Hunter and Guardian on Sanctum of Rall

Named Classy As Fk and Keepin It Classy. On the hunter now.

Qwyjibo 08-28-2012 07:49 PM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 thread
 
I've never played an MMO but I think this will be my first. No subscription fee is a huge factor for me plus the first one was supposedly really good.

Too many games on the go right now though. I still have almost a dozen games from the Steam summer sale to go through as well as a few PS3 games I haven't even touched.

Pushxx 08-28-2012 09:22 PM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
I've never played an MMO but I think this will be my first. No subscription fee is a huge factor for me plus the first one was supposedly really good.

Too many games on the go right now though. I still have almost a dozen games from the Steam summer sale to go through as well as a few PS3 games I haven't even touched.


Steam sales are the shit. I get so many games for cheap I can't even play them all lol.

I'm gonna follow this thread to see what happens. Want to see if GW2 is worth getting. Feedback from anyone playing it?

clipse026 08-28-2012 10:14 PM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushxx
Steam sales are the shit. I get so many games for cheap I can't even play them all lol.

I'm gonna follow this thread to see what happens. Want to see if GW2 is worth getting. Feedback from anyone playing it?

I played WoW for like 6 years and then I played SW:TOR for a few months. This looks better than both and plays better than SW:TOR. The ui and layout is a little different than I'm used to but it works. I'm still learning some of the key binds and stuff but it's very enjoyable so far. I'm only level 8 so I can't say anything about dungeons or pvp yet but we shall see soon enough. I like the Hunter mechanics so far. Pretty similar to a hunter in WoW. I wish the interface had more buttons but I'm sure I'll get used to it after I learn what is what. Overall good impressions so far. I was excited for TOR and this feels much better after my 1st few hours.

Maniak 08-29-2012 02:31 AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 thread
 
i might get it just because some fam/friends asked me about getting it. no subscribing so thats not a worry.

i'm sick of people comparing things like this to wow though. wow is a class mmo everything else is b class, people should just deal with that and move on.

I've already heard how awful dungeons are, although that the pvp content is really strong. good enough for me as i always sway towards pvp.

Sakkreth 08-31-2012 07:31 PM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 thread
 
PvP is quite good, and i love that i don't have to get maximum level to be able to do end game pvp, quests and pve world isn't bad tho. Will be decent game to play some pvp from time to time and some pve when i am at work. But not even a chance to retake spot as my n1 game, sc2 is way too good, community is the best community ever, it's way too fun and you never get bored of it.

Pushxx 09-01-2012 01:40 AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 thread
 
Thanks for the feedback. I focus on PvP in MMOs so GW2 has my attention.

I'm more worried about the gameplay being fluid and skill-based.

Qwyjibo 09-14-2012 12:58 AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 thread
 
So I just bought this. Just downloading it all. Might play after work tomorrow or try it out on the weekend. This is my first ever MMO so it'll be interesting.

Pushxx 09-14-2012 01:17 AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 thread
 
I got the game and was severely disappoiinted.

The leveling is original and relatively exciting, but that's where the positives end.

The WvW is a zergfest on a map that is way too big with no strategy whatsoever.

The structured PvP has absolutely no rewards and every character is automatically given the best gear. There is no progression. You have no reason to play your character and build him up. Your professions don't matter, your gear doesn't matter, your level don't matter...you can make a level 1 character and literally have all skills and gear. A joke...

The gameplay for PvE is varied and fun though a bit unprecise. The PvP gameplay is a sloppy shitfest and damage is much too high even in small-scale fights.

The PvE is promising but it is the only reason to work on your character. Because I don't want to spend weeks leveling a character for only PvE, I returned the game.

Massive disappoint for a game that was supposed to be PvP-oriented when the innovations I see are only for PvE and leveling.

stallionaire 09-17-2012 06:10 PM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pushxx
I got the game and was severely disappoiinted.

The leveling is original and relatively exciting, but that's where the positives end.

The WvW is a zergfest on a map that is way too big with no strategy whatsoever.

The structured PvP has absolutely no rewards and every character is automatically given the best gear. There is no progression. You have no reason to play your character and build him up. Your professions don't matter, your gear doesn't matter, your level don't matter...you can make a level 1 character and literally have all skills and gear. A joke...

The gameplay for PvE is varied and fun though a bit unprecise. The PvP gameplay is a sloppy shitfest and damage is much too high even in small-scale fights.

The PvE is promising but it is the only reason to work on your character. Because I don't want to spend weeks leveling a character for only PvE, I returned the game.

Massive disappoint for a game that was supposed to be PvP-oriented when the innovations I see are only for PvE and leveling.


Guild Wars 1 was the same way... :facepalm

It's a casual game with depth at the pvp side. If you don't like it, fine. But you're knocking the core elements to the Guild Wars universe.

Sakkreth 09-18-2012 05:24 AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 thread
 
GW focuses on competetive PvP, therefore not better geared teams wins, but better skilled. It's way too easy tho, you can master any class in days which is a joke for competetive pvp. They need to make it harder, change sPvP maps aswell as it rewards zerging the mid while 1-2 players steals/fights over other 2 bases, make it more complicated and harder. For now it's not even close to real esports (no not LoL, LoL is another joke). sPvP is meant for esports, and those who are not interested in that has WvW which actually sucks, so that leaves you with no pvp, lol.

intrinsic 02-12-2013 11:30 AM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 thread
 
I skipped this one at release. Any of you guys still playing, 6 months later?

Qwyjibo 02-12-2013 01:17 PM

Re: Official Guild Wars 2 thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by intrinsic
I skipped this one at release. Any of you guys still playing, 6 months later?

I just started playing again after a month away from it. It's fun but I guess I'm too used to playing really good story based single-player RPGs like The Witcher 2 and Dragon Age Origins. When playing GW2, it seems like it's all about getting new loot and exploring. Which is still fine for what it is. I assume this is normal for MMOs. This being my first, I have no comparison.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy