Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Charlotte Hornets Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Michael Jordan: The Gambler (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279353)

Mavsman22 10-24-2012 03:51 PM

Michael Jordan: The Gambler

As he is often known to do, Michael Jordan took a big gamble on your Bobcats last season. We're about to see if it pays off. Read:

http://6thmanblog.com/2012/prose-ran...31-the-gambler

~spectre~ 10-25-2012 05:40 AM

Re: Michael Jordan: The Gambler

Pretty good read...are you the author?

I don't think it was quite the gamble that your article says given the alternative. Look at the Bucks as a prime example, chasing the 8th seed for years and almost always falling short. Trying to go that route hoping to land above average FAs (because Lebron is not taking his talent to the Queen City) just to get a couple of playoff games at our home court is IMO much more of a gamble. Going for high draft picks along with a guy who has one of the most comprehensive databases for evaluating players in the game is actually the safer way, esp. financially.

onewickedlady 10-27-2012 04:00 PM

So what does our preseason indicate for the upcoming real season?

~spectre~ 10-28-2012 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onewickedlady
So what does our preseason indicate for the upcoming real season?

Bigger/Stronger/Faster...while still not being very good.

We'll still get blown out of some games but not quite as many as last year. The losses will pile up but I don't expect the players or the coach to quit this time around.

The thing for me is to see our young guys get better. If that happens then I'll consider the season a success no matter the final W/L record.

rufuspaul 10-29-2012 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~spectre~

We'll still get blown out of some games but not quite as many as last year. The losses will pile up but I don't expect the players or the coach to quit this time around.

The thing for me is to see our young guys get better. If that happens then I'll consider the season a success no matter the final W/L record.

This. My prediction: 18 wins, most of those coming at the end of the season.

SourPatchKids 10-29-2012 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rufuspaul
This. My prediction: 18 wins, most of those coming at the end of the season.

I think the average cats fan is more optimistic..

Timmeh 10-29-2012 11:08 AM

I'm an average Cats fan. 18 wins seems like a stretch to me.

rufuspaul 10-29-2012 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
I think the average cats fan is more optimistic..

After last season I'll just be happy to go to games that are actually watchable.

onewickedlady 10-30-2012 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~spectre~

I'll take your attitude on this. Sort of like being back in our first couple of seasons. Of course with so many good veteran players having been traded away over the seasons it's been impossible to create any consistency from season to season. I'm still excited. The firstrow.eu website sucks. I know there's another one au...something. I've watched it in previous seasons. Help anyone....

~spectre~ 11-02-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onewickedlady
I'll take your attitude on this. Sort of like being back in our first couple of seasons. Of course with so many good veteran players having been traded away over the seasons it's been impossible to create any consistency from season to season. I'm still excited. The firstrow.eu website sucks. I know there's another one au...something. I've watched it in previous seasons. Help anyone....

Exactly like the first 2 seasons.

That site DEFINITELY sucks. I had to use it during preseason on the 2 or 3 that was actually televised and it was brutal. Thing is Homeland Security shut down all the US based sites so the only options left are overseas.

Back in the day I used to have some luck with teams in the far east, but usually only when we were playing Houston (Yao).

liverpooty 11-03-2012 09:02 AM

atdhe.eu

onewickedlady 11-03-2012 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liverpooty
atdhe.eu

Thank you!!
The times blow my mind. I guess they're using the 24 hour clock. Midnight-thirty!!!