Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Trade Metta World Peace (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=281489)

kkinchen 11-14-2012 04:23 PM

Trade Metta World Peace
 
Am I the only one that is completely fed up with his consistently atrocious offense, and his delusions of grandeur about his defense. He is slow, flat footed, and has horrible lateral movement. And gets blown by more often then he can actually keep his body in front of an opposing player.


This dude is a real liability on our team. We need to trade him and get as much value in return as we can, whatever that may be. This is not the UFC, this is the NBA. We are keeping him around because he is so tough, but the fact is that toughness is not a basketball skill. He is just a horrible player a this point in his career and someone needed to say it.

If we cant trade him, we need to amnesty him.

VegasLakerFan 11-14-2012 04:43 PM

Re: Trade Metta World Peace
 
I think- Ok, I HOPE- that he can still be useful if he has a coach he actually respects who will put him in his place if he acts like an idiot. I SERIOUSLY doubt, D'Antoni will tolerate his stupidness on offense, and I still see a glimmer of hope on D when he is forced to focus on that.
I think it might be prudent to hold off on any major moves until we see how things run with a healthy Nash and the new system.
BUT! If he keeps acting like a moron even after things get settled, then in the words of Kobe, "Ship his ass out!"

bladefd 11-14-2012 05:19 PM

Re: Trade Metta World Peace
 
No, amnesty is not a smart idea. I'd rather have MWP play limited minutes than outright amnesty him because you still have to pay him (even though that would be off the books).

As for trading him.. who is going to take him at this point in his career? What will you even get for him? I mean you could try to see what he is worth around the league, but you won't get much for him..

DKLaker 11-14-2012 05:33 PM

Re: Trade Metta World Peace
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bladefd
No, amnesty is not a smart idea. I'd rather have MWP play limited minutes than outright amnesty him because you still have to pay him (even though that would be off the books).

As for trading him.. who is going to take him at this point in his career? What will you even get for him? I mean you could try to see what he is worth around the league, but you won't get much for him..


We found someone to take Luke Walton, and Kwame.......are they better than Metta :no: :no: :no: :no: There would be a taker......who, I have no idea.

Metta's play >>>> Duhon & Meeks......man those guys couldn't have looked more useless last night......in fact they really both hurt the team.

lakerfreak 11-14-2012 06:21 PM

Re: Trade Metta World Peace
 
Im getting tired of the constant complaining about every non star on this team. There are fantasy leagues to solve this type of disorder. Superstars don't win championships, rather chemistry and effort is what usually takes the cake.

VegasLakerFan 11-14-2012 06:25 PM

Re: Trade Metta World Peace
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Im getting tired of the constant complaining about every non star on this team. There are fantasy leagues to solve this type of disorder. Superstars don't win championships, rather chemistry and effort is what usually takes the cake.


Good post.:)

DKLaker 11-15-2012 12:28 AM

Re: Trade Metta World Peace
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Im getting tired of the constant complaining about every non star on this team. There are fantasy leagues to solve this type of disorder. Superstars don't win championships, rather chemistry and effort is what usually takes the cake.


It's a basketball forum not a homerish circle J3RK, everyone is going to have opinions and expectations....if they feel a player is not pulling his weight they will say so......even Kobe will get bashed after scoring 40+ points :oldlol:
I don't always agree with what is said but I respect everyone's right to their opinion.....Don't lose sight of that, you have done a fantastic job Mr. Mod :applause:

kkinchen 11-15-2012 04:29 PM

Re: Trade Metta World Peace
 
I just want to see him held accountable for his lack of production on the court. He is such a charismatic individual that I often get the impression that he is always able to talk his way into a job that, in my opinion, he no longer deserves.

The situation with Metta is actually very similar to the one we just resolved with Mike Brown. He has a reputation for being a great defensive player, but on the court we just don't see it. And he is the worst offensive player in the NBA.

dd24 11-15-2012 05:15 PM

Re: Trade Metta World Peace
 
Hypothetically everybody would love to upgrade that position. Realistically, there's no way it happens. He's the only decent SF on the team. By trading him you would expect to get a better SF in return. There's no team that is going to trade their SF who is better for Artest. The Lakers would need to trade something else. The problem is, there aren't teams out there willing to take on salary. The Lakers obviously can't so it makes it next to impossible to make a deal.

The only SF who is good that would potentially be available would be Tayshaun Prince. Obviously, he'd be an amazing fit. The problem is Joe D isn't going to take Artest and he isn't going to take on salary. I'm sure he'd want a first round pick too. There really aren't any pieces on the Lakers that would Detroit would even want (outside of the superstars). I don't see anyway to make it work. Unfortunately, Lakers fans are probably going to have to settle for no moves and having an All-Star team this season :lol :oldlol: :D

lakerfreak 11-15-2012 07:04 PM

Re: Trade Metta World Peace
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
It's a basketball forum not a homerish circle J3RK, everyone is going to have opinions and expectations....if they feel a player is not pulling his weight they will say so......even Kobe will get bashed after scoring 40+ points :oldlol:
I don't always agree with what is said but I respect everyone's right to their opinion.....Don't lose sight of that, you have done a fantastic job Mr. Mod :applause:


THank you man and I agree. Its just from a basketball standpoint, I want to see some optimism here and there. If everything is about the bad, I start getting depressed. I already got enough bad in my personal life, and would like to watch some refreshing basketball.

Smush was bad, he left. After that it was Kwame, he left. After that it was Odom. Odom picked it up and improved. After that it was the decline of Pau Gasol. After that it was the hiring of Mike Brown. Now that Mike Brown is gone, Ron Artest?

Ron has given the lakers his 110% every single game, whether they were down 30 or up 30. Without Ron Artest, we don't win against the celtics in game 7. How many times have we seen Ron hit clutch shots when a game is on the line? All this and he's just a role player making midlevel cash. When are we going to stop the crucifixion of a basketball team? Just watch and have fun. You know? Not everything has to be the best....

DKLaker 11-15-2012 07:44 PM

Re: Trade Metta World Peace
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
THank you man and I agree. Its just from a basketball standpoint, I want to see some optimism here and there. If everything is about the bad, I start getting depressed. I already got enough bad in my personal life, and would like to watch some refreshing basketball.

Smush was bad, he left. After that it was Kwame, he left. After that it was Odom. Odom picked it up and improved. After that it was the decline of Pau Gasol. After that it was the hiring of Mike Brown. Now that Mike Brown is gone, Ron Artest?

Ron has given the lakers his 110% every single game, whether they were down 30 or up 30. Without Ron Artest, we don't win against the celtics in game 7. How many times have we seen Ron hit clutch shots when a game is on the line? All this and he's just a role player making midlevel cash. When are we going to stop the crucifixion of a basketball team? Just watch and have fun. You know? Not everything has to be the best....


I agree with you on the whole post.....but is the team would just stop doing bad things like hiring the wrong coaches we wouldn't have much to complain about. On the positive side, despite the loss I can see we are much better than the Spurs.....we lost that game due to injuries and playing in a coachless situation.
I don't have a problem with Metta but I understand kk and those who want him out. I don't really have a problem with weak grip Pau either, I hope 'Antoni stops all the crap with Pau on the perimeter, he doesn't have that kind of range, his talent is being wasted.....if we can't figure it out we should trade him.
Sad but Duhon and Meeks were so horrible last game that I actually missed Steve Blake :oldlol: I still think we should've kept Goudelock......but that was a Mike Brown bad decision.

Despite all of our various gripes we ALL want the same thing :cheers:

mariodeathgrip 11-15-2012 07:47 PM

Re: Trade Metta World Peace
 
WTF,

No trade no amnesty.

We need him for the play-off, we need to trade Gasol, Blake!
For that one guy from Atlanta! Oh well!

WhiteMamba 11-16-2012 11:13 PM

Re: Trade Metta World Peace
 
He's too inconsistent, but his defense really helps.

DKLaker 11-17-2012 01:06 AM

Re: Trade Metta World Peace
 
Hey kk, how did Metta play tonight :oldlol: :oldlol:
Maybe he heard you :D

$LakerGold 11-17-2012 02:33 AM

Re: Trade Metta World Peace
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Hey kk, how did Metta play tonight :oldlol: :oldlol:
Maybe he heard you :D

:oldlol: :oldlol:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy