Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Sometimes I don't get the Patriots. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276868)

Real Men Wear Green 09-17-2012 06:20 PM

Sometimes I don't get the Patriots.

I don't want to think this is about the contract.

But I don't have any other explanation for why Welker isn't starting. Nor do I understand why you hand a guy 9.5 mil and then proceed to not start him. The Patriots have developed a rep for being a great franchise. And they are. But they don't care about their players and sometimes I wonder if keeping guys like Richard Seymour and Asante Samuel would have lead to one or two more SB victories. What I think (not a cap expert, could be wrong) is that they're just riding high on earlier glory to make a shit-ton of money while saving $ on the present squad. I certainly have no business telling Belicheck how to run a team, guy has gotten to the SB 5 times. But why does it seem like almost every time a guy other than Brady goes for full market value he goes somewhere else?

Heavincent 09-17-2012 06:22 PM

Re: Sometimes I don't get the Patriots.

Imagine if northwinds was still here?

Real Men Wear Green 09-17-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavincent

**** that guy, his presence seriously detracted from my enjoyment of the season Welker was having. Instead of being able to just appreciate a great player for the great year he was having he had to turn everything into a race war.

Let's all move on.

code green 09-17-2012 06:31 PM

I don't disagree with you. There have definitely been a few members of the prior teams that we should have kept. But how many of these players became real pieces to a quality team? Aside from McGinest (not really a quality team) and Samuel, I can't come up with many.

BrickingStar 09-17-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I don't want to think this is about the contract.

But I don't have any other explanation for why Welker isn't starting. Nor do I understand why you hand a guy 9.5 mil and then proceed to not start him. The Patriots have developed a rep for being a great franchise. And they are. But they don't care about their players and sometimes I wonder if keeping guys like Richard Seymour and Asante Samuel would have lead to one or two more SB victories. What I think (not a cap expert, could be wrong) is that they're just riding high on earlier glory to make a shit-ton of money while saving $ on the present squad. I certainly have no business telling Belicheck how to run a team, guy has gotten to the SB 5 times. But why does it seem like almost every time a guy other than Brady goes for full market value he goes somewhere else?

At least your not the only one

Also welker is like 31 or something right? That mean BB will get rid of him soon as BB will see he has no longer need of his tool.

Real Men Wear Green 09-17-2012 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by code green
I don't disagree with you. There have definitely been a few members of the prior teams that we should have kept. But how many of these players became real pieces to a quality team? Aside from McGinest (not really a quality team) and Samuel, I can't come up with many.

Off the top of my head, I'm pretty sure Seymour is still good even though the Raiders aren't doing much.

CelticBaller 09-17-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavincent

lolno

ClutchOver9000 09-18-2012 02:29 AM

Patriots march to the beat of their own drum. Always have always will. Well, at least for as long as the Kraft/Belichick duo are there.