Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Perry Jones had a solid game. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278794)

Kiddlovesnets 10-17-2012 01:53 AM

Perry Jones had a solid game.

An underrated rookie due to potential knee problem, this reminds me of Dejuan Blair from the Spurs. A title contender team with such a solid addition, the Thunder will be a deeper team than they were last year.

maybeshewill13 10-17-2012 02:29 AM

Re: Perry Jones had a solid game.

PJ3 my man :applause: Been great this preseason.

G.O.A.T 10-17-2012 03:04 AM

Was overrated for the 2011 draft, underrated for the 2012 draft, nice choice by Presti and the Zombie Sonics.

Clippersfan86 10-17-2012 03:25 AM

REALLY bummed that Clips didn't move up for this guy. He fell way too low and shocked that the team that just went to the finals nabbed him.

Fudge 10-17-2012 03:29 AM

I love his versatility. Now we can run a long, offensive, athletic line up of Russ/Harden/Durant/PJ3/Ibaka when Perk isn't doing much.

PyrrhusX 10-17-2012 05:22 AM

Him and Liggins are putting up good numbers, I do hope he gets an expanded role with this team. Even moreso if Harden gets traded..

maybeshewill13 10-17-2012 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fudge
I love his versatility. Now we can run a long, offensive, athletic line up of Russ/Harden/Durant/PJ3/Ibaka when Perk isn't doing much.

Talk about a fun lineup :applause:

Mr. Incredible 10-17-2012 10:56 AM

I was shocked when the Heat passed on him.

pegasus 10-17-2012 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
An underrated rookie due to potential knee problem, this reminds me of Dejuan Blair from the Spurs. A title contender team with such a solid addition, the Thunder will be a deeper team than they were last year.

Not just because of a rookie. Don't forget Eric Maynor is back. He was a very good back-up point guard in 2010-2011, and he can actually facilitate better than WB.

50inchvertical 10-17-2012 12:14 PM

He did. Maynor did as well. Liggins and Rautins also did, but we don't have any space for them. I think they have played their way onto someone's roster though.

And yes, I love PJ3's game. Even if his knee does explode in 5 yrs as predicted, he won't even fall as low as the 28th best player in this draft. Other GMs are going to regret passing. I just hope Brooks doesn't give him the rookie treatment and not play him.

My favorite lineup last night was Westbrook, Liggins, Durant, PJ3, and Ibaka. Him getting minutes with the real rotation guys too could be a good sign.

Maynor got a HUGE ovation when he checked in. I got some videos and pics I might upload.

Jax 10-17-2012 01:39 PM

Heat couldn't afford him, basically.

Clippersfan86 10-17-2012 02:31 PM

I will say OKC's bench is looking much deeper than people realized (preseason or not) which is great for them. I think one of their flaws was a lack of depth outside of Collison and Harden (who plays most of the minutes anyways). Having Maynor back and looking good PLUS underrated rookie Perry Jones who was a top 10 draft pick on most boards not long ago will boost the team a lot.

50inchvertical 10-18-2012 01:12 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGNNO...ature=youtu.be

Kujo 10-18-2012 07:18 AM

I know it's only preseason, but teams are looking foolish for passing on this guy

hawksdogsbraves 10-18-2012 11:00 AM

The guy was a top 5 talent in the draft, no doubt about it. He has a lot of issues between injury concerns and his motor, but if they can get those under control he may well be the steal of the past 5 drafts.