Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   What do you think of JJ Hickson's game? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279274)

insidehoops 10-23-2012 06:59 PM

What do you think of JJ Hickson's game?

The Blazers like it enough to decide that for now, he'll be their (undersized) starting center.

Read http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11257

TheMarkMadsen 10-23-2012 07:01 PM

Re: What do you think of JJ Hickson's game?

I mean.. he did have some pretty tough competition :confusedshrug:

DuMa 10-23-2012 07:04 PM

JJ Hickson? well thats a nice nickname for a placeholder soon to be replaced by Meyers Leonard

tmacattack33 10-23-2012 07:07 PM

He should call up Lebron and thank him. In 2009-2010, as Lebron's teammate, people used to say that JJ Hickson had great potential...maybe all-star potential. Seriously.

Haymaker 10-23-2012 07:11 PM

He's good when getting fed the ball by a good passer. Not much in the Bball IQ department.

bisk 10-23-2012 07:43 PM

Got the handling skills of Greg Little (or used to when he played for the Cavs).

maybeshewill13 10-23-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa
JJ Hickson? well thats a nice nickname for a placeholder soon to be replaced by Meyers Leonard

Meyers Leonard :applause:

jbryan1984 10-23-2012 08:36 PM

Can be good, just inconsistant.

Kujo 10-23-2012 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbryan1984
Can be good, just inconsistant.

This. He's shown flashes of brilliance.

He's too talented to go MIA as much as he does. I hope he breaks out this season, and starts being consistent.

DukeDelonte13 10-23-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kujo
This. He's shown flashes of brilliance.

He's too talented to go MIA as much as he does. I hope he breaks out this season, and starts being consistent.

i think consistency will come as he matures more and more. He's just a dummy. He averaged his best numbers when he played C in Cleveland sans Lebron.

Whoah10115 10-23-2012 11:36 PM

If they're gonna do this, they may as well put LMA at C and Hickson at PF. Hickson at C sounds stupid.

ispin69 10-24-2012 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmacattack33
He should call up Lebron and thank him. In 2009-2010, as Lebron's teammate, people used to say that JJ Hickson had great potential...maybe all-star potential. Seriously.

I believe you meant Shaq. Lebron played in Cleveland for years and no one cared who the scrubs were around him...other than Varejao, Z, Mo Williams? Shaq praised JJ (you could be cedric ceballos lol), I've loved his game since then. He struggled in Sacramento but you can't blame it all on him. I wish he was in Dallas teaming up with Dirk and being somewhat like Chandler but obviously not as much a beast as Chandler.

El Kabong 10-24-2012 01:37 AM

He was horrendous in Sac last year, but so was pretty much everyone. Showed some better stuff with the Blazers, so he might not be a complete waste.

chosen_one6 10-24-2012 01:43 AM

The guy can score but that's about it. Not really great defensively due to his size. He's going to get shat on opening night.

Richesly 10-24-2012 01:47 AM

Was the Cavalier's best player after LeBron left, no clue why they traded him.