Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Marcus Camby already injured in second stint with NY Knicks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278139)

insidehoops 10-07-2012 03:31 PM

Marcus Camby already injured in second stint with NY Knicks

Marcus Camby, who was signed to a three-year deal over the summer despite a long history of injuries, including when he played at the Garden earlier in his NBA career, has been KO’d from the first two preseason games by a strained left calf. The injury occurred in only the fourth practice of training camp and was revealed in an MRI.

The 38-year old backup center-forward is expected to miss a week to 10 days, which would include the Knicks’ second exhibition game, on Saturday against Boston in his native Hartford. They open their six-game preseason schedule in Washington on Thursday against the Wizards. The team announced the injury and the timetable for Camby’s return before practice in Greenburgh on Saturday.

-- NY Daily News

Sarcastic 10-07-2012 04:01 PM

Re: Marcus Camby already injured in second stint with NY Knicks

It's a good thing we signed Kurt Thomas and Rasheed Wallace.

Court Vision 10-07-2012 04:09 PM

Not a good sign, but good thing it's minor.

knickscity 10-07-2012 07:00 PM

A calf strain?

That aint a real injury, nothing to be worried about.

niko 10-08-2012 02:03 PM

Knicks are holding out a veteran player from preseason. OMG! what is the world coming to?

Rameek 10-08-2012 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
Knicks are holding out a veteran player from preseason. OMG! what is the world coming to?

My only concern with that is this team has never been cohesive.

I dont think its a big deal but considering this team is KRUSTY any injury can be an issue.

franchize 10-09-2012 10:06 AM

This may be a minor precaution, but it's also a sign of things to come. When you make your roster full of 35+ guys, your chances of having injuries are heightened tremendously.

MightyWhitey 10-13-2012 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
My only concern with that is this team has never been cohesive.

I dont think its a big deal but considering this team is KRUSTY any injury can be an issue.

They should offer Ewing a 25mil contract for 3 years to come out of retirement so chandler could be his back up.

Patrick Chewing 10-15-2012 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
They should offer Ewing a 25mil contract for 3 years to come out of retirement so chandler could be his back up.

I would sign my hero Ewing to a contract should the Knicks make the Finals. He can just stand there and foul somebody in the clinching game and be carried out a hero.

bluechox2 10-15-2012 02:03 AM

we just need our old men to be ready come playoffs.