Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   College and High School Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Harrison twins commit to John Calipari and Kentucky (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277947)

timlush 10-04-2012 04:16 PM

Harrison twins commit to John Calipari and Kentucky

Hopefully the first 2 commits in what could be the greatest recruiting class ever :cheers:

bdreason 10-04-2012 05:36 PM

Re: Harrison twins are committing at 5pm on ESPNu

Kentucky. What a shocker.

Clyde 10-04-2012 05:43 PM

sigh.......

Point Blank 10-04-2012 05:48 PM

Good choice but I would of had more respect for them if they went to help rebuild UMD.

SourPatchKids 10-04-2012 08:31 PM

Drats...

insidehoops 10-04-2012 08:55 PM

The two biggest pieces of basketball recruiting news this year happened at the same time. Twins Andrew and Aaron Harrison of Richmond (Texas) Travis High committed to Kentucky on Thursday.

The Harrisons chose the Wildcats over Maryland and SMU.

"We liked coach (John) Calipari's fire to win and we want to win a national championship," Andrew said.

Added Aaron: "Also, Coach Calipari did not guarantee anything and we liked that."

The significance of the commitments centers around the fact that these are the highest-rated basketball twins ever to come out of high school. Andrew is the top point guard and No. 2 overall prospect in the ESPN 100, while Aaron is the No. 4 overall player and top-rated shooting guard in the country.

-- ESPN.com

KG215 10-04-2012 08:59 PM

Yeah, this became pretty apparent when they cancelled a trip to Maryland or something like that. Whatever it was, I think the feeling for a little while has been Kentucky was the leader.

IGOTGAME 10-04-2012 09:07 PM

Re: Harrison twins commit to John Calipari and Kentucky

If they get Wiggins too...gonna be a crazy attack from the perimeter.

IGotACoolStory 10-04-2012 10:44 PM

I guarantee they are getting Randle.

And Wiggins isn't going to FSU. I hope I'm wrong but FSU... Really?

Interesting though if those four play on the same team. Randle isn't a traditional PF. He NEEDS the ball in his hands to be effective and he has little to no post moves. One of the twins is a PG so... The other can play off the ball but he's good with it. And why in the world wouldn't you want Wiggins to not have the ball? I would milk that kid for all he's worth.

Interesting mixture of talent to say the least, if it transpires.

InspiredLebowski 10-05-2012 01:42 AM

It's honestly not fair. The NBA needs to kill the age limit, they won't and we all know why, but still. I don't blame Cal or any of the kids that go there, but it's just getting stupid at this point.

Whatever, have fun riding the bench for 4 years Derek Willis.

StateProperty 10-05-2012 05:29 AM

His mom was won over by Kentucky's academics. Kentucky vs Maryland, and you're won over by KENTUCKY's academics.

UConnCeltics 10-05-2012 09:07 AM

So we can assume that Harrow, Noel, Caulley, Goodwin, and Poythress will be gone right?

That gives UK 5-7 scholarships to offer. Hide your children, UK is coming to town!

timlush 10-05-2012 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
It's honestly not fair. The NBA needs to kill the age limit, they won't and we all know why, but still. I don't blame Cal or any of the kids that go there, but it's just getting stupid at this point.

Whatever, have fun riding the bench for 4 years Derek Willis.

Yeah, not sure what Willis is thinking. Jon Hood 2.0

Court Vision 10-05-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StateProperty
His mom was won over by Kentucky's academics. Kentucky vs Maryland, and you're won over by KENTUCKY's academics.

Burgz V2 10-05-2012 01:55 PM

surprise surprise.

Calipari is about to do it again