Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ever seen anything like this in any of your games? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281401)

ZenMaster 11-13-2012 05:47 PM

Ever seen anything like this in any of your games?
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=rlGIIysx05g

IGotACoolStory 11-13-2012 05:48 PM

Re: Ever seen anything like this in any of your games?
 
I don't get it. What was he trying to accomplish there?

DuMa 11-13-2012 05:48 PM

Re: Ever seen anything like this in any of your games?
 
ricky davis plays in belgium now?

ZenMaster 11-13-2012 05:57 PM

Re: Ever seen anything like this in any of your games?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa
ricky davis plays in belgium now?


:lol

Quote:

I don't get it. What was he trying to accomplish there?

Brain lapse, trying to score on his own basket. Fails miserably..

jstern 11-13-2012 06:00 PM

Re: Ever seen anything like this in any of your games?
 
That is so embarrassing.

I think there are some NBA players who have made mistakes where they think the other teams hoop is theirs.

I remember like one of the first time of me playing basketball me blocking my teammate and then making the shot.

StroShow4 11-13-2012 06:02 PM

Re: Ever seen anything like this in any of your games?
 
How the f@ck did he miss four consecutive layups? :oldlol:


:oldlol: :roll: @ his own teammate trying to stuff him.

CavaliersFTW 11-13-2012 06:05 PM

Re: Ever seen anything like this in any of your games?
 
So a Euroleague center who misses uncontested layups (on the dumb@sses own f*cking basket) is news now? :confusedshrug: this pathetic sh*t happens ALL THE TIME overseas we Americans are just spoiled by the NBA. This kind of crap doesn't belong in the NBA forum but I guess it should be posted because it proves what a f*cking joke the poster Euroleague is, and it proves how AWFUL the "talent" of Euroleague is.

I mean Euroleague constantly argues that players like this;
http://youtu.be/rlGIIysx05g

would dominate vs our players like this;
http://youtu.be/brCeE7VCqPU

There's just no comparison. NBA > NCAA > D-League > Euroleague

The guy couldn't even dunk the fcking ball uncontested. Not surprised either - almost no one can in that league except for the odd NBA reject;



/thread

AlonzoGOAT 11-13-2012 06:08 PM

Re: Ever seen anything like this in any of your games?
 
I don't think he was trying to score just stat pad his rebounds I mean that's his own basket to begin with.

9erempiree 11-13-2012 06:15 PM

Re: Ever seen anything like this in any of your games?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AlonzoGOAT
I don't think he was trying to score just stat pad his rebounds I mean that's his own basket to begin with.


those kind of stats should not count if you are shooting at your own basket.

Blue&Orange 11-13-2012 06:29 PM

Re: Ever seen anything like this in any of your games?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
So a Euroleague center who misses uncontested layups (on the dumb@sses own f*cking basket) is news now? :confusedshrug: this pathetic sh*t happens ALL THE TIME overseas we Americans are just spoiled by the NBA. This kind of crap doesn't belong in the NBA forum but I guess it should be posted because it proves what a f*cking joke the poster Euroleague is, and it proves how AWFUL the "talent" of Euroleague is.

I mean Euroleague constantly argues that players like this;
http://youtu.be/rlGIIysx05g

would dominate vs our players like this;
http://youtu.be/brCeE7VCqPU

There's just no comparison. NBA > NCAA > D-League > Euroleague

The guy couldn't even dunk the fcking ball uncontested. Not surprised either - almost no one can in that league except for the odd NBA reject;



/thread

What unbelievable dumb post... since when the 5TH DIVISION, i repeat the 5TH DIVISION, not the first, not the second not the third not the fourth, the FIFTH DIVISION of frigging BELGIUM! have anything to do with euroleague?

Those guys are amateurs! Changes they are being paid are ZERO! :facepalm

CavaliersFTW 11-13-2012 06:38 PM

Re: Ever seen anything like this in any of your games?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
What unbelievable dumb post... since when the 5TH DIVISION, i repeat the 5TH DIVISION, not the first, not the second not the third not the fourth, the FIFTH DIVISION of frigging BELGIUM! have anything to do with euroleague?

Those guys are amateurs! Changes they are being paid are ZERO! :facepalm

Uh oh here come the Euroleague apologists with excuses in hand to try to explain why Euroleague's trash isn't actually as bad as it looks :rolleyes:

Blue&Orange 11-13-2012 06:44 PM

Re: Ever seen anything like this in any of your games?
 
oh you're trolling, ok carry on... :rolleyes:

millwad 11-13-2012 06:46 PM

Re: Ever seen anything like this in any of your games?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
Uh oh here come the Euroleague apologists with excuses in hand to try to explain why Euroleague's trash isn't actually as bad as it looks :rolleyes:


Not sure if you're serious but again, you're the last one who should write anything considering that you think that the players from 60's were just as good or even better than the players today.. :facepalm

poido123 11-13-2012 06:59 PM

Re: Ever seen anything like this in any of your games?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by millwad
Not sure if you're serious but again, you're the last one who should write anything considering that you think that the players from 60's were just as good or even better than the players today.. :facepalm


How can you possibly compare the two for starters. :confusedshrug: You were not around when the 60's basketball was happening so your opinion of which era was better is futile. Only eras that are debateable to most of the people here is the 90's and 00's.

Rake2204 11-13-2012 07:13 PM

Re: Ever seen anything like this in any of your games?
 
Is there a follow up quote or explanation to this?

In related news, during one of my years coaching middle school ball, I called a time-out during a game to set up our press breaker. Out of the time out, we got the rock in to my point guard, stationed in beneath the opposing team's basket. I could see in his eyes he was about to shoot, so I began yelling "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" in unison with the entire home crowd. Didn't phase him. He shot the point blank layup at his own basket anyway.

Thankfully, he missed it, and everyone let out a collective sigh of relief. Then he grabbed his own rebound and put it back in.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy