Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Second worst team in the league (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283520)

A.M.G. 12-06-2012 02:53 PM

Second worst team in the league

Why is Colangelo not fired TODAY?

Himan12 12-06-2012 11:17 PM

Re: Second worst team in the league

They are still making money... So whats wrong?

Put out a product that doesnt take that much effort to put together and you still have support? That my friend is the DREAM. I'm not gonna even try and figure why people would waste 2-3 hours of their lives going to games and watching this team year after year after year. Like seriously... mcgurie? anderson? gray? fields? lucas? quincy? All these random contract extensions for questionable terms? Does that even look like a front office or owners that gives two s***s about winning?

This franchise has mailed it in, and that was years ago. Its strange that I am realizing this now. Look at the body of work this franchise has done since VC was traded. Can you honestly say it was more circumstantial or things beyond their control instead of effort, patience and taking time to research? BC or no BC this franchise sucks. Its time to wake up people and stop wasting your time watching this crap.

I know I'm done.

T-Low 12-06-2012 11:30 PM

I just find the whole situation funny. I think they don't care about winning in Toronto. Maple Leafs are the first billion dollar team and they can't win worth a shit (mind you, they are undefeated right now) and the Raptors have a manager trying to take a system from Phoenix that never really went anywhere...Bring in someone who will bring in grit, bring in a rough mentality and hate to say it, but bring in American talent.

Sekman 12-07-2012 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Himan12
They are still making money... So whats wrong?

i think anyone of us as GM can do that.. with the Raptors' fan base

i'm sure we were making money with Babcock, Grunweld (spelling)

bk33 12-07-2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sekman
i think anyone of us as GM can do that.. with the Raptors' fan base

i'm sure we were making money with Babcock, Grunweld (spelling)

that's exactly his point. the ownership doesn't care about win/lose that much as long as they're still making money, that's why they haven't bothered to replace Colangelo with someone more competent.

Jballer 12-07-2012 10:59 AM

Maybe the plan was to keep the top 3 draft pick all along ?

Management knew all along the season would go this way !

You know all that smoke screen preseason stuff about accelerated improvement and competing for a playoff spot could have been a sales job on Houston - to get them to accept an 2015 draft pick !!

Wow I had no idea the MLSE Management was so capable.
:cheers:

lilbeastnani 12-08-2012 09:19 AM

Il Mago speaks http://www.sportando.net/eng/usa/nba...situation.html
Quote:

"This is a strange season for me with too many ups and downs. One night I score 34 points, then just 4, then 21, again 4 and last game 23. It sounds like a joke. When things go wrong, also occurs a psychological component, but cannot be a justification. The stimuli must be found as well in the worst situations. We are playing badly and when all the team plays a bad basketball, even you, as a player, are affected. Rumors on me being traded? I have heard them. It is clear that when you play bad, the first thing you think is to shop your best player. The situation as a team is bad. After all the expectations last summer, the result is that we keep losing. We missed the playoffs the last four years and we have the second worst record in the NBA after the Wizards. Last season, despite the losses, we had a defensive identity. We won the match through the defense. This season we don't even have this. We alternate good performances with other games in which we concede a lot of points to out opponents. Honestly, I do not know the reason. We have new players, almost the entire starting five changed. We changed the key roles as the point guard and the center. But we are only at the beginning of the season. We still have time to correct this negative trend".

Skywalker 12-08-2012 09:44 AM

Shop your best player omg, send this pha got packing ASAP

keantona 12-08-2012 10:19 AM

"We are playing badly and when all the team plays a bad basketball, even you, as a player, are affected."

Ah, so that's whose fault Bargnani's shitty play is; everyone else's.

"It is clear that when you play bad, the first thing you think is to shop your best player. "

I have been pleased enough with Lowry's play, even though I didn't like giving up a draft pick for him, but I can understand looking at trading him at this point.

bokes15 12-08-2012 10:41 AM

Quote:

It is clear that when you play bad, the first thing you think is to shop your best player.

:coleman: That statement is pure comedy. a. because Bargnani is maybe our 3rd or 4th best player. And B. The first thing a GM thinks of when a team goes bad is how to build better around his best player. And then when that player/team fails, the last resort is to get rid of him.

Skywalker 12-08-2012 11:04 AM

3rd or 4th is generous, he's terrible when you consider what you need out of a 7 footer playing 35 minutes at PF

no rebounding, clueless defensively other than man to man where hes just average, and shooting 40% to top it off

I think Lowry, Derozan, Davis, Amir, Val and Calderon are all better than him

when you think about it, if you put a player like Motiejunas in the same role we've given Bargnani, it wouldn't be a surprise if he produced the same numbers

TERRIBLE