Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Gerald Wallace is turning into a flopper (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283444)

DuMa 12-05-2012 04:29 PM

Gerald Wallace is turning into a flopper

got fined $5,000 for this flop against LBJ

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/or...-mia-play.nba/

dont go into the dark side crash :(

blablabla 12-05-2012 04:33 PM

Re: Gerald Wallace is turning into a flopper

brooklyn
tough

CLTHornets4eva 12-05-2012 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa
got fined $5,000 for this flop against LBJ

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/or...-mia-play.nba/

dont go into the dark side crash :(

Nothin new. Just part of being Crash -straight hustlin. :applause:

It's A VC3!!! 12-05-2012 04:47 PM

LeBron did extend his right arm but I'll side with the league on this one.
Even though the referees screwed us in the Thunder game last night. A clean block by Hump called a goal tend. Even the ref came up to Hump and said " It can't get any closer than this" If it was that close, why even make the debatable call? Just let them play.:(

Haymaker 12-05-2012 05:03 PM

It's so funny that Lebron have not received a warning for flopping. :rolleyes:

SevereUpInHere 12-05-2012 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!
Even though the referees screwed us in the Thunder game last night. A clean block by Hump called a goal tend. Even the ref came up to Hump and said " It can't get any closer than this" If it was that close, why even make the debatable call? Just let them play.:(

I"m glad he got fined for that, I remember thinking when it happened it should be a fine.

Hang on, this is one against Miami? I can't get any videos on nba.com to play, I youtubed it and he got a warning too for a flop on Melo against us too? Anyone got a youtube link of this one?

Come on man, that was impossible to tell even on the replay, you can't blame the refs for that one. I can completely understand being mad over it tho, one of those 50/50 calls that just goes the wrong way. At least you can take heart in it not being a completely wrong call.

kNIOKAS 12-05-2012 06:33 PM

He just cannot stand straight. :applause:

niko 12-05-2012 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by It's A VC3!!!

All the calls you got in the third and fourth quarters and you complain about that one? Give back the other ten calls prior and you're down 10 and that's not an issue.

kumquat 12-05-2012 06:39 PM

That's always been a part of his game. He flops like crazy to get charges.

LJJ 12-05-2012 06:41 PM

Fined a whole 5000 dollars. That'll be a deterrent.

CeltsGarlic 12-05-2012 06:43 PM

Broklyn, Broklyn, Broklyn, Broooooklyyyyn, wee goo sooft, we go soft.
Broklyn we go soft, we go soft.

mans1ay3r 12-05-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LJJ
Fined a whole 5000 dollars. That'll be a deterrent.

Seriously. I don't understand the NBA and their fines. What the hell is $5k to someone that makes millions?

There can't be a legitimate reason NBA does these pathetic hand slap fines. If it were me, no flat fines, but rather a percentage of that player's salary so it effects everyone and hurts. Would Chris Paul really care if he was fined $5k? James Harden spends $20k on a woman. I wish I could really understand how they come up with these fines.

Imagine if speeding tickets were $5 bucks. :oldlol:

DuMa 12-05-2012 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mans1ay3r
Seriously. I don't understand the NBA and their fines. What the hell is $5k to someone that makes millions?

There can't be a legitimate reason NBA does these pathetic hand slap fines. If it were me, no flat fines, but rather a percentage of that player's salary so it effects everyone and hurts. Would Chris Paul really care if he was fined $5k? James Harden spends $20k on a woman. I wish I could really understand how they come up with these fines.

Imagine if speeding tickets were $5 bucks. :oldlol:

its not the fine. its the shame the player has to live with. the reputation of being a flopper is a lot more costly because the refs will know now. they will avoid calling it in favor of the flopper next time.

SevereUpInHere 12-05-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa
its not the fine. its the shame the player has to live with. the reputation of being a flopper is a lot more costly because the refs will know now. they will avoid calling it in favor of the flopper next time.

Should be a fine and a tech, shit, 2 techs even.

Spaulding 12-05-2012 08:03 PM