Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jeremy Lin: Still Not 100% Back From Minor Knee Surgery (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278369)

IGOTGAME 10-10-2012 02:02 PM

Jeremy Lin: Still Not 100% Back From Minor Knee Surgery

Quote:

Though he has not had any setbacks or missed practice time, Jeremy Lin acknowledged on Tuesday that he is still working his way back from last season’s knee injury.

Lin had always maintained that he was 100 percent healthy, though Rockets coach Kevin McHale had often spoke about Lin’s comeback. On Tuesday, Lin said he expected to be at full speed in time for the Oct. 31 opener, but was not there yet and does not expect to play extensively in the preseason opener.

“My speed and my explosiveness and my agility (are not) there yet,” Lin said. “I’m still trying to recover from knee surgery and get to where I was pre-surgery. I probably won’t get to play too much. Hopefully, as the preseason goes on I’ll get to play more and more to build that endurance.”

Surgery has a typical 6 week recovery time. 6 months later he is still not 100%. Knicks were right to get rid of this guy.

mark 10-10-2012 02:06 PM

Re: Jeremy Lin: Still Not 100% Back From Minor Knee Surgery

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
Surgery has a typical 6 week recovery time. 6 months later he is still not 100%. Knicks were right to get rid of this guy.

It makes no sense at all, to sign this guy for that ridiculous amount, when he was fighting for a minimum salary not too long ago. Knicks were smart indeed.

NumberSix 10-10-2012 02:07 PM

I'm not sure this guy has any intention of ever playing basketball again.

mark 10-10-2012 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NumberSix
I'm not sure this guy has any intention of ever playing basketball again.

he got a huge payday. He marketed himself, he is rich, now he has nothing to prove. This from playing a handful of NBA games. Knicks get the last laugh.:roll:

DuMa 10-10-2012 02:17 PM

teams always put out BS excuses, whether real or not to avoid putting a player into unncesscary risk in the preseason and training camp. especially if the player is coming off an injury.

non story. shit thread. dumb op

niko 10-10-2012 04:49 PM

I thought Lin spent all off season in the midst of working harder than any human has ever worked to become better, right? (Cleverly disguised as a promotional tour and vacation.)

He shouldn't still not be ok from that surgery, it wasn't minor but it was a month or two type thing, not a 6 month thing.

Money 23 10-10-2012 04:52 PM

Minor knee surgery?

Huge payday?

Miliking the hell out of his fame and paychecks. No reason he shouldn't be ready by now.

Weak genetics?

niko 10-10-2012 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Money 23
Minor knee surgery?

Huge payday?

Miliking the hell out of his fame and paychecks. No reason he shouldn't be ready by now.

Weak genetics?

i personally think he's trying to lower expectations.

Rolando 10-10-2012 04:53 PM

Just trying to keep expectations low and realistic. I am interested in seeing how he plays. I hope he is good.

coin24 10-10-2012 04:55 PM

He's not built to play a full nba season. Also, he sucks anyway..
Knicks made a smart move, Lmao at all the retards on here bagging them for not resigning this bum.
Didn't any of you see chalmers expose him? Then he sat out of the first round to secure a payday... Enjoy him rockets:lol

Legends66NBA7 10-10-2012 04:55 PM

Lin is such a hype train, it’s ridiculous.

Quote:

Lowering his expectations or maybe he’s just not THAT passionate about playing basketball now after all that hype ?

niko 10-10-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IGOTGAME

I remember you said at the time he was dogging it and could play. I remember arguing with you. At that time i wasn't aware then that 4 more months later he'd still be saying his knee is not letting him play.

BlitzForce 10-10-2012 05:25 PM

Gee people - way to twist his words, and knee!!! :coleman:

His knee is fine, otherwise he wouldn't be dunking and what not.
He is talking about his BBall timing and getting back into 5 on 5, NBA BBall shape - at least his opinion of where he is at
Chris Paul had the same surgery and took him a good part of the season to get back to where he was

From a few days ago - Does that look like he has knee issues? :dancin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yARq5GsRC0

niko 10-10-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlitzForce
Gee people - way to twist his words, and knee!!! :coleman:

His knee is fine, otherwise he wouldn't be dunking and what not.
He is talking about his BBall timing and getting back into 5 on 5, NBA BBall shape - at least his opinion of where he is at
Chris Paul had the same surgery and took him a good part of the season to get back to where he was

From a few days ago - Does that look like he has knee issues? :dancin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yARq5GsRC0

The quotes we are discussing are from Lin who specifically says he's not fully back from knee surgery. Are you saying he's lying? Because HE said it's his knee, not anyone here.

TonyD 10-10-2012 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
i personally think he's trying to lower expectations.

I'm inclined to agree.