Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Let's talk about empty stats. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283862)

BEAST Griffin 12-10-2012 01:04 AM

Let's talk about empty stats.
 
Kevin Love always gets the empty stats stigma because the Timberwolves have a losing record. Since the Lakers have a losing record does that mean Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant are putting up empty stats?

:confusedshrug:

chazzy 12-10-2012 01:06 AM

Re: Let's talk about empty stats.
 
Just like BEAST Griffin's pre-CP3 numbers?

Rubio2Gasol 12-10-2012 01:51 AM

Re: Let's talk about empty stats.
 
Jerry Buss is just proving how worthless money is if you don't have a Brain...and by extension D'Antoni.

They are literally worthless wastes of oxygen on this planet.

On the question of empty stats. I'd say to an extent but the Lakers problems are deeper than that.Perhaps Howard does not get on the all-star starter this year.

Actually Marc Gasol definitely deserves it ahead of him.

VegasLakerFan 12-10-2012 01:57 AM

Re: Let's talk about empty stats.
 
From the way Dwight plays offense, I'd say that he needs a true PG to be at his best. His post moves usually suck. He doesn't power his way to the basket like Shaq would. The crappy thing about being a Laker fan right now is we really need to see how having Nash back(With Pau and Blake) will change things. It is frustrating.

Rubio2Gasol 12-10-2012 02:19 AM

Re: Let's talk about empty stats.
 
Dwight needs high pick and Roll and shooters. He's never been a great post player or scorer but what the Magic did really well was get him extremely
Deep position and take advantage of other guys not being able to keep him out of the paint.

With the Lakers he's posting up almost at the elbow and when the double comes and he passes out there's no ball movement.

TheBigVeto 12-10-2012 02:30 AM

Re: Let's talk about empty stats.
 
Yes Kobe's stats are empty stats. If Kevin Love got the flak, so should Kobe.
I called this already.

FireDavidKahn 12-10-2012 04:01 AM

Re: Let's talk about empty stats.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BEAST Griffin
Kevin Love always gets the empty stats stigma because the Timberwolves have a losing record. Since the Lakers have a losing record does that mean Dwight Howard and Kobe Bryant are putting up empty stats?

:confusedshrug:

Kyrie Irving is also a terrible player.:cheers:

Cone 12-10-2012 04:08 AM

Re: Let's talk about empty stats.
 
lmao seriously? :coleman:

kobe and dwight are superstars who have both been to the finals with kobe winning multiple rings.

kevin love has been a loser his whole career and has never made the playoffs once.

thats the difference. dont ever try to compare them ever again

i understand what youre trying to say. but no

Artillery 12-10-2012 04:16 AM

Re: Let's talk about empty stats.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cone
lmao seriously? :coleman:

kobe and dwight are superstars who have both been to the finals with kobe winning multiple rings.

kevin love has been a loser his whole career and has never made the playoffs once.

thats the difference. dont ever try to compare them ever again

i understand what youre trying to say. but no


Everybody also called Garnett a loser till he went to Boston :confusedshrug:

La Frescobaldi 12-10-2012 06:56 AM

Re: Let's talk about empty stats.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cone
lmao seriously? :coleman:

kobe and dwight are superstars who have both been to the finals with kobe winning multiple rings.

kevin love has been a loser his whole career and has never made the playoffs once.

thats the difference. dont ever try to compare them ever again

i understand what youre trying to say. but no

Keeping this for future reference.

As far as OP question.... every single 30,000 point player has put up stupendous amounts of empty stats. Bryant is no different, when his team is pathetic he polishes his legacy. Kareem, 13, Malone & Jordan are identical in that fact.

ShaqAttack3234 12-11-2012 10:12 AM

Re: Let's talk about empty stats.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by VegasLakerFan
From the way Dwight plays offense, I'd say that he needs a true PG to be at his best. His post moves usually suck. He doesn't power his way to the basket like Shaq would.


Dwight played very well in Orlando with Jameer Nelson as his point guard, and Rafer Alston when they made the run to the finals. He's been disappointing the last couple of seasons. Some are his own fault while others are due to injuries and now adjusting to new teammates and trying to learn a couple of new systems already after playing in the same system for 4 years before that. He's also adjusting to playing with a superstar like Kobe who is the man on the team, while Dwight had been the man in Orlando.

I think a great passer would be perfect with Dwight, but he doesn't need it. Just look at how well he played offensively with Jameer Nelson as his point guard. He showed a nice offensive game all season. Now, he's just been out of sync, and what's made a huge difference is his free throw shooting going from bad to worse. He's dropped below 50%, but in 6 seasons from '06-'11, he had never been below 58.6% and never above 59.6%. Still not good at all, but 59-60% looks pretty good now in comparison. It is strange that he had been so consistent every year at that % and then fell off. It's obvious that changing his form last season, in addition to the distractions(mostly created by himself) have hurt.

But I think people got carried away with the Nash/Howard fantasies. I never thought we'd truly see a ton of that duo playing off each other. I think we can see more now that D'Antoni is there, but as good as Nash/Howard screen/rolls sound, the team clearly isn't going to revolve around that. Kobe is still the 1st option, and Nash is not only going to be 39 this season, but he's been injured for a while. Don't get me wrong, we still have to wait and see what they can do with Nash before judging this team, but I don't see any way that Nash will make the impact he did from '05-'07 or even in '10.

STATUTORY 12-11-2012 10:35 AM

Re: Let's talk about empty stats.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
Dwight played very well in Orlando with Jameer Nelson as his point guard, and Rafer Alston when they made the run to the finals. He's been disappointing the last couple of seasons. Some are his own fault while others are due to injuries and now adjusting to new teammates and trying to learn a couple of new systems already after playing in the same system for 4 years before that. He's also adjusting to playing with a superstar like Kobe who is the man on the team, while Dwight had been the man in Orlando.

I think a great passer would be perfect with Dwight, but he doesn't need it. Just look at how well he played offensively with Jameer Nelson as his point guard. He showed a nice offensive game all season. Now, he's just been out of sync, and what's made a huge difference is his free throw shooting going from bad to worse. He's dropped below 50%, but in 6 seasons from '06-'11, he had never been below 58.6% and never above 59.6%. Still not good at all, but 59-60% looks pretty good now in comparison. It is strange that he had been so consistent every year at that % and then fell off. It's obvious that changing his form last season, in addition to the distractions(mostly created by himself) have hurt.

But I think people got carried away with the Nash/Howard fantasies. I never thought we'd truly see a ton of that duo playing off each other. I think we can see more now that D'Antoni is there, but as good as Nash/Howard screen/rolls sound, the team clearly isn't going to revolve around that. Kobe is still the 1st option, and Nash is not only going to be 39 this season, but he's been injured for a while. Don't get me wrong, we still have to wait and see what they can do with Nash before judging this team, but I don't see any way that Nash will make the impact he did from '05-'07 or even in '10.


dwight is a terrible franchise player going forward. he has about 3-4 years of prime left. once his athleticism fade how is he gonna be effective?

swi7ch 12-11-2012 10:42 AM

Re: Let's talk about empty stats.
 
empty stats? how about the lakers which are 1-9 when kobe scores 30 or more

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=283888

KOBE143 12-11-2012 10:58 AM

Re: Let's talk about empty stats.
 
LeBron is the King of Empty Stats.. :bowdown:

Bigsmoke 12-11-2012 11:03 AM

Re: Let's talk about empty stats.
 
Kevin Love is a monster tho


Shareef Abdur-Rahim on the other hand


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:17 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy