Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   NCAA expanding inquiry into Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275336)

ncrizzle 08-22-2012 06:20 PM

NCAA expanding inquiry into Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel
 
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...n-nerlens-noel
Ruh Roh

get these NETS 08-22-2012 06:27 PM

Re: NCAA expanding inquiry into Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel
 
what was the over/under on Calipari getting to keep this title?

niko 08-22-2012 06:30 PM

Re: NCAA expanding inquiry into Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by get these NETS
what was the over/under on Calipari getting to keep this title?

This has nothing to do with last year.

Kobe 4 The Win 08-22-2012 08:35 PM

Re: NCAA expanding inquiry into Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel
 
I don't follow college basketball. I don't know much about it and I don't know much about Calipari. With that said I've seen him talk a handfull of times and I can smell the stench of corruption on him. I don't know what he's up to, but he's up to something and I'm confident that eventually some huge scandal will reveal itself.

Perhaps I'm wrong but time will tell.

IGotACoolStory 08-22-2012 08:42 PM

Re: NCAA expanding inquiry into Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel
 
Lot of dirty recruiting/academics (in high school and even at some colleges) going around these days.

One of the top recruits and probable one and done players, Rodney Purvis still isn't cleared to play at NC State. Apparently he "graduated" from his diploma mill now getting investigated, but didn't technically graduate or something.

It's crazy shit, what a lot of these top recruits go through. Wouldn't shock me of some of these kids haven't done a piece of school work in their life before college. Ever read Play Their Hearts Out? Most of those kids had ZERO chance to grow up with any stability. Future NBA talent is not enough.

There's a CBS poll with nearly 100 college coaches and today's question was, Which player's recruitment is perceived dirtiest of past decade?
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...of-past-decade

It's interesting to see which players show up and the common ground between many of them.

Rose 08-22-2012 08:59 PM

Re: NCAA expanding inquiry into Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IGotACoolStory
Lot of dirty recruiting/academics (in high school and even at some colleges) going around these days.

One of the top recruits and probable one and done players, Rodney Purvis still isn't cleared to play at NC State. Apparently he "graduated" from his diploma mill now getting investigated, but didn't technically graduate or something.

It's crazy shit, what a lot of these top recruits go through. Wouldn't shock me of some of these kids haven't done a piece of school work in their life before college. Ever read Play Their Hearts Out? Most of those kids had ZERO chance to grow up with any stability. Future NBA talent is not enough.

There's a CBS poll with nearly 100 college coaches and today's question was, Which player's recruitment is perceived dirtiest of past decade?
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebask...of-past-decade

It's interesting to see which players show up and the common ground between many of them.

John Wall's was always pretty fishy. I was surprised when Cal locked him up, especially as early as he did. Decent read, wish they would have put in more quotes though.

WeGetRing2012 08-22-2012 09:17 PM

Re: NCAA expanding inquiry into Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel
 
So sad how greedy these grown men are :facepalm Taking advantage of kids...

Thats why I believe that when these players get recruited to college they should have a guaranteed scholarship that can't be taken away from them no matter what & a stipend for the year. And they should be able to hire agents while in school and start making money off of their image immediately...

ukfan22 08-22-2012 09:24 PM

Re: NCAA expanding inquiry into Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel
 
Maybe you people should learn to read

the questions are about his relationship to a high school coach, who may have paid for unofficial visits to MULTIPLE schools, not just UK. Mostly to Syracuse, actually.

this has nothing to do with Calipari or Kentucky

SilkkTheShocker 08-22-2012 09:24 PM

Re: NCAA expanding inquiry into Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel
 
Calipari is a pimp

el gringos 08-22-2012 10:04 PM

Re: NCAA expanding inquiry into Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel
 
Wow- two interesting articles. As a UCLA fan that doesn't look good, it was so exciting but strange to see such great recruiting success.

1. These guys are why the nba shouldn't try to force all players into a year of NCAA - its not helping anybody from the players or the schools

2. Is there a chance that the players coming to LA are more through connections to pro agents where as the Kentucky guys are more through connections to the school? Are they pro agent connections or boosters from specific schools?

ukfan22 08-22-2012 10:06 PM

Re: NCAA expanding inquiry into Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by el gringos
Wow- two interesting articles. As a UCLA fan that doesn't look good, it was so exciting but strange to see such great recruiting success.

1. These guys are why the nba shouldn't try to force all players into a year of NCAA - its not helping anybody from the players or the schools

2. Is there a chance that the players coming to LA are more through connections to pro agents where as the Kentucky guys are more through connections to the school? Are they pro agent connections or boosters from specific schools?


Kentucky is not and will not be implicated in any wrongdoing. The questions about Noel stem from a relationship to a high school coach, and are regarding visits he made to several schools, not just Kentucky.

el gringos 08-22-2012 10:13 PM

Re: NCAA expanding inquiry into Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ukfan22
Kentucky is not and will not be implicated in any wrongdoing. The questions about Noel stem from a relationship to a high school coach, and are regarding visits he made to several schools, not just Kentucky.

That article right there talked about Davis going to Kentucky for 200 grand and wall choosing Kentucky over some other grand gestures by Baylor. Right?

ukfan22 08-22-2012 10:24 PM

Re: NCAA expanding inquiry into Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by el gringos
That article right there talked about Davis going to Kentucky for 200 grand and wall choosing Kentucky over some other grand gestures by Baylor. Right?


yeah, people say a lot of bullshit

When UNC and Duke were signing anyone they wanted in the early to mid 2000's, no one said a thing.

But the winningest program of all time with the best recruiter in the country does it and surely it must be shady.

We don't cheat, UK sells itself. 5 star players literally beg for offers. We didn't pay for Davis and Wall chose Kentucky over Baylor because we're Kentucky and they're fcking Baylor.

wang4three 08-22-2012 10:28 PM

Re: NCAA expanding inquiry into Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ukfan22
But the winningest program of all time with the best recruiter in the country does it and surely it must be shady.


Yeah, the fact that he has a history of leaving programs decimated have nothing to do with it at all.

While I acknowledge that Cal probably doesn't cheat (as much) as he had to before, let's not turn a blind eye to appropriate suspicion.

KyrieTheFuture 08-22-2012 10:33 PM

Re: NCAA expanding inquiry into Kentucky freshman Nerlens Noel
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ukfan22
yeah, people say a lot of bullshit

When UNC and Duke were signing anyone they wanted in the early to mid 2000's, no one said a thing.

But the winningest program of all time with the best recruiter in the country does it and surely it must be shady.

We don't cheat, UK sells itself. 5 star players literally beg for offers. We didn't pay for Davis and Wall chose Kentucky over Baylor because we're Kentucky and they're fcking Baylor.

:roll:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:23 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy