Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What do you realistically expect from Carmelo Anthony this season (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278157)

FreezingTsmoove 10-07-2012 07:15 PM

What do you realistically expect from Carmelo Anthony this season
 
Never before have I seen so much hype for a inefficient, 20 ppg ballhog (for ballhog see Round 1 of 2012 playoffs where he has Steve Novak wide open in the corner and then attempts a turn around jumper on Heat defender)

Watching the 8-15 start of the Knicks just near broke this former Knick fan into hatred of this franchise, but I stuck around I have been through worse. Then hearing Carmelo openly admit that he didn't play hard for Mikey D when Mike was trying absolutely everything in his good power to try and get this team better. Whether it was substitutions, roster changes, minutes, making Melo a PG, making him shoot the 3, defense, all the hoopla he tried and Melo wasn't even playing hard. It was there I had enough. I wasn't going to waste my time on a team that wasn't even going to play hard while I had my eyes glued to the TV.

I expect 20, 3 assists, and 5 rebounds on .440%. There's so way a player can go from a .430% to .450 or .500 it just aint happening so I am being very generous



So what can we expect from Carmelo? Last season he openly admitted he came out unmotivated, and not willing to play hard. Can we see the same? Or should I say will we say the same

I hope not.

SpecialQue 10-07-2012 07:16 PM

Re: What do you realistically expect from Carmelo Anthony this season
 
A whole lotta this:


TheMarkMadsen 10-07-2012 07:21 PM

Re: What do you realistically expect from Carmelo Anthony this season
 
26 8 & 3 on 46 % shooting.

upside24 10-07-2012 07:24 PM

Re: What do you realistically expect from Carmelo Anthony this season
 
25/7/3 on 46% shooting seems reasonable. I miss Denver Melo.:(

Rubio2Gasol 10-07-2012 07:25 PM

Re: What do you realistically expect from Carmelo Anthony this season
 
27, 6 and 3 on 45-48%.

As well as ice in the crucial moments.

KyrieTheFuture 10-07-2012 07:37 PM

Re: What do you realistically expect from Carmelo Anthony this season
 
Relatively mediocre season coupled with a couple great games/late game performances to remind you how annoying he can be as a player.

Court Vision 10-07-2012 07:53 PM

Re: What do you realistically expect from Carmelo Anthony this season
 
36 minutes a night, 24 points, 6.5 boards, 3 assists, 47% from the field

Segatti 10-07-2012 07:58 PM

Re: What do you realistically expect from Carmelo Anthony this season
 
25/8/2, 44% from the field, 33% from downtown.

SpecialQue 10-07-2012 08:00 PM

Re: What do you realistically expect from Carmelo Anthony this season
 
Carmelo may be one of the shittiest superstar players of all time. He has the potential right there to be great, but just can't fvcking deliver. He's like an impotent John Holmes. A whole lotta huge, useless talent that's no good to anyone.

NuggetsFan 10-07-2012 08:09 PM

Re: What do you realistically expect from Carmelo Anthony this season
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpecialQue
Carmelo may be one of the shittiest superstar players of all time. He has the potential right there to be great, but just can't fvcking deliver. He's like an impotent John Holmes. A whole lotta huge, useless talent that's no good to anyone.


Nah. People just try to make him more than what he is. He isn't LeBron James or Kobe Bryant. He's not going to carry a team to a championship and it's unrealistic to place those kinda expectations on him. He's never missed the playoffs in his entire career. Went over 25 points on solid efficiency like 4 or 5 times. Keep in mind on teams that were actually post season bound, not like dude's been piling up stats on a team going nowhere. Made the WCF once.

Melo will score points. Probably do like 26\7\3 or around that like he usually does. Could shoot anywhere from 43% to 48% depending on how many jumpers he takes\how much he goes inside. Continues to be just as clutch as anybody in the league.

Will go as far his supporting cast supports him. Won't carry them past the 1st round but if NY is good enough he'll be a big part in them advancing like any All-Star\All-NBA caliber player would be.

Really what f*cked Melo was playing in the Western Conference at a time where if you won 50 games you ended up the 8th seed. That and inconsistency and having sub-par inefficient playoff series.

SpecialQue 10-07-2012 08:15 PM

Re: What do you realistically expect from Carmelo Anthony this season
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
Nah. People just try to make him more than what he is. He isn't LeBron James or Kobe Bryant. He's not going to carry a team to a championship and it's unrealistic to place those kinda expectations on him. He's never missed the playoffs in his entire career. Went over 25 points on solid efficiency like 4 or 5 times. Keep in mind on teams that were actually post season bound, not like dude's been piling up stats on a team going nowhere. Made the WCF once.

Melo will score points. Probably do like 26\7\3 or around that like he usually does. Could shoot anywhere from 43% to 48% depending on how many jumpers he takes\how much he goes inside. Continues to be just as clutch as anybody in the league.

Will go as far his supporting cast supports him. Won't carry them past the 1st round but if NY is good enough he'll be a big part in them advancing like any All-Star\All-NBA caliber player would be.

Really what f*cked Melo was playing in the Western Conference at a time where if you won 50 games you ended up the 8th seed. That and inconsistency and having sub-par inefficient playoff series.


Well, regardless, Nuggets fans should have a shrine built to Melo. They will consistently be a better team than the Knicks due to the trade, and they're in the tougher conference.

Xiao Yao You 10-07-2012 08:20 PM

Re: What do you realistically expect from Carmelo Anthony this season
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpecialQue
Carmelo may be one of the shittiest superstar players of all time. He has the potential right there to be great, but just can't fvcking deliver. He's like an impotent John Holmes. A whole lotta huge, useless talent that's no good to anyone.



But not a superstar. A high scoring small forward.

NuggetsFan 10-07-2012 08:20 PM

Re: What do you realistically expect from Carmelo Anthony this season
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpecialQue
Well, regardless, Nuggets fans should have a shrine built to Melo. They will consistently be a better team than the Knicks due to the trade, and they're in the tougher conference.


Agreed. He really helped set us up. That being said the issue with Melo for his entire career, including his time with Denver was people tried to make out to be more than what he was. He's not going to be a top 5 player, at his best he'll float between 6-10 and when he's off like he has been with NY than he'll just be an All-Star guy. There was years in Denver were he was in that next tier after the truly elite player, which by the looks of things will be forgotten.

People try to act like he's Glen Rice and shit like that tho which is retarded.

NuggetsFan 10-07-2012 08:23 PM

Re: What do you realistically expect from Carmelo Anthony this season
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
But not a superstar. A high scoring small forward.


That has been at the top of the league in terms of making big plays late in games for basically his entire career. One of the better rebounders at his position. For a SF he's can get others involved too. Not at a high level or anything but not so bad to say that all he does is score.

25\6\3 for his career while never missing the playoffs is nothing to shake your head at.

StateOfMind12 10-07-2012 08:29 PM

Re: What do you realistically expect from Carmelo Anthony this season
 
Carmelo Anthony is just an inefficient version of Adrian Dantley. He is a giant ball-stopper, he is inefficient, and he does nothing else to impact the game other than score and score with low percentage shots.

Melo is sadly an underachiever.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy