Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Preseason - Raptors vs. Pistons (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278228)

lilbeastnani 10-08-2012 06:53 PM

Preseason - Raptors vs. Pistons
 
Let's GOOOO!

Raps vs. Real Madrid, Happy Thanksgiving!

lilbeastnani 10-08-2012 07:09 PM

Re: Raptors first preseason game in 10 minutes!!!
 
Starting lineup of Bargnani/Gray/Calderon/Derozan/Fields

Lowry out with injury. I hope that we don't plan on starting Aaron Gray when the regular season kicks off. Why do we need to ease him in when we don't have a win now team?

Dr.Funk 10-08-2012 07:22 PM

Re: Raptors first preseason game in 10 minutes!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
Starting lineup of Bargnani/Gray/Calderon/Derozan/Fields

Lowry out with injury. I hope that we don't plan on starting Aaron Gray when the regular season kicks off. Why do we need to ease him in when we don't have a win now team?



According to BC this is a win now team.

bokes15 10-08-2012 09:48 PM

Re: Raptors first preseason game in 10 minutes!!!
 
I actually got to see this game cuz it was on NBATV. I was very disappointed that Lowry/Val won't be available for who knows how long. My personal assessment of the relevant players from tonights game.

Bargs - I didn't see him using any of that added size of his with the exception of one back down move early in the game. And in looking at him I question how much of that 15lbs was lean muscle. Really perimeter oriented game.

Jose - Had an injury scare in the 3rd quarter but more of the same from him. An efficient game. 50% shooting, 8 assists, 1 TO.

Landry Fields - Didn't get much burn, had a couple impressive plays but for the most part wasn't really involved.

Ed Davis - Got a few too many cheap fouls, didn't provide much offensively (but the way it's looking he may never be more than an alley-oop/put back guy on the offensive end) had a good tough game in the paint and on the glass.

Alan Anderson - Why in the hell is he so trigger happy? Every time he took a shot I cringed.

Demar Derozan - In terms of skillset it didn't look much different from the product we see year after year, but I guess the positive I will say is that he did get to the line 9 times and spent a good amount of time in the paint and on the boards.

John Lucas - pretty much put on a shooting clinic. Surprising because he hasn't historically been that great of a shooter in the NBA.

Terrance Ross - he was pretty passive in tonights game but his jumper looks smooth. I think he needs to be more aggressive and look for his shot some more. But then again, with the way the system is, I think that Casey is gonna tell him to focus more on defense and ball movement.

Amir Johnson - Same Amir Johnson we will always see. Hustling, catching alley oops, grabbing boards, working hard, can't hate on that.

Kleiza - Nonfactor tonight for the most part.

bluerap 10-08-2012 10:42 PM

Re: Raptors first preseason game in 10 minutes!!!
 
it was really annoying listening to the commentating.
they were making excuses for the team from the tip, like they expected us to lose to that crap team.

Zan Tabak 10-09-2012 07:15 AM

Re: Raptors first preseason game in 10 minutes!!!
 
John Lucas and Amir impressed me the most. Not a bad game over all.

bokes15 10-10-2012 07:54 PM

Re: Raptors first preseason game in 10 minutes!!!
 
Raps vs. Pistons, Val just checked in with a block on Monroe.

avonbarksdale 10-10-2012 10:02 PM

Re: Raptors first preseason game in 10 minutes!!!
 
derozan looks great, jose looked good, val looked good for his first ever nba appearence, lucas was shooting nicely. good game

avonbarksdale 10-10-2012 10:03 PM

Re: Raptors first preseason game in 10 minutes!!!
 
really hope they can force ot! 9 seconds left down by 2 points

bokes15 10-10-2012 10:11 PM

Re: Raptors first preseason game in 10 minutes!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by avonbarksdale
derozan looks great, jose looked good, val looked good for his first ever nba appearence, lucas was shooting nicely. good game

Agree. Well, Val was alright in the limited time he played. Lucas is really surprising me. Calderon was solid, too bad about that missed final shot. Derozan is looking pretty solid, but again with him he's always stellar in the preseason so I didn't expect otherwise.

One surprise for me was Aaron Gray. Not that he looked spectacular or anything but he looked very solid. To me he's kind of like a taller Kendrick Perkins. A big bruising body who hurts people in the paint, is a solid rebounder when he's out there and a workhorse. I actually don't mind the fact that we're retaining him.

Chamberlain 10-10-2012 10:48 PM

Re: Raptors first preseason game in 10 minutes!!!
 
I know it's only preseason, but how about Andre Drummond with 12/7 and 2 blocked shots.

Didn't see the game, only box score.

Can anyone enlighten me on how he looked?

bokes15 10-10-2012 11:11 PM

Re: Raptors first preseason game in 10 minutes!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain
I know it's only preseason, but how about Andre Drummond with 12/7 and 2 blocked shots.

Didn't see the game, only box score.

Can anyone enlighten me on how he looked?

He looked very solid. Those are numbers he put up coming off the bench. He got a few alley oops, a couple put backs, he was banging on the boards. The guy does not play like a 19 year old at all, I can see the reason why the Pistons are so high on him. And as the Pistons commentators kept saying that is one BIG dude. Big wingspan and he's freaking 270-280lbs.

Chamberlain 10-11-2012 12:38 AM

Re: Raptors first preseason game in 10 minutes!!!
 
Colangelo :ohwell:

totally kidding

bokes15 10-11-2012 12:51 AM

Re: Raptors first preseason game in 10 minutes!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Colangelo :ohwell:

totally kidding

:oldlol: If you weren't kidding I would've said impact wise I would say that Drummond has the potential when it's all said and done to be the biggest impact guy in this years draft, bigger than AD. I mean at that size, 6'11-7'0 and 280lbs, he's a beast. He has an NBA body already and he's a banger and a big presence in that paint. How he takes advantage of that over the long haul only time will tell.

However, as you know it would've made no sense for us to pick him up. We now have Gray/Val/Bargs/Davis/Amir/Mcgloire. He'd have to get rid of at least one of Bargnani or Val for that draft move to make sense.

bluerap 10-12-2012 10:52 PM

Re: Raptors first preseason game in 10 minutes!!!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bokes15
However, as you know it would've made no sense for us to pick him up. We now have Gray/Val/Bargs/Davis/Amir/Mcgloire. He'd have to get rid of at least one of Bargnani or Val for that draft move to make sense.


I would have preferred drafting him and letting it play out. If he turns into an all-star or even a 15/10 guy what can you say? Well we didn't want to draft him because we already had Aaron Gray and Jamal Maglore.:coleman:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy