Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   nba2k13 defense (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=284438)

miggyme1 12-15-2012 11:44 AM

nba2k13 defense

having trouble...what defense do you guys use? man to man?

what do u do in defensive settings? like defensive pressure and help defense

do u play everybody tight?

CeltsGarlic 12-15-2012 01:24 PM

Re: nba2k13 defense

I either stand with intense D and try to get the steal while the guy isomotions, or stand with my hand up. Thats on perimeter.

ihoopallday 12-16-2012 12:25 PM

1-3-1 zone. Double the ball handler every chance you get. They'll most likely commit a turnover. Put your help defense on 75. Press left on the d-pad and choose "constant pressure". Make sure your PF and SF are athletic. They'll be the main guys protecting the lane. Don't want someone slow.

miggyme1 12-16-2012 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ihoopallday
1-3-1 zone. Double the ball handler every chance you get. They'll most likely commit a turnover. Put your help defense on 75. Press left on the d-pad and choose "constant pressure". Make sure your PF and SF are athletic. They'll be the main guys protecting the lane. Don't want someone slow.

Sorry bruh but i dont want to use this cheesy stuff. I wanna play fair ball. I got a guy i play on my friends list who does this. A fcuking bum. All he do is dribble wit lebron until he can break his defender get fouled. Then run this gimmick ass 1-3-1. 2k need to tone down zone. 1-3-1 zone in real life would get murdered unless u play the wizards every game. Only good zones is 2-3 and 3-2

$LakerGold 12-16-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miggyme1
Sorry bruh but i dont want to use this cheesy stuff. I wanna play fair ball. I got a guy i play on my friends list who does this. A fcuking bum. All he do is dribble wit lebron until he can break his defender get fouled. Then run this gimmick ass 1-3-1. 2k need to tone down zone. 1-3-1 zone in real life would get murdered unless u play the wizards every game. Only good zones is 2-3 and 3-2

Cheesy? Thats part of basketball:oldlol:

miggyme1 12-16-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Cheesy? Thats part of basketball:oldlol:

That shit cheesy homie. NEXT

WE AINT TALKIN BOUT REAL LIFE WE TALKIN About a GAME. ITS CHEESY AS HELL! Goodbye

outbreak 12-16-2012 04:53 PM

I hang off a little bit and hold intense. Usually if you can see their animation change you'll know when to step forward to stop a jumper. If it's someone I know just knocks down 3's on me though I'll stand closer. This edition you actually have to adjust to who it is your defending. In association/full team games I'll always play the defender, the AI sucks at man to man d

$LakerGold 12-17-2012 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miggyme1
That shit cheesy homie. NEXT

WE AINT TALKIN BOUT REAL LIFE WE TALKIN About a GAME. ITS CHEESY AS HELL! Goodbye

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Is it still basketball?

Rake2204 12-17-2012 10:32 AM

Quote:

Is it still basketball?

I see where he's coming from. It truly seems the NBA 2K series was constructed only with man-to-man defensive schemes in mind. When playing against a zone defense, the core principles that'd allow a team to break that zone down in real life do not seem to be readily available in the video game. Passes are often not quick enough, double teams can often be sprung too easily with little recourse, there are no zone-specific offensive counter plays, and defenders still seem to have a vast advantage in gambling while still being able to recover in time to disrupt nearly any open look that'd otherwise be available in real life.

All that said, that type of defensive attitude from many human opponents is a large part of why I opt not to play online. Obviously, it's not my right to tell folks how to play, it's their decision to make, it just doesn't mesh with my video game basketball desires. I enjoy being able to make basketball decisions that result in success and when facing a 1-3-1 zone and not having any of my solid decisions come to fruition because the game is not built to counter such a scheme, I lose a little bit of interest.

Basically, I do not really want to devise a video game way of beating someone's video game defense. I want to play something that even vaguely resembles basketball and its true strategies. As another poster said, if we wanted to be sticklers, NBA teams rarely (if ever) employ a true 1-3-1 defense because it'd leave them repeatedly susceptible to everyone's favorite pro shot: the corner three. This counter is not readily available in 2K13 with consistency, due to the aforementioned poor passing, spacing, and recovery mechanics which were made almost exclusively to combat man-to-man defense, in my opinion.

I understand where folks are coming from who employ those zones, with their gambles and their exploitation of the offense not having something specific to counter their attack and whatnot. I know that's people merely looking to win at all costs. That's just not what we're all looking for.

miggyme1 12-17-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Is it still basketball?

are u still stupid?

CelticBaller 12-17-2012 08:48 PM

I switcht to the center, and hope my guards don't get blown by