Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Mavericks claim Eddy Curry off waivers... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=279435)

All Net 10-25-2012 06:14 PM

Mavericks claim Eddy Curry off waivers...

He gets another shot :cheers:

RRR3 10-25-2012 06:15 PM

Re: Mavericks claim Eddy Curry off waivers...

Are they going to get rid of Delonte West? BTW what has Delonte been doing that's getting him in so much trouble?

insidehoops 10-25-2012 06:15 PM

The Dallas Mavericks announced today that they have been awarded free agent center Eddy Curry on a waiver claim.

Curry (7-0, 295) was the fourth overall pick in the 2001 NBA Draft by the Chicago Bulls and has played in 525 games (411 starts) with Chicago, New York and Miami. He holds career averages of 13.0 points, 5.2 rebounds and 24.9 minutes per game while shooting .545 from the field.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11286

bdreason 10-25-2012 06:18 PM

Not surprising.

Amazing how well these guys play when in a contract year, playing for their careers. And by amazing, I mean embarrassing.

R.I.P. 10-25-2012 06:40 PM

Well itīs not Dwight, but almost. :cry:

All Net 10-25-2012 06:47 PM

Sounds like this will happen when West gets waived.

sick_brah07 10-25-2012 06:50 PM

Dirk brand Kaman curry

God damn a total of 90 points and 4 rebounds a game between them lol

mark 10-25-2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Net
He gets another shot :cheers:

Cannot stand Eddy Curry he should not be in the league. He always misses greater than 90% of the season, and sits on the bench. This is horrible. Delonte couldn't keep his composure. Sure there is a crowded back court, but that's a pure waste. This is way worse than the signing of Odom.
Dallas is in major rebuild mode. If this is the case, shouldn't they not sign an aging veteran who won't ever crack the rotation???? Getting rid of Terry and now signing Curry. D Will was extremely lucky not to sign in Dallas. What a pure mess. Cuban has better things to do, like promote dance shows. This is horrible news for Mavs fans.

DirkNowitzki41 10-25-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mark
Cannot stand Eddy Curry he should not be in the league. He always misses greater than 90% of the season, and sits on the bench. This is horrible. Delonte couldn't keep his composure. Sure there is a crowded back court, but that's a pure waste. This is way worse than the signing of Odom.

Not even close.

mark 10-25-2012 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkNowitzki41
Not even close.

I really wish Dirk had more to work with, than Curry. This is sad. Maybe not quite as bad as Odom, but comparable. This guy will sit at the end of the bench and never dress for a game. :banghead: But I'd much rather he sits dressed in a suit, instead of suiting up and pretending to play like Odom.
It will always be shrouded in mystery what happened to West in Dallas. Did he sustain an injury, and never fully recover, and be frustrated in the process?
I agree this is a perfect time to cut a player, rather than let drama unfold in the season, ala Chad Ochocinco in Miami -- that was perfect timing
Professional sports teams don't need unnecessary press that is negative.

SpecialQue 10-25-2012 07:55 PM

Mavs once again taking other team's table scraps.

creepingdeath 10-25-2012 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpecialQue
Mavs once again taking other team's table scraps.

We da bess

:(

Locked_Up_Tonight 10-25-2012 08:48 PM

I doubt he ever turns into something. The last time I saw him play he was in NY against the Mavs and I couldn't even see the half the court when he walked onto it. It's sad when you get called for 3 secs and you have both feet outside the lane.....

But he is basically a cheap insurance center to soak up a few minutes while Dirk and/or Kaman is out.

AK47DR91 10-25-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sick_brah07
Dirk brand Kaman curry

God damn a total of 90 points and 4 rebounds a game between them lol

Dirk's Caveman Curry Brand, coming to a grocery aisle near you.

bagelred 10-25-2012 08:52 PM

Eddy "I like all types of food except if its served with" Curry